Easy template/chart copy scripts/indicators

renexxxx
Trader

Post by renexxxx »

xray2 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:17 pm wrote:
I'm not sure if I am doing something wrong. I modified v1 to include .bo extensins for Binary Options. This version worked fine but seemed to included the "Open Charts in Alphabetical Order Indicator" on all charts. Not sure why because from reading here it says the first chart would be deleted, and I assumed (maybe incorrectly) the indicator would be removed as well.

On version it opens the charts up and removes the indicator but only the default template is loaded. all indicators are removed. Is thiss how it's meant to work as it seems counterintuitive.

Btw this is a great tool, so congrats to the people involved.
Yes, I think that you are doing something wrong. The "Open Charts in Alphabetical Order Indicator v2" - indicator, is meant to be used as follows:

1. First of, it is an indicator, and as such it needs to be stored in the \Indicators folder.
2. Open up a chart. Could be for any symbol, but the time frame should be set to the desired time frame for the charts you wish to open.
3. Load the "Open Charts in Alphabetical Order Indicator v2"-indicator. It presents you with the "Custom Indicator" properties screen. There is one parameter to set: 'Choose template name': default. Set this parameter to the name of the template you want to load onto the chart of each selected symbol. If you don't already have that template available, stop here, and first create that template, and remember its name.
4. Once you have selected the template name and selected OK, you will be presented with a screen listing all the symbols currently present in your Market Watch panel. Initially, all the symbols are 'Red' meaning they are selected. By pressing the 'Red' buttons, you can un-select them. This way, you can configure which symbols you wish to open a chart for.
5. Once you are happy with the selected symbols, press OK on the indicator panel, and it will open up a chart for each selected symbol, in the time frame of the current chart and will apply the selected template to each chart.
6. At the end of this, it will close the current chart that had the "Open Charts in Alphabetical Order Indicator v2"-indicator loaded.

Hope this clears up the counterintuitivity.

Rene.
xray2

Post by xray2 »

Thanks for the great explanation.
Item 3 is what I was doing wrong. V1 didn't have this and seemed to set all the charts to the exact same as the chart you installed the "Open Charts in Alphabetical Order."
version 1 worked fine for me but left the 'Open Charts in Alphabetical Order" on all the charts which made it a little cumbersome.
renexxxx
Trader

Alphebetise the Market Watch window

Post by renexxxx »

MurphyMan » Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:10 pm wrote:This is Alphabetical Order script just great! At first I couldn't get it to work, it was deleting all my charts. Then I performed another RTFM and saw that I needed to add ctt for my CitiFX demo.

Now, if we could just get another script to alphabetize the Market Watch...
This script is in response to a more than one year old post, where the question was posed to have a script that could select and alphabetize the symbols in the MarketWatch panel. As you know, you can save yourself some (CPU and memory) resources by keeping the symbols in the MarketWatch panel limited to the ones you really need. In the attached script, you can select the symbols you want listed and it should unselect the ones you don't. By first switching all of the symbols off and then selectively switching them back on, they should appear in alphabetical order. However, note that you can not remove a symbol from the MarketWatch panel if it is currently being used by Empty4. So, eg. the symbol/chart you use to run this script on can not be removed. Also, if you have some kind of dashboard or EA running that uses information from a multitude of symbols, you will find that these symbols can not be removed. So, it is best to run this script when you only have one chart open and that chart does not have any EAs or Indicators loaded that need other symbols.

I hope this script is useful for someone.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tebis
Trader

Easy template/chart copy scripts

Post by Tebis »

renexxxx » Yesterday, 00:33 wrote: I hope this script is useful from someone.
Hi Rene,
yes, thanks!
Have a nice WE
Cheers :)
Tebis
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

renexxxx » Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:33 pm wrote:
MurphyMan » Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:10 pm wrote:This is Alphabetical Order script just great! At first I couldn't get it to work, it was deleting all my charts. Then I performed another RTFM and saw that I needed to add ctt for my CitiFX demo.

Now, if we could just get another script to alphabetize the Market Watch...
This script is in response to a more than one year old post, where the question was posed to have a script that could select and alphabetize the symbols in the MarketWatch panel. As you know, you can save yourself some (CPU and memory) resources by keeping the symbols in the MarketWatch panel limited to the ones you really need. In the attached script, you can select the symbols you want listed and it should unselect the ones you don't. By first switching all of the symbols off and then selectively switching them back on, they should appear in alphabetical order. However, note that you can not remove a symbol from the MarketWatch panel it is it currently being used by Empty4. So, eg. the symbol/chart you use to run this script on can not be removed. Also, if you have some kind of dashboard or EA running that uses information from a multitude of symbols, you will find that these symbols can not be removed. So, it is best to run this script when you only have one chart open and that chart does not have any EAs or Indicators loaded that need other symbols.

I only just saw this Rene. Another fabulous piece of kit. Thanks. I just tried it and it works beautifully. :clap: :clap: :clap:

I have linked it in post 1 and will highlight it in my wrup on Sunday.

:xm:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

Rene, you may have read that I have set up umpteen demo's to test various highly promising variants of HGB and PPoS on just the biggies and GJ?

I just used your script to go back over these crapforms and remove all the pairs I am not using. The difference this has made to my cpu is humongous.

We are talking spikes of 30% when all the instances of the varieties of HGBxxxx on all the crapforms on my machine are trying to read HGI, instead of 100% before I used your script.

Ok, so it should have occurred to me to hide the pairs individually before now, but it didn't. Even if it had, I would still be hiding them all by hand several hours later but for your script.

Thanks again for your invaluable contributions here at SHF. You are a star. :clap: :clap: :clap: I hope I mentioned this before? :oops:

:xm:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
forexgeeker
Trader

Post by forexgeeker »

renexxxx » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:33 pm wrote:
Another great tool that make my life 10 times easier..Thank you Renexxxx..

Return to “Chart/template copying and history loading”