BALUDA'S SUPER CSS-2.0. THE SIMPLEST TRADING SYSTEM EVER

The forum for stuff related to this method of trading. Baluda coded the indi. Bob devised the trading method.
nanningbob
Trader

Post by nanningbob »

Can anyone get this version of CSS to send alerts. The alerts work when I use it as CSS but it wont fire alerts if "weigh only" and "show only" are set to true which is how I am using this version. I attached a copy of the program.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I trade http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... =38&t=3964,
I talk about my philosophy of trading here.
http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... =38&t=3627
"The key to converting something useful to others is simplicity. Complexity is the enemy to execution." Tony Robbins
TraderJoeForex
Trader

Post by TraderJoeForex »

nanningbob » Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:38 am wrote:Can anyone get this version of CSS to send alerts. The alerts work when I use it as CSS but it wont fire alerts if "weigh only" and "show only" are set to true which is how I am using this version. I attached a copy of the program.
Sorry.. just realized what you were asking yesterday. I hadn't tested the alerts as only trade GBPJPY.. just hadn't deleted them!

Would a work around be to just list the one pair for each chart as the currency to include when weighing. Then you don't need "weigh only" and "show only" to be true. I just tried this and the pop up alerts on mine. Just need to edit the currency to include for each chart used then.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pakeha
Trader

Post by pakeha »

Bob

I have been having some fun experimenting with the indicator over the past couple of days. I have been using the indicator set to H4 and trading on on a 15min or 30 min chart. Need to do some serious forward testing now.

I noticed your chart on post #1 shows the indicator set to D1 on an H4 chart. In other words a multi-timeframe strategy. However, the text on post #1 doesn't explain that this is a key element of the system.

This is maybe a clarification (a rule) that you want to consider when you next update post #1, so new users don't miss it.

Many thanks.
Gertje
Trader

Post by Gertje »

pakeha » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:54 am wrote:Bob

I have been having some fun experimenting with the indicator over the past couple of days. I have been using the indicator set to H4 and trading on on a 15min or 30 min chart. Need to do some serious forward testing now.

I noticed your chart on post #1 shows the indicator set to D1 on an H4 chart. In other words a multi-timeframe strategy. However, the text on post #1 doesn't explain that this is a key element of the system.

This is maybe a clarification (a rule) that you want to consider when you next update post #1, so new users don't miss it.

Many thanks.
It isn't.
In the indi-settings, just below the timeframe options you can enter "timeframe" and "extra timeframe".
They are both 'D1' by default, this causes the indi to print 'D1' on the screen.

The values do change when switching timeframes.
pakeha
Trader

Post by pakeha »

Gertje » Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:26 am wrote:
pakeha » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:54 am wrote:Bob

Many thanks.
It isn't.
In the indi-settings, just below the timeframe options you can enter "timeframe" and "extra timeframe".
They are both 'D1' by default, this causes the indi to print 'D1' on the screen.

The values do change when switching timeframes.

OK, but what I am suggesting is that as per the chart on post #1 and the chart in your post from yesterday it is significantly easier to trade a cross when the chart timeframe is lower than then the indicator timeframe. (e.g. trade the D1 indicator signal on an H4 chart, or an H4 indicator signal on a 30 min chart). Look at your chart from yesterday and see the challenge of trying to trade the D1 chart using the D1 signal.

So, I would still suggest that this be clarified in post #1.

Cheers
nanningbob
Trader

Post by nanningbob »

Just ignore those numbers. They are for CSS reads not this.
"The key to converting something useful to others is simplicity. Complexity is the enemy to execution." Tony Robbins
nanningbob
Trader

Post by nanningbob »

We got the 2.0 lines working but not the cross. Hopefully, we will get that soon. If this works then a whole new indi for just this will be made so it doesn't gobble up a lot of computer memory.
nanningbob
Trader

Post by nanningbob »

Here is Baluda new version. I dont have time to test today so have at it and let me know.
pakeha
Trader

Post by pakeha »

nanningbob » Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:02 am wrote:Here is Baluda new version. I dont have time to test today so have at it and let me know.
Bob

Everything seems to be working OK. The alerts are now showing for both the zero line and 2.0 line cross. A couple of observations, nothing major.

I did notice that the message content in the alerts will need to be tidied up so the message is clear. For example the zero cross may say "USD did a cross up 0.00" but it doesn't indicate which USD pair that was for. Similarly, it may say "GBP did a cross up 2.0". On the other hand there are messages that say "USD did a cross up JPY", which is the correct for a zero cross.

I also noticed that the 2.0 line (red and green) breaks on the current candle (doesn't show). If I refresh the indicator with a right-click on the indicator and press ok it shows correctly, but will break again at the next candle. Not sure if this is just an issue with my install or not (it could be).

I will play around with it a bit more.

Hope this helps.
pakeha
Trader

Post by pakeha »

nanningbob » Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:02 am wrote:Here is Baluda new version. I dont have time to test today so have at it and let me know.

Bob

One other thing I have now noticed with the alerts.

I am getting alerts for pairs I don't have set up on my charts (e.g. CHF pairs). In my setup I have autosymbols set to false and only a single pair in the pair line (the line beneath auto symbols) on the input tab, none of which are a CHF pair. So it appears that the alerts may be showing for all pairs regardless of what setup you have for autosymbols or the pair line (line beneath autosymbols)

Cheers

Return to “BALUDA'S SUPER CSS-2.0. THE SIMPLEST TRADING SYSTEM EVER”