BALUDA'S SUPER CSS-2.0. THE SIMPLEST TRADING SYSTEM EVER

The forum for stuff related to this method of trading. Baluda coded the indi. Bob devised the trading method.
gprince66
Trader

Post by gprince66 »

macush » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:23 am wrote:
nanningbob » Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:24 am wrote:Low footprint super slope

Here is a stripped down version developed by Baluda and then Gary added MTF options. Good luck and happy testing.
Thanks Bob,
I'm sure it's Awesome and pardon my ignorance but this loads up the same as the old ver. Bottom window,
I dont understand what is meant by individual names etc. ( unless that refers to coding features which is way out of my league )
Many Thanks Again
macush
Hi macush,

The 'individual names' refers to having multiple indis on same chart. When you drop a second or third copy they will each have a unique index number added to their name. This helps when viewing history or changing time frames.

Gary
Haggadah
Trader

Post by Haggadah »

SteveHopwood » Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:46 pm wrote:
Haggadah » Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:30 pm wrote:
Gary,

Cannot be loaded. There are 2 errors after recompiling the codes.

Haggadah
Here you are. A simple spelling error crept in to one of the externs.

:xm:
Gary,

Thank you.

Haggadah
simplex
Trader
Location: An insignificant village close to an insignificant former capital at the Rhine River.

Post by simplex »

nanningbob » 30 Aug 2016, 20:17 wrote:Super CSS codes are now available to all. Basically changed iMA to 7 from 21, ATR from 100 to 50, and changed the T/F statements for individual currencies. There is a lot to play with so good luck.
Hi Bob & everybody contributing to this CSS indicator,

First of all thanks a lot for making your code publicly available!

I had a closer look at your changes applied to the causal part of function getSlope(). You stated that you modified LWMA(21) to LWMA(7). For TMA slope calculation, a modified LWMA is used: obviously, the final FIR coefficient is modified in order to emphasize the latest close price of the series.

Considering the original maPeriod = 21 and the additional weighting applied {231; 20; 251}, a generalized formula for emphasizing the latest close will lead to the factor (2 * maPeriod - 1) / maPeriod. I must admit: this is kind of guesswork, trying to generalize the formula from just one known case, but I think that this was the original idea behind TMA.

When modifying to maPeriod = 7, you left the additional weighting untouched. Was this done purposefully? Applying above formula to maPeriod = 7, the resulting set of additional weighting coefficients would be {28; 6; 34}.

In practice, this modification will have minor impact, because the behaviour of TMA slope calculation is most of all ruled by standard LWMA. But from a methodical point of view, a generalization might make sense.

I'll attach a code snippet with a modified function getSlope() featuring the above mentioned generalized formula. If you consider it useful, feel free to use it.

simplex
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. (Albert Einstein)
It appears that the Weighted Moving Average was invented by a trader who did not have a firm grasp of filter theory in hopes of reducing lag. (John F. Ehlers)
thomasmore
Trader

Post by thomasmore »

Here are my first trades with this system. Initially, I did a dryrun on M30, with H1, H4 and D1 CSS's. I noticed that I could step down one TF (M15,M30,H1,H4) in order to have earlier entries, without more risk. I took a GBPCHF short with 55 pips profit, and a EURGBP buy with 24 pips profit. The most difficult thing for me to do, is staying in the trade(s) because the indicators tell me to do so, and not 'chicken out' early to grab some money. Great system, bravo to all !
EURGBP.png
GBPCHF.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TraderJoeForex
Trader

Post by TraderJoeForex »

Here's my take with a template using M15, H1 and H4 setup to watch on M5 or M15.

... I changed the arrow sizes to small (M15), medium (H1) and large (H4) and deactivated the CSS lines.

Trade each separately and independently or when all agree. :jump:
FXe3
Trader

Post by FXe3 »

TraderJoeForex » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:32 pm wrote:Here's my take with a template using M15, H1 and H4 setup to watch on M5 or M15.

... I changed the arrow sizes to small (M15), medium (H1) and large (H4) and deactivated the CSS lines.

Trade each separately and independently or when all agree. :jump:
So in your example it looks like you entered off the 1hr signal immediately on the 5min bar, problem is that 1hr signal doesn't confirm for a total of 12 bars once it starts showing. I guess my question are you entering immediately as soon as a signal forms rather than waiting for a confirmed signal? Although you may have entered on the break of the swing to the left.
celte83
Trader

Post by celte83 »

TraderJoeForex » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:32 pm wrote:Trade each separately and independently or when all agree.
Hi,

T'es le meilleur !
You are the best ;)
Thank you for the sharing

jf
TraderJoeForex
Trader

Post by TraderJoeForex »

FXe3 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:43 pm wrote:
So in your example it looks like you entered off the 1hr signal immediately on the 5min bar, problem is that 1hr signal doesn't confirm for a total of 12 bars once it starts showing. I guess my question are you entering immediately as soon as a signal forms rather than waiting for a confirmed signal? Although you may have entered on the break of the swing to the left.
I trade when an arrow appears only if the direction correlates a view I already have. EU had failed to break major resistance and then was making a lower high so i jumped straight in. It just so happened to be a great entry.

Just to add I would not say that one hour following a H1 cross or 15mins following a M15 cross means it's confirmed and anything less than this not .. obviously the longer time passes following a signal then the more indicative it is of a longer term move but catching the momentum in the moment can be just as important for a good entry. The question now is whether H4 will also cross red tonight but if M15 or H1 cross back blue before a red H4 arrow then I will get out and wait to try again.
fire580
Trader

Post by fire580 »

Thank you TraderJoeForex for the template, but when I opened it.... it didn't have the indicators on it :arrrg:

It is the Gary,BaludaSuperCSS.V2.0 - correct?

Thank you for your help.
TraderJoeForex
Trader

Post by TraderJoeForex »

celte83 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:47 pm wrote:
Hi,

T'es le meilleur !
You are the best ;)
Thank you for the sharing

jf
merci pour vos paroles aimables :smile: