Cryoptocurrenices / Blockchain / Initial Coin Offerings

Jemook
Trader

Post by Jemook »

RedLineFred » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:31 pm wrote:How did you fair through yesterday's Ethereum Flash Crash?

more on it here:
http://fortune.com/2017/06/22/ethereum-crash/

Might also be an argument for not using Stops.
That crash was only on one exchange .. apparently they are refunding all the stop losses back to where the market was before the crash. We discussed it a bit in the trading room.
K-Lander wrote:So, what uses does bitcoin have? I´ll tell you what uses it has to me. In the last year and a half (when I first learned about it), I have stopped paying Paypal 5% of my billing to overseas customers, and I have grew the part of my savings I keep in bitcoin a nice 5-fold due to bitcoin´s increasing value. And I am buying in a bit more every month (yes, I believe it will keep going up, again, because of its increasing demand and deflationary nature).

BUT, this is a forum of traders, and albeit high volatility provides lots of opportunities for profit, the crypto markets are a completely unpredictable roller-coaster. Liquidity is low, so anyone with a few hundred thousand dollars can sway it at will. There is a lot of pump-and-dump going on, so a lot of people are getting burned really bad. Therefore, I would not recommend trying to apply forex systems to the crypto markets.

Well, take it for what it´s worth. Bitcoin is the future, probably a good long-term investment (I am convinced it is), but be warned that cryptocurrencies are a very, very young and dangerous capital market if you intend to trade them.

All the best,
K-Lander
Nice! Really good summary and I agree with you. Come join the Slack channel if you haven't already: http://bit.ly/2sRgwq5
K-Lander wrote:This is a long read, yet worth every minute of it. Enjoy...

https://hackernoon.com/why-everyone-mis ... 0b0151c169
Great article, there's such good content at Medium. I check it every day.
Please note I am no longer affiliated with Global Prime. I've moved on to my next adventure with Afterprime.

Catch me here: https://www.afterprime.com
K-Lander
Trader

Post by K-Lander »

Jemook » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:44 pm wrote:[quote="RedLineFred » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:31 pm

Nice! Really good summary and I agree with you. Come join the Slack channel if you haven't already: http://bit.ly/2sRgwq5
K-Lander wrote:This is a long read, yet worth every minute of it. Enjoy...

https://hackernoon.com/why-everyone-mis ... 0b0151c169
Great article, there's such good content at Medium. I check it every day.

Hi Jem,
Will do it today, Thanks for the invite.
mjws00
Trader

Post by mjws00 »

Heh. Wondered when these would hit Steves Forum.

I've been having lots of fun trading these. The hype train is so fantastic, and the "true believers" plentiful. There is a truly astronomical amount of dumb money flowing in these cryptos. They can be manipulated with a few hundred K and the whales don't even bother hiding their tracks like a central banker or market maker. They literally just run the stops, drive it their way and destroy the weak traders. The "hodlrs" are so awesome and exploitable. I love these guys so much.

It's like the unregulated early days of the stock market. Every huckster and pitchman pumping and dumping the next big thing. No regulations on insider trading and manipulation. It really is a fantastic thing to watch. :)

I'll probably miss out on all the gains the "investors" get. But they get greedy and watch their paper profits burn. I'll short them with the sharks at the top.

Lest ya'll think I don't believe in crypto, blockchain, or ICO's. I am certain they are an idea whose time has come. I am long the idea and the technology. But I ALWAYS want to consider who is on the other side of my trade. There will be some great investments and companies built around these. But if it is 1 in 100 that succeeds, there is a lot of blood that will spill. There is also a crapload of legislation, anti money-laundering, and red tape to evolve. There has not been enough blood spilled yet, but at some point the spoon fed masses will cry they have been cheated and need protection.

Be careful out there. There are wickedly good opportunities in this space if you are nimble and not greedy. Bulls make money. Bears make money. Pigs get slaughtered.

Been a while, nice to see a good chunk of the old gang is still around.

Mike
Last edited by mjws00 on Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reading the dark heart.
Jemook
Trader

Post by Jemook »

Hi Mike,

Thanks for that. I'm in agreement with you. Come join the slack group where we are chatting all things crypto. Would be great to hear more from you.

https://forexhangout.slack.com/shared_i ... ZTRmYzE4ZQ

It's amazing how much the scene has exploded since I first made this post. I'm wondering how many others have started to get interested as when I first posted I was actually quite suprised with the lack of interest.

Cheers
Jeremy
Please note I am no longer affiliated with Global Prime. I've moved on to my next adventure with Afterprime.

Jemook
Trader

Post by Jemook »

So a lot has changed with crypto since I first made this post in May last year. How's everyone feeling about it now? Has your sentiment changed? Have you made money?

To me it is a diverse universe to explore that I can't get enough of. Feels like when I first started getting into forex trading all those years ago. IMO if you are smart about things and understand the risks, market sentiment and are taking profits it is a fantastic avenue to make untold gains.

On the flipside if you are not armed to the teeth in crypto knowledge, technical and fundemental analysis there are huge, huge risks involved. I'm finding it easier to trade than FX as you can look into each projects team and join them in their channels - this transparency alone changes the game completely.

Lately I'm moving profits from tokens that have appreciated significantly into lower market cap coins showing promise. Anyway thought I'd jump in and see how everyone is going with it.

Happy new year!

Cheers
Jem

ianp
Trader

Post by ianp »

Hi Jem,

I for one are gutted for not getting involved , I made good money many years ago during the .com boom.

To be honest I didnt have a clue about how many peeps would jump on BTC , I get the future is blockchain , but BTC .......

Being a bit of a dinosaur it is hard to get my head around having to buy on one exchange so you can go to another exchange to buy what you actually want !! I feel like a luddite .. :roll:
4thWavE
Trader

Post by 4thWavE »

Hi Jem

Just signed in.. well done to start this. Will follow with big interest. 4thW
aSushiRoll
Trader

Post by aSushiRoll »

ianp » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:13 am wrote:Hi Jem,

I for one are gutted for not getting involved , I made good money many years ago during the .com boom.

To be honest I didnt have a clue about how many peeps would jump on BTC , I get the future is blockchain , but BTC .......

Being a bit of a dinosaur it is hard to get my head around having to buy on one exchange so you can go to another exchange to buy what you actually want !! I feel like a luddite .. :roll:
You'll get another chance next bull q4 2019 (initial run up)
K-Lander
Trader

Post by K-Lander »

aSushiRoll » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:13 am wrote:
ianp » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:13 am wrote:Hi Jem,

You'll get another chance next bull q4 2019 (initial run up)
Why Q4 and not Q1 or Q2 for instance? Any indications? A bull run is long overdue after a whole year of such a bear market. Hopefully to 10k :)

Cheers,

K
aSushiRoll
Trader

Post by aSushiRoll »

Ill type out an elaborate reply later

My last messages on this forum were oct 2013, i bought my first btc dec 2013 needless to say I've been spending all of my time there

First Ill write a message in the welcome thread to welcome myself back lol

This community was one of the best I remember and I anyways really enjoyed this forum and its people which is why I'm back here
Also to see what new insights have been developed ta/wise since then

Return to “Lounge”