BALUDA'S SUPER CSS-2.0. THE SIMPLEST TRADING SYSTEM EVER

The forum for stuff related to this method of trading. Baluda coded the indi. Bob devised the trading method.
Barcode
Trader

Post by Barcode »

Over the last 5 days I have taken 31 trades with this system of which 24 (77%) were winners for a grand total of 510 pips. Best day was 187 pips and worst day was 40 pips.
Pakeha. What times do you trade? Going by your figures above, you took about 6 trades a day and in another message you mentioned you were watching 20 pairs. So I assume you can't be trading all sessions.
The 10 most powerful 2 letter words in the world.

If it is to be, it is up to me.
pakeha
Trader

Post by pakeha »

Barcode » Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:55 pm wrote:
Over the last 5 days I have taken 31 trades with this system of which 24 (77%) were winners for a grand total of 510 pips. Best day was 187 pips and worst day was 40 pips.
Pakeha. What times do you trade? Going by your figures above, you took about 6 trades a day and in another message you mentioned you were watching 20 pairs. So I assume you can't be trading all sessions.
I trade during the London and New York sessions, but not that entire period on any given day. So, most of the trades I took over the 5 days were triggered in the first 3 hours after the London open and they usually hit SL/TP or I closed them before the NY open (note: I am very leery of the period from the NY open to the NY Cut because of news and other market factors, like option expiries). So for my NY session trades that I took they were after 10 am EST. The few NY session trades that I took late in the NY session I held over into the Asian session, but they were closed before Frankfurt open.

As I indicated I did trade the Asian session (i.e. entered trades during the Asian session prior to Frankfurt open) on Friday Sept 16 and got chopped around a little bit more. If I was to trade the Asian session consistently I would limit the trades to AUD, NZD and JPY pairs, and focus on when there was news about those currencies or what impacts them (e.g. China news) where you can get some decent movement. The challenge with NZD in particular is that NZ news is often at the rollover for my broker at 5 EST, so the spreads get nutty for a while making it hard to trade at that time.

So to your question - no I wasn't trading 24 hours a day. As described, I picked my spots during the day based on session times when I know there is more consistent and worthwhile price movement (i.e. not dead or overly volatile). I use this approach when trading intraday (30 min charts usually), regardless of whether I use CSS.

Hope that helps.
Last edited by pakeha on Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Barcode
Trader

Post by Barcode »

Thanks Pakeha for a very comprehensive answer. Way more than I expected.
The 10 most powerful 2 letter words in the world.

If it is to be, it is up to me.
rollbahn
Trader

Post by rollbahn »

KeithM » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:20 pm wrote:
Stay - Haha I had a quick look. Hindsight is 20/20. What are your entry rules?

Cheers

Keith
:smile: Yes lucky turnaround indeed - that's where being patient and sticking with your plan works out for the best mostly.

I use D1 only and wait for a CSS cross that is completed on a full candle only each morning. I then check HGI, Halftrend, 34MA etc for some confluence of direction plus the weekly trend and finally some common sense by looking at the price action and any major R/S

The USD and NZD are giving me a bit of trouble today but I'll let them run and I think things will turn back around otherwise I'll kill those off in the morning.

Thanks to pakeha for some of his suggestions which have helped too. As I guess we all find out in the end you can't just trade an indi or EA - there's still some thinking that needs to involved and you only get there by forward trading a heck of a lot of charts.
Geko
Trader

Post by Geko »

Hi,

For CSS dashboard users, the dashboard can handle brokers with prefix and/or suffix but the CSS iCustom cannot at the moment. It would need further modifications which are not planned at the moment.

Maybe a lib modification would be better but it needs time.

Cheers,
Geko
Trader

Post by Geko »

Ok finally here a modified version of the Dashboard and the CSS indicator for iCustom call.

Dashboard tested on TradersWay which has a suffix “i” and working fine:
2016-09-22_1228.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gertje
Trader

Post by Gertje »

And another one......
:!!:
Closed at 12h30 local time, only 3 candles traded.
Max DD 307.4 pips [according to MPBM].....
Global Prime - Empty4 4.png
This is a very mechanical way of trading, just follow the colours of the previous candle.
Instead of a lesser profit [1.5%] due to the closing taking too long, there was more profit today.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TraderJoeForex
Trader

Post by TraderJoeForex »

Barcode » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:32 am wrote:TraderJoe would it be possible to get a copy of your template please? I would like to check why you are getting more CSS arrows on your GBPJPY chart than I am. I seem to have the same setup as you on H4 chart with CSS daily.
You have one CSS on your chart and I can see it is set to D1 so the arrows on your chart are showing D1 Crosses. I had an additional CSS indi on my chart for the arrows set to H4 (I have it minimized on my chart since I only need the arrows for current timeframe.. above the higher timeframe CSS at the bottom if you look closely)

The way I use both CSS is trading the crosses (arrows) on the current timeframe only in the direction of the lines for the higher timeframe.
Last edited by TraderJoeForex on Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
rangerlp
Trader

Post by rangerlp »

Geko » Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:29 am wrote:Ok finally here a modified version of the Dashboard and the CSS indicator for iCustom call.

Dashboard tested on TradersWay which has a suffix “i” and working fine:
Works great...Thanks!!!
Gertje
Trader

Post by Gertje »

TraderJoeForex » Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:33 am wrote:The way I use both CSS is trading the crosses (arrows) on the current timeframe only in the direction of the lines for the higher timeframe.
I see you lost the colours in the background on the CSS as well, do you know a solution?
I like to see the colours for the bars to enter from.

Return to “BALUDA'S SUPER CSS-2.0. THE SIMPLEST TRADING SYSTEM EVER”