Jem's Uber Basket Trading Thread

Share your individual manual NB 10.x trading ideas here.
will80
Trader

Re: Jem's Uber Basket Trading 10.2 Thread

Post by will80 »

I'm in - got in a bit late as health and fitness take priority at the moment! So I'm im only up 37pips.
0507.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
harry45
Trader

Post by harry45 »

Jemook wrote:Daily is -.5 .. That's good enough for me these days ;)
Unfortunately I do not see in todays Jem approach clear(strict) rules.
TMA Slope-works,but what is more significant-Pivots,Pivots in order,5x1 MA?
There are no universal rules up to now.It is a pity.Sorry
Regards
Bunker

Post by Bunker »

Jemook wrote:Daily is -.5 .. That's good enough for me these days ;)
Hi Jemook,

First, thanks for making this manual system easy to trade. I added TDI which help me confirming all trades (same pair as yours excep I used +-0.6 TMA slope)

I understand that discretion is key here. I remember reading that there is still at least one good trade if it's below (or above) -0.4. This is all about calculated risk.

Can you pls confirm the following ? I realise that on GN, the DP > WP, same for GA. The order is different than the one suggested by NB. So I guess this is also discretionary ?

The comment made by Harry89 is also valid (H&S pattern). I find these easy to identify with the DP.

Thanks again !

Bunker
will80
Trader

Post by will80 »

For me... I try to simplify it...
1. Check News
2. TMA Slope needs to be healthy (0.5 + or -) Establish pairs
3. 4H chart Retracement then cross of MA a good sign, then cross of daily pivot is go for launch if pivots are aligned in order.
Jemook
Trader

Post by Jemook »

Bunker wrote:Can you pls confirm the following ? I realise that on GN, the DP > WP, same for GA. The order is different than the one suggested by NB. So I guess this is also discretionary ?
I'm going to quote myself from the first post:

"In 10.2 Bob discusses the order of daily, weekly and monthly pivots to determine direction/trend. Read up on this as a great trade is at hand when the pivots are in the correct order and you get a retracement setup/trigger. If a pair is not in the correct order this doesn't mean it's not a good setup just be wary of the trade going against you."

I hope that answers your question matey.
harry45 wrote:Unfortunately I do not see in todays Jem approach clear(strict) rules.
TMA Slope-works,but what is more significant-Pivots,Pivots in order,5x1 MA?
There are no universal rules up to now.It is a pity.Sorry.
I'm so sorry my system leaves room for discretion, Harry. Let me re-write the whole thing for you cause it clearly sucks. You have my blessings to go find another system to trade where you don't have to use your brain :lol: While you are fiddling with your tiddly wink I'm up 300 pips tonight. And would you believe that I followed my rules to the T to get in. FYI in my rules on the first post:

"Please not that the .8 is a recommendation for the best setups. If you see a pair between .4 to .8 it may still be tradable. Is up to you to work out if we are still trending or not by using your 10.2 brain"

AND

"If a pair falls below the 'strongly trending' D1 TMA Slope then it's up to you if you'd like to remove it from your basket or not. Sometimes it is just retracing and setting up for a bigger move. However if you have a whole bunch of pairs in your basket and they all fall below .8 this could be the start of a reversal, watch out! But then again it could just be a beautiful retracement. I definitely would not recommend trading any pair that falls below .4 threshold as this means range or reversal time."

I have zero patience for your type, better move on mate.
Please note I am no longer affiliated with Global Prime. I've moved on to my next adventure with Afterprime.

Catch me here: https://www.afterprime.com
spyderman
Trader

Post by spyderman »

Good morning all... :cry: (at least for me)

Just woke up and I see I'm late to the party. I'll try and catch up. Remains to be seen how well I can do missing the London surges but we'll try.

Anyways here's my basket. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Snaggin' some pips
Bunker

Post by Bunker »

Thanks Jem ! It sure does (answer my question).

Although I minimized the risk by using the +-0.6 boundaries, I think I made a pretty good start. Let's see where it goes. :)

Bunker
Armen

Post by Armen »

I have broken the rules a bit. :)
Last edited by Armen on Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jemook
Trader

Post by Jemook »

I'm glad you are making this system work for you Bunker. Well done.
Please note I am no longer affiliated with Global Prime. I've moved on to my next adventure with Afterprime.

Catch me here: https://www.afterprime.com
Baluda
Trader

Post by Baluda »

Jem,

Maybe we should invoke the global FindAndReplace function to replace all 'rules' with 'guidelines'.

Just a thought. :twisted:

Paul
Check the MQL4 Market for my best EA's and Indicators.

Return to “Manual 10.x trading”