Fucking Windows

SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Fucking Windows

Post by SteveHopwood »

This is a: rant about fucking Widows i.e. Crapdows, thread. I despise Crapdows and hope that Gates dies in agony of a plague of boils.

Nobody is asking for solutions here - although any offered after a generalised rant will be gratefully received by the original rantor.

Crapdows 10 is the best inception or Crapdows yet, but it still drives me nuts. Recognise this syndrome?

There are those updates that insist on restarting my machine whatever anti-crapdows-update settings I make. Always when I am miles away from my machine. Always when I can do fuck all about them. Always were they to cost me a small fortune were I not a subscriber to Eaymon's FX VPS power service.

FX VPS can look on the bright side of this. It is why I pay my monthly Power sub to them. :lol:

Then there are those continual messages that my fucking One Drive is not configured properly. Like I care? Even if I knew what one drive is? Or cared?

Plus sundry other stuff that I am demanded to take care of every time I restart my fucking machine.

Sorry about my language folks. I am merely starting the ball rolling here.

Rant away.

:xm: :rocket:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
tomele
Administrator

Fucking Windows

Post by tomele »

Hi Steve.

I recommend updating to version 1903. You can find it here, if your machine is not already in the update queue: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/softwar ... /windows10.

This version will allow you to postpone all updates for at least seven days. I personally like this feature. I look for updates each weekend and then postpone them for the next 7 days.

Cheers
Thomas
Happy pippin, Thomas :-BD

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble.
It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
(Mark Twain)

Keep the coder going: Donate
echoman01
Trader

Fucking Windows

Post by echoman01 »

Amen brother Steve ! Preach it !

Exactly why all my trading computers only run Crapdoze 7.
tomele
Administrator

Fucking Windows

Post by tomele »

2009: Praise The Lord for giving us Windows XP. Windows 7 is an evil creation of hell.
2019: Praise The Lord for giving us Windows 7. Windows 10 is an evil creation of hell.

Praise The Lord for Windows 10 being the last version.

:smile: :smile: :smile:
Happy pippin, Thomas :-BD

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble.
It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
(Mark Twain)

Keep the coder going: Donate
Gertje
Trader

Fucking Windows

Post by Gertje »

tomele » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:06 am wrote:2009: Praise The Lord for giving us Windows XP. Windows 7 is an evil creation of hell.
2019: Praise The Lord for giving us Windows 7. Windows 10 is an evil creation of hell.

Praise The Lord for Windows 10 being the last version.

:smile: :smile: :smile:
Praise The Lord for Windows Webserver 2008 :jump:
bodavid
Trader

Fucking Windows

Post by bodavid »

In February I left Windows for Linux and Wine and since then running all my 15+ Empty4 on Linux VPS.
As I had to learn everything about Linux it took some effort in the beginning but now it is running smoothly and stable and all the software is free and flexible.
It also brings down my VPS cost as I don't have to pay the Microsoft license fee.

Edit
Just a warning! If you are not familiar with Linux it might take a lot of effort in learning and searching for answers which you will need to maintain a properly working computer.
There are many ways to do this but I think it is best to start from
https://www.metatrader4.com/en/trading- ... tall_linux
Last edited by bodavid on Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Barcode
Trader

Fucking Windows

Post by Barcode »

Ben,

Any chance you could create a pdf showing the basics of running Empty4 under Linux?
The 10 most powerful 2 letter words in the world.

If it is to be, it is up to me.
Barcode
Trader

Fucking Windows

Post by Barcode »

Thanks for the link Ben
The 10 most powerful 2 letter words in the world.

If it is to be, it is up to me.
pivotter
Trader

Fucking Windows

Post by pivotter »

I think the long term solution needs a docker on Linux.
Its for Empty4 and MT5

We can ask the owner if we can join him in the project or we simply fork his project and discuss the ins and outs here on SHF if Steve gives permission for it.
His project is currently active.

https://github.com/EA31337?language=mql5
In the initial stage we download and install it on Debian and run it for 3 months to see how it works and how the latency holds.

Anyone interested ?

Ben
You think the rumbling comes from our "magic" black-box ?

Return to “Lounge”