Traders - Warning !

gg53
Trader

Traders - Warning !

Post by gg53 »

FF_Alexa_graph.png
Dear traders:
This post is not about trading, it's about us - traders.
...and... It's some kind of warning and "watch out".

So let the (short) story begin:
I was some kind of "vip" in ForexFactory website. They have some kind of "ranking" system and they "nominated" me as one of their top 1%
"High Impact Member" - based on number of "subscribers" to my post, "budies", quality information, etc.
My forums and my posts got dozens of visitors each day.

All of a sudden, my "membership" revoked, my posts and forums, which was highly popular, went into the "recycle bin"...
At first I thought it's some kind of mistake. EMails to Admin, customer support, etc. remain un-unswered.
No warnings, no reasoning, no response - nada...

I can assure you that there was no foul language, insults or any kind of mis-behaviour in any of my posts.
I can also assure you that there was no scam, commercial content, sales pitch, or any kind of money or financial suggestions in any of my posts.

A few days after that - a whole lot of good, honest, helpfull, contributing members got "revoked" membership and their forums/posts went also into the FF "recycle bin". Most of those forums are full of good ideas, new and innovative indicators and promising trading systems.

Then I strated to do some "digging"...
I'm not going to reveal everything that I found about FF (BTW: we now call them "****ersFactory"...), but the following will give you some idea:
They are hiding their true identity under:
Registrant Name: PERFECT PRIVACY, LLC
That is some kind of "legal" identity with a purpose of hiding the true identity of the owner/s.

If I knew that before registering to their site - I wouldn't register at all.

I have a pretty good idea why they doing it, but for me that doesn't matter anymore.
Just beware and exercise caution with FF.

ahhh... they have a good calendar...
(Attached is FF Alexa graph - Traffic Ranks - How is this site ranked relative to other sites)

G.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Eamonn
Trader

Traders - Warning !

Post by Eamonn »

Hi GG

couldn't agree more with your account.

I was subscribed to many of the threads you are referring to when the cull came about.

It seems that if anybody comes up with any kind of successful system that is'nt s/r, macd ,BB or moving average related or they don't understand , admin starts to firstly temporarily suspend members and then permanently revoke their membership.

It's a shame because this was where I started out, but now only visit occasionally because of what has happened to so many good threads.

The good news is we have Steve's site to come too, which is getting better and better by the day and for me has had it's best year since inception.

Steve is aware of the shenanigans that go on at FF and welcomes ex members here, he was at odds with FF many years ago and that is why he set this site up.
gg53
Trader

Traders - Warning !

Post by gg53 »

Yes, I know some of Steve history with the Fu****Factory.
I'm not angry or pissed off by it - just want to warn others from beeing burnt.

Please, spread the word, link to this or other relevant posts, share, like or whatever make this issue a well known one.

Also, if you find out any info about the true "hiding" owners of the FF - please let us know.

Thanks.

G.
dudest
Trader

Traders - Warning !

Post by dudest »

gg53 » Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:36 am wrote:

Then I strated to do some "digging"...
I'm not going to reveal everything that I found about FF (BTW: we now call them "****ersFactory"...), but the following will give you some idea:
They are hiding their true identity under:
Registrant Name: PERFECT PRIVACY, LLC
That is some kind of "legal" identity with a purpose of hiding the true identity of the owner/s.

If I knew that before registering to their site - I wouldn't register at all.

I have a pretty good idea why they doing it, but for me that doesn't matter anymore.
Just beware and exercise caution with FF.

Hi G,

I'm interesting in hearing your opinion of why they are doing it ( if you don't mind my asking... )
gg53
Trader

Traders - Warning !

Post by gg53 »

The first thing is because they can, they own the place...
As for their motivation - We need to confirm some more details in order to complete the puzzle.
We don't want to publish things without concrete proof.

I hope you understand.

G.
Eamonn
Trader

Traders - Warning !

Post by Eamonn »

Well if you look at the ad banners at FF, that must be the reason, they pay the bills at FF and if punters start getting profitable at Forex who are the losers?

Most punters lose atm but I suspect this number is decreasing and if your broker is taking the opposite side of your trade and you start to become profitable someone has to lose and they don't want it to be them.

So there you go the piper calls the tune at FF, No profitable strategies allowed.

Eamonn.
scheinwerfer
Trader

Traders - Warning !

Post by scheinwerfer »

I thought I pay you guys a visit at penguins, but is that site down :?: You're having too much fun over there it seems, if it really is as I think it is :lol:
gg53
Trader

Traders - Warning !

Post by gg53 »

Do you want to make a bet on exactly who is responsible for the (temp) shut down?!?! ;-}

G.
scheinwerfer
Trader

Traders - Warning !

Post by scheinwerfer »

gg53 » Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:38 pm wrote:Do you want to make a bet on exactly who is responsible for the (temp) shut down?!?! ;-}

G.
Really under attack? Heh, unbelievable...

You have proof on perpetrators? That would be :party: :!!: if you had.

Do you know when site is coming back up? Hope Saver can handle the work.
scheinwerfer
Trader

Traders - Warning !

Post by scheinwerfer »

How many members you have there, 500 or less? And you get attacked in Christmas, some formidable blokes you have pissed off...

Return to “Lounge”