BALUDA'S SUPER CSS-2.0. THE SIMPLEST TRADING SYSTEM EVER

The forum for stuff related to this method of trading. Baluda coded the indi. Bob devised the trading method.
Gertje
Trader

Post by Gertje »

I decided to test the D1 after eyeballing a few charts.

My visual backtesting of GBPJPY was false, one needs to take the CLOSE of the signal candle [1st after cross] where I took the open.

Last week thursday I started, waiting for a cross. I closed 2 in loss already, and reversed these;
AUDCAD -43
CADCHF -78

To get a startingpoint, I took 2% SL @ 2*ADR20.
So for a pair with ADR20 = 100, my SL is 200pips and lotsize is 0.10 for a $10.000 account
So for a pair with ADR20 = 200, my SL is 400pips and lotsize is 0.05 for a $10.000 account
etc.
For any pair, 1*ADR equals 1% of accountbalance using this kind of lotsizing.

Here are the open trades at this point;
Super CSS result.png
My tradingchart I set up like this;
Super CSS chart.png
I changed the colour of the background of the Super CSS to RED and LIME in order to see at one glance if a cross happened during the day. When the current bar is of a different colour, then a cross happened and I need to close and/ or enter a trade.

I don't need all charts open, I just drag and drop from the marketview right after rollover, which takes less than 5 minutes to do.

I will keep you all updated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The_Snowman
Trader

Post by The_Snowman »

Gertje » Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:11 pm wrote:I decided to test the D1 after eyeballing a few charts.

My visual backtesting of GBPJPY was false, one needs to take the CLOSE of the signal candle [1st after cross] where I took the open.

Here are the open trades at this point;

I changed the colour of the background of the Super CSS to RED and LIME in order to see at one glance if a cross happened during the day. When the current bar is of a different colour, then a cross happened and I need to close and/ or enter a trade.

I don't need all charts open, I just drag and drop from the marketview right after rollover, which takes less than 5 minutes to do.

I will keep you all updated.
Great idea on the color, much easier & quicker to analyse.

A question on the AUDUSD Buy, I am seeing that only today, Monday 5-Sept-16, is the is green on the CSS, but today candle not yet closed.

Friday closed was still red on CSS, maybe different broker?

Thanks, John
nanningbob
Trader

Post by nanningbob »

The_Snowman » Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:13 am wrote:
Great idea on the color, much easier & quicker to analyse.

A question on the AUDUSD Buy, I am seeing that only today, Monday 5-Sept-16, is the is green on the CSS, but today candle not yet closed.

Thanks, John
Monday holiday is not the best of testing days especially off of Friday NFP report.
I trade http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... =38&t=3964,
I talk about my philosophy of trading here.
http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... =38&t=3627
"The key to converting something useful to others is simplicity. Complexity is the enemy to execution." Tony Robbins
Gertje
Trader

Post by Gertje »

The_Snowman » Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:13 pm wrote:A question on the AUDUSD Buy, I am seeing that only today, Monday 5-Sept-16, is the is green on the CSS, but today candle not yet closed.

Thanks, John
Could be, I'm with Global Prime.... :smile:
You can see there are 2 green bars, friday's and today's. I entered last night after market open.
AUDUSDDaily.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MathiasJ
Trader

Post by MathiasJ »

Gertje » Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:50 pm wrote:
The_Snowman » Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:13 pm wrote:A question on the AUDUSD Buy, I am seeing that only today, Monday 5-Sept-16, is the is green on the CSS, but today candle not yet closed.

Thanks, John
Could be, I'm with Global Prime.... :smile:
You can see there are 2 green bars, friday's and today's. I entered last night after market open.
I think it can depend on the broker, what is the timezone of the broker (server side)?
Because if they differ then we have different content in the candles... And then this can happen.
BR
Mathias
The_Snowman
Trader

Post by The_Snowman »

2016-09-06_12-22-01.png
Thanks for the replies, as you can see, now Monday was green and today, so far, is green but Interest Rate news later - I think no change forecast, good for AUD ???

Also, the previous color change there are some difference with the previous posted chart.

This is Axitrader, Australia with New York close 5 pm candles.
nanningbob
Trader

Post by nanningbob »

Forex is not governed in price in that every bank can charge its own rates and prices. So brokers around the world and banks can have slightly different prices and quotes. Also when the candle starts can be determined by what part of the world it comes from. For example 1H charts start on the hour throughout the world but 4H and daily candles can all have different start and ending times. Some can start at 0 GMT or +2 GMT or +5 GMT like my Oanda. I am sure Asian brokers like GP have their own start times so it can vary from broker to broker and bank to bank. However, price itself can has some variations but not fluctuate too far off of the median.

One of the reasons candlestick trading is tricky is the candlesticks from different TF and and broker start times vary giving you various styles of candles even though price maybe similar or doesnt vary that much throughout the world.
"The key to converting something useful to others is simplicity. Complexity is the enemy to execution." Tony Robbins
nanningbob
Trader

Post by nanningbob »

Gertje » Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:50 am wrote: Could be, I'm with Global Prime.... :smile:
I've changed the formula so the bars of the slope wont give the same as the line cross I put together on the CSS
thomasmore
Trader

Post by thomasmore »

nanningbob » 06 Sep 2016, 05:40 wrote:
I've changed the formula so the bars of the slope wont give the same as the line cross I put together on the CSS
Nanningbob,
Did you publish this as a new version, and if yes, where do we find it?
cheers,
Ludo
The_Snowman
Trader

Post by The_Snowman »

:good:

This is too easy, set the CCS to Daily, watch the 4 hour for any type of price action, say a Fractal break, collect pips, really?

:clap:
2016-09-07_10-14-32.png

Return to “BALUDA'S SUPER CSS-2.0. THE SIMPLEST TRADING SYSTEM EVER”