10.3 SCALPER/RANGE TRADE SYSTEM

This is where Bob posts his own threads
hilavoku
Trader

Re: 10.3 SCALPER/RANGE TRADE SYSTEM

Post by hilavoku »

mobthehop wrote:May I politely ask that Don opens his own thread to handle his indicators and any questions / issues related to them as Baluda and Neotrader did - IMHO this is really distracting from this thread .... just saying and no offense intended

Thanks for your kind consideration
Hi. I recommendet this a few days ago. I also think that the discussion on Dons indies takes a lot of space in this 10.3 thread. I also would like to see it on a own thread (which i surely will visit very often).

So there could be an own thread and when there are some big updates he can post the info here. The link to his own dropbox page is a solution i can live with. :-)

@DON: So i hope you re-think it :-) (and hey: no offense from my side also) Just some constructive thoughts
hilavoku
Trader

Post by hilavoku »

retireme wrote:
I guess the answer is NO, Mop! :D

You have some insights? :shock:
retireme
Trader

Post by retireme »

hilavoku wrote:
retireme wrote:

Not at all, its just that I read all posts in a thread and it has already been answered!
To raise new questions, new possibilities, to regard old problems from a new angle, requires creative imagination and marks real advance in science. - Albert Einstein
hilavoku
Trader

Post by hilavoku »

retireme wrote:
hilavoku wrote:
retireme wrote:

Not at all, its just that I read all posts in a thread and it has already been answered!
Don wrote: "... I may get around to making another thread of my own one day, but really am busy with what I am doing now ... "

I read my own posts and also the others.. But he wrote that he thinks about it... Just take a closer look before writing ...
retireme
Trader

Post by retireme »

hilavoku wrote:
retireme wrote:
hilavoku wrote:
retireme wrote:

Don wrote: "... I may get around to making another thread of my own one day, but really am busy with what I am doing now ... "

I read my own posts and also the others.. But he wrote that he thinks about it... Just take a closer look before writing ...
Obviously, you missed this one...

http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... ead#p32407
To raise new questions, new possibilities, to regard old problems from a new angle, requires creative imagination and marks real advance in science. - Albert Einstein
hilavoku
Trader

Post by hilavoku »

retireme wrote:
hilavoku wrote:
retireme wrote:
hilavoku wrote:
retireme wrote:

Obviously, you missed this one...

http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... ead#p32407
Obviously not. The Quote in my last post was exactly what Don wrote in his post you refering to. So again; take a closer look before posting :lol:
But enough. I don't want to waste my time any further and pollute this thread ...
retireme
Trader

Post by retireme »

well you aren't doing too bad a job... if you feel victory is yours, so be it... selective cut and paste wins the day

touche Cyrano
Baron500

Post by Baron500 »

First of all hello everyone i recently joined the forum. I am new to this business. Honestly i just signed up for forex robot that someone recommended me and i end up reading bobs all documents(10.0, 10.2, 10.3 ) and forum threads. I found this thread a little bit hard to follow for someone new like me. Even though i tried to check everyone's feedback about the system.

I have read that Bob will work on documentation for 10.3 in this month which sounds great.

Besides i was wondering is it possible someone more experienced to sum up the information in this thread. As i said i read all but there are too mixed information and having hard time to filter all these. Like different time zones, volatilities, pivot problems, many different indicator names passing around etc. I would love to work on that and make some backtests and try to understand it better if someone can make it clear for new people like me. I am using documentation on the page 93 right now. Should i use it with Don's indicator? and a little information about ea's to manage trades on that system would be great.

Thanks to all who contributed.
nanningbob
Trader

Post by nanningbob »

Baron500 wrote:First of all hello everyone i recently joined the forum. I am new to this business. Honestly i just signed up for forex robot that someone recommended me and i end up reading bobs all documents(10.0, 10.2, 10.3 ) and forum threads. I found this thread a little bit hard to follow for someone new like me. Even though i tried to check everyone's feedback about the system.

I have read that Bob will work on documentation for 10.3 in this month which sounds great.

Besides i was wondering is it possible someone more experienced to sum up the information in this thread. As i said i read all but there are too mixed information and having hard time to filter all these. Like different time zones, volatilities, pivot problems, many different indicator names passing around etc. I would love to work on that and make some backtests and try to understand it better if someone can make it clear for new people like me. I am using documentation on the page 93 right now. Should i use it with Don's indicator? and a little information about ea's to manage trades on that system would be great.

10.3 is basically simple, when the daily open is above the daily pivot buy, if the daily open is below the daily pivot sell. Play fairly tight SL by having the MPTM set SL after you enter the trade and use the Jump EA to move your SL up quickly, every 6 pips. Your target profit is Support 1 or Resistance 1 or if your riding a strong trend S2 or R2. You know you have a strong trend if DO and DP are both below the monthly pivot and weekly pivot. The best time to trade is within a half hour of the euro open and half hour before the USA open. Take the currency pairs which have retraced behind the DO and see if they will continue following the trend. Wednesday through Friday are the best days to trade with Monday and Tuesday trying to find the direction for the week. Follow those rules and you will most weeks have more winners than loser and the winners will be bigger than the losers on the average. The goal of 10.3 is scalping which means most of your profits are going to be in the 15-30 pip range. I set my SL starting at 18. That is the system in its simplest nutshell.
I trade http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... =38&t=3964,
I talk about my philosophy of trading here.
http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... =38&t=3627
"The key to converting something useful to others is simplicity. Complexity is the enemy to execution." Tony Robbins
atharmian
Trader

Use TMA_Norm now? More exp Re: 10.3 SCALPER/RANGE TRADE SYS

Post by atharmian »

Bob,

Thanks for the quickie.

A. Can you kindly explain a bit more using just a BUY example? I still don't understand terms
like "behind DO" (is it above or below?) or Euro open (is it Frankfurt or London open?)

Also my assumption has been that in the quieter Asian session, the currencies mostly retrace, and then with active sessions, try to get back on their main daily/weekly trends if any. The 'ranging' markets over the last few months, thus, should give us plenty of both CT and trending opportunities as long as we can differentiate between the two conditions on a session-to-session basis.

I also thought that aligning pivots/fibs as in DO>DP>WP>MP for BUYS is a great set up for strong trends. From what you say (DO,DP below WP,MP for BUY strong trend ?), this looks conflicting, and suggests that a strong trend back up to WP, MP is what we are following for BUY trends.

B. Should we now use the TMA Slope v1.4B 4.30MTF indy (aka TMA_Norm as in chart window display) instead of the current TMA True, in 10.3 templates? See attached (also reads two other TFs in same window.)

Regards,
Athar.

nanningbob wrote:
Baron500 wrote:First of all hello everyone i recently joined the forum. I am new to this business. Honestly i just signed up for forex robot that someone recommended me and i end up reading bobs all documents(10.0, 10.2, 10.3 ) and forum threads. I found this thread a little bit hard to follow for someone new like me. Even though i tried to check everyone's feedback about the system.

10.3 is basically simple, when the daily open is above the daily pivot buy, if the daily open is below the daily pivot sell. Play fairly tight SL by having the MPTM set SL after you enter the trade and use the Jump EA to move your SL up quickly, every 6 pips. Your target profit is Support 1 or Resistance 1 or if your riding a strong trend S2 or R2. You know you have a strong trend if DO and DP are both below the monthly pivot and weekly pivot. The best time to trade is within a half hour of the euro open and half hour before the USA open. Take the currency pairs which have retraced behind the DO and see if they will continue following the trend. Wednesday through Friday are the best days to trade with Monday and Tuesday trying to find the direction for the week. Follow those rules and you will most weeks have more winners than loser and the winners will be bigger than the losers on the average. The goal of 10.3 is scalping which means most of your profits are going to be in the 15-30 pip range. I set my SL starting at 18. That is the system in its simplest nutshell.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Bob's individual forum”