Geko's SuperSlope Cross Dashboard

The forum for stuff related to this method of trading. Baluda coded the indi. Bob devised the trading method.
ScarletPipernel

Post by ScarletPipernel »

Thanks Holbrook! I believe it was actually an unchecked 'dll inputs' box that was causing the problem. This latest version must have that checked where the older ones weren't as picky.
Geko
Trader

Post by Geko »

Calculation ok here.
Barcode » Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:35 am wrote:I noticed that the Today Closed Cash column does not agree with the Empty4 report. The Today Closed Pips column is correct. Below shows the EA results and the results taken from the statement.
Bob
Geko
Trader

Post by Geko »

Great, that it is working fine.

Dll are used in this version & the previous one as well to open new charts on button click (in order to check if the pair's chart is already open).

ScarletPipernel » Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:31 am wrote:Thanks Holbrook! I believe it was actually an unchecked 'dll inputs' box that was causing the problem. This latest version must have that checked where the older ones weren't as picky.
ScarletPipernel

Tremendous work, Geko. I think this will be a game changer for sure. If it isn't already a highlight of SHF. :hi:

The only quirk I have noticed is that if I make any change to buy and sell settings the % profit closure amount reverts back to 2 and must be re-entered each time. It also reverts after closing out all trades.

I imagine the same thing happens with % loss closure. Is there a way to make these settings 'stick'?

update: Luckily I didn't get ban-hammered for this dumb question as it was already answered. simply adjust the default settings inside the EA - don't use the input fields.
Last edited by ScarletPipernel on Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ParFour
Trader

Post by ParFour »

Liking the new buy/sell buttons, they solve a lot of issues for me by setting them all to OFF!

I had a chance to work with this yesterday in a fairly manual/descretionary mode. I ran two instances; H4/D1/W1 and D1/W1/M1. The market was kind with some clear strengths and weaknesses.

My basic strategy was to identify where the movement was, wait for a signal and then enter (switch buy or sell ON) when I could see that the css diff was moving in the right direction on the short TF. I don't buy when its -ve nor sell when its +ve.
I only took about 3 or 4 trades per system and I reckon this is as many as I would want to have open anyway.

Initial TP was 2% and SL was -1% for the basket. I moved SL to +1% when I was approching the TP, and moved TP up to 3%. I did this because I could but more than happy to keep taking 2% if I can get it!

I had some modest success averaging 2% per system, though over one day, it clearly isn't worth getting too exicted about just yet.

This manual approach allows me to override an unfavourable css diff and limit the exposure per currency and overall.

I'll continue with this next week and see if I can build up some positive results.
fire580
Trader

Post by fire580 »

ParFour - that is exactly how I have been using the new B/S buttons as well. :smile:
ScarletPipernel

I suspect that there is probably a normal distribution of profitability per basket over time. I'd like to test that next week.

What I think happens is that CSS identifies some likely candidates. The chances of success might be improved by watching the charts first for a while (hence having all buy and sell buttons off by default might be useful) but I'm not entirely convinced that chart-watching is needed or helpful yet.

The markets move, with some currencies matching CSS momentum and some not. The edge is with CSS though, since the slope (combined with strong/weak matching) largely determines future movement. Gradually the currencies overcome the spread difference and on average, reach profitability.

After a period of time, the system reaches its peak profitability after which the market chaos once again determines the path of resistance and the original CSS signals (and the orders they're based upon) become outdated. Any currencies that are still in profit are so by chance, and the profitability of the system will return to a baseline. That should be 0 minus trading costs.

The point of peak profitability (PP) could be almost any percentage depending on the market action. For me on Friday it was around 4%, and I didn't reach my closure goal (which was 5% as suggested by Leon). The value of the basket continued to descend after that point until I closed everything manually.

What I'd like to determine is the average time needed to reach PP and to know that time for all timeframes, and all baskets, including the averages for all three economic regions. Once you know that you could set a time-based goal, rather than a percentage goal. You'd close all trades, as long as they're in profit as a group, at a specific time, knowing that, on average, the likelihood is that the system has become as profitable as it's going to get. Since the basket is self-hedging to an extent, only a very wide safety stop is needed and a take-profit level is probably unnecessary, although you could set a very ambitious one past 3 standard deviations for any single currency.

For this strategy to work you'd have to do a lot of testing to determine PP ranges, and keep tracking it over time as market conditions change. It might also be worth testing some of the assumptions that are built-in to the dashboard. For example, the specific session currencies, although these are common wisdom.

update: Looking forward to an exciting week. I have set up 4 accounts, and plan to test 4 different timeframes, based on Leon and Par4's suggestions. As well as seeing how the cross threshholds and delta settings affect performance. I might also set up a fifth and try manually trading a la Jemook but I do like it when all I have to do is monitor overall profit. Later on, I'll try seeing how lookup bars affect things. I guess too many bars means the trend is too mature and likely to decay. Too few and it isn't really a trend. Especially pertinent on lower timeframes?
ScarletPipernel

When I cut back to one lookback bar it seems that the EA places fewer trades. This is the opposite of what I expected since it should make the filter criteria less stringent, shouldn't it?

Also we definitely need a way to turn auto-trading back on after a basket has closed. Even if it's an external script. I can make a script that clicks a button at a certain time but I don't know how to check if trading is currently off.
Last edited by ScarletPipernel on Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Holbroom
Trader

Post by Holbroom »

This is an excellent system, my live account has been profitable for the past 2 weeks.
0.01 lots but profit is profit.
Thank you to Geko for putting this together.
spees

Post by spees »

First of all a big thank you for this EA, Geko!

Been running monthly set on my small live account and it's doing well so far. Also testing several things on a demo account to tweak the set to my likings.

I was wondering if a trailing/jumping stop could be added instead of a fixed tp percentage.

Similar to what MPBM/MPTM offer. Activate the TS/JS after a certain percentage of profit has been reached. Sure, the TM's could be used instead, but this will conflict with what this EA is doing. It reaches profit, the TM closes the trades, but since trading is still set to ON it automatically opens new trades which instantly get closed by the TM. This is obviously not something you want...

Return to “BALUDA'S SUPER CSS-2.0. THE SIMPLEST TRADING SYSTEM EVER”