Thanks Tommaso

SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Thanks Tommaso

Post by SteveHopwood »

Tuesday 3rd Dec 2013:

We were all driven nuts over the weekend and much of yesterday, by the long periods when this forum was unavailable.

Tommaso (milanese) took it upon himself to investigate - he has run his own forums and knows how to tackle the back end of a website. He still is not sure whether the problems were caused by a hacker or by the increasingly heavy footfall here and the possible inability of the basic hosting package I paid for to cope with it.

He concluded that we needed one of the hosts dedicated server packages; these are not cheap.

In one of the most wonderfully generous actions I have witnessed, Tommaso booked the package and paid for it himself, for a year.

That is just a few US dollars short of $1,800 guys.

Thank you Tomaso. I am proud and honoured to be able to call you my friend. Our forum is indebted to you.

:D

Later edit:
A number of you want to make donations to Tommaso. Shelley (fxozgirl) is setting up and will administer a suitable Paypal account to hold donations towards this forum's ongoing costs.

It will take a few days to get this up and running; I will let you know when it is.
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
milanese
TechAdmin

Re: Thanks Tommaso

Post by milanese »

SteveHopwood wrote:Tuesday 3rd Dec 2013:

We were all driven nuts over the weekend and much of yesterday, by the long periods when this forum was unavailable.

Tommaso (milanese) took it upon himself to investigate - he has run his own forums and knows how to tackle the back end of a website. He still is not sure whether the problems were caused by a hacker or by the increasingly heavy footfall here and the possible inability of the basic hosting package I paid for to cope with it.

He concluded that we needed one of the hosts dedicated server packages; these are not cheap.

In one of the most wonderfully generous actions I have witnessed, Tommaso booked the package and paid for it himself, for a year.

That is just a few US dollars short of $1,800 guys.

Thank you Tomaso. I am proud and honoured to be able to call you my friend. Our forum is indebted to you.

:D
thank you Steve for this wonderfull board :D
Global Prime is the official SHF broker :yahoo:
Searching for Servers and Workstations with individual configuration?
Just PM
:smile: Click here to go to the BoardKnowledgeBase
NOTE: Cookies and JavaScript are required for the using the board, with full functionality
MattK
Trader

Post by MattK »

Thank you BOTH!!!!!
spotdespot
Trader

Post by spotdespot »

Unreal - thank you Tommaso.
Pedigree
Trader

Post by Pedigree »

Great gesture Tommaso!
Thank you.
TraderDesk
Trader

Post by TraderDesk »

Wow Tommaso..... That is very kind and generous of you... I applaud your generosity...

Thanks for helping out all of us here...

Traderdesk
TraderDesk
dudest
Trader

Post by dudest »

I've seen your generous and excellent work all around the forum, and now this?! You totally ROCK dude!!!!!!

Cheers :)
pete14
Trader

Post by pete14 »

Thank you Tommaso,

it's very much appreciated

Peter
SWG123
Trader

Post by SWG123 »

Wow. Tommaso, what can I say? Generosity beyond words. Heartfelt thanks. :D

Steve
aworex
Trader

Post by aworex »

Thank You Tommaso,
Thank You Steve,
And a Big Thank You to all contributors as well as those who make ths Forex forum what it is today...

Return to “Lounge”