Desky. TDesk's trading drone.

SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

Thomas has coded TDesk V6.x. This translates the trading signals generated by TDesk into stuff that a drone trading EA can work with.

I have coded the drone EA.

The drone's official name is "TDesk Trading Partner EA". This is about as bad an EA name as it is possible to get, so I have nicknamed him "Desky" - we all know that an EA is automatically rubbish if its name is rubbish. :lol:

Read the User Guide for a feel of what Desky does.

There are exciting times ahead folks.

SERIOUS NOTE
It is worthwhile remembering that I tend to develop software with the latest thingy enabled by default. I am a deeply disorganised person and will mostly forget to disable stuff when I then release it.

This is a fault of mine but there is bugger-all I can do about it apart from perhaps making people aware of it. Nor do I care. Like Thomas et al, I spend vast periods of time developing code/systems without anyone paying us anything for doing so. You want perfection? Pay us vast wodges of cash and you will have our undivided attention.

I regard it as the responsibility of individual users to ensure that their set files reflect their preferences.

Desky cannot be used successfully by lazy and/or thoughtless dimwits. Users MUST work stuff out for themselves. Or fail and lose all your money. Your choice.

PROBLEMS LOADING DESKY
Desky not loading is usually caused by a missing file that he needs to be able to work. Click the Experts tab at the bottom of your Empty4 platform and try loading Desky again. Error messages will highlight any missing files. You can ask about them if you do not understand, at http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... 51#p164251

It is a waste of time asking me by PM; I shall ignore you if I am in a good mood. In a bad mood, I shall ban you for being so stupid as not to have read this post properly. Wondering whether to contact me via PM? Shudder delicately, forget it and move on.

:xm: :rocket:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
Wavegarrick
Trader

Post by Wavegarrick »

A huge thanks Steve, :good:

This is working perfect with Thomas's latest TDesk version. No more sitting at my computer all day long to catch signals :smile:

Cheers
Leon
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

First update is in post 1, with dynamic lot sizing. You do not need the updated user guide if you are already familiar with how this works.

Next to come is grid and basket trading, but probably tomorrow as I do not have much time today.

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

alex_forex
Trader

Post by alex_forex »

Awesome Steve :hi:
SteveHopwood
Owner

Post by SteveHopwood »

V 1a is in post 1.

Nothing exciting, so no need to rush to download. These updates will come thick and fast.

1a has a dedicated trade exit inputs section to allow for further development of these. I have added the usual anti-overtrading filters we are all so familiar with.

SteveHopwood
Owner

Post by SteveHopwood »

V 1b is in post 1. I have added the usual trading times stuff. There is one new input in them - DeletePendingTradesOutsideTradingTimes. Most of you understand the trading hours stuff, so save yourselves from redownloading the UG:
DeletePendingTradesOutsideTradingTimes: this is also applied to the individual days functions. This tells Desky to delete stop and limit orders when we are outside our trading hours. This only applies when there are no market trades already open.
Note there is no rollover time inputs. TDesk takes care of this, so there is no need for inputs here.

SteveHopwood
Owner

Post by SteveHopwood »

V 1c is in post 1. Thomas told me that Desky does need a dedicated rollover function, so it is back.

I have added grid trading and basket stuff. It is all copied from SPB, so you do not need the updated user guide if you are familiar with SPB.

SteveHopwood
Owner

Post by SteveHopwood »

V 1d is in post 1. I have added Tests Database connections, so you need Thomas' latest TDeskSignals.mqh.

I have added Recovery.

I have added pending trades to the "Trading styles" section. This is original coding and so there may be some bugs ready to come crashing out of the undergrowth. The rest is copied from SPB Experimental and so should be watertight as SPB E appears to be working ok. We shall see.

Next to come are the usual individual trade management functions.

SteveHopwood
Owner

Post by SteveHopwood »

V 1e is in post 1. This has all the usual individual trade management features.

I have been a Possessed Soul today and with good reason. I needed to get a lot done because this weekend will be taken up with teaching and rehearsing The Flatulent Beauty and Her Sodding Beast.

Truth to tell, today has mostly been copy/paste/edit from other EA's. There may be stuff I have forgotten to add or edit, so there may be bugs. Don't go rushing to put this on your live accounts on Monday.

SteveHopwood
Owner

Post by SteveHopwood »

Navzar929 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:21 pm wrote:I have a live account with a starting deposit of 500 euros and a 1:30 max leverage (E.U. trading laws limited it 2 months ago).
The maximum now, until i hit 100% free margin, when the criminal starts refusing more trades, is 12 trades (0.12 total lots).
I think its the low leverage. Maybe you are using 1:200 or 1:500, which of course can sustain all 28 pairs.
But for now, I followed Wavegarrick's advice and limited the pairs traded to 12. I will add others as my balance will increase. :)
I have worked ridiculously hard today. Stupidly hard.

Then I am called to read a post here only to be met by your drivel.

Shut up dimwit. One more post from you here about anything and I will ban you from this forum altogether.

Capiche, moron?

Return to “TDesk: A Thomas Special. The greatest trading tool ever.”