Steve's manual trading blog

The forum for stuff related to this method of trading. Baluda coded the indi. Bob devised the trading method.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

I have been trading profitably for a while. Not massively so, but the live account balance is growing. The latest batch of EA's from Dottybot onwards are proving consistently profitable.

Last week I traded profitably and manually for the first time using the simplest trading plan imaginable. It is early days, so I cannot yet be sure this profitability will continue.

I am starting this blog as an encouragement to those of you who have not done well in the Forex market - at least until you found SHF. I shall add week-by-week results to post 2. Readers will be able to watch my profits grow if I continue to succeed. I shall trade tiny lots relative to the account size and so will be able to withstand a few weeks of loss if I am wrong. I shall close the blog if my trading plan turns out to be rubbish - or post the trades I would have taken and we can all make a killing by trading in the opposite direction. :lol:

You need these if you want to try my plan for yourselves:
  • The stripped-down version of Baluda's SUPER CSS-2.0 from http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... 88#p146488 Read what it tells you in post 1 of Bob's thread, if you have been living on Mars these last weeks and not already done so.
  • The attachments here - the template will set up the indicators for you.
Here is the trading plan:
  • Daily charts. Check them around 10 minutes or so into the start of a new D1 candle - Global Prime as the broker if possible.
  • Buy trade setup: Monthly and Weekly CSS bars must be green.
  • Buy trade trigger: Daily CSS must close red two bars ago and green on the previous candle.
    • Use the script that sends an immediate market buy trade, then a grid of 10 buy stops.
    • Position exit:
      • Profitable position: when the Daily CSS bar closes red. Start the whole process again should this merely be a retrace and the market resumes its ride upwards.
      • Losing position: wait until the Weekly CSS bar turns red. This gives the market time to recover; the risk is losing more than if I had closed immediately the Daily turned.
      • Exceptional closures:
        • There is a lot of profit lying around and I think to myself, "I am having that little lot".
        • There is a major news event coming up and I am heavily exposed to a pair it might effect.
  • Sell trade setup: Monthly and Weekly CSS bars must be red.
  • Sell trade trigger: Daily CSS must close green two bars ago and red on the previous candle.
    • Use the script that sends an immediate market sell trade, then a grid of 10 sell stops.
    • Position exit:
      • Profitable position: when the Daily CSS bar closes green. Start the whole process again should this merely be a retrace and the market resumes its ride downwards.
      • Losing position: wait until the Weekly CSS bar turns green. This gives the market time to recover; the risk is losing more than if I had closed immediately the Daily turned.
      • Exceptional closures:
        • There is a lot of profit lying around and I think to myself, "I am having that little lot".
        • There is a major news event coming up and I am heavily exposed to a pair it might effect.
Off to post 2 now.

:xm:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

Week 1, ending 7th October 2016
Week ending 7th October 2016.png
A lot of red in there, but I closed everything down on Thursday night. I cannot whinge about 2,933 pips even if they were nearly all generated by GU. My plan got me into the pair as it started to plunge. There was a decent profit on the table and NFP was coming up the next day. I was out well before the 'flash crash' and very glad too - I bet it caused chaos and froze just about every Empty4 platform in the universe.

Accrued profit so far: $191

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Week ending 14th October 2016
CSS.png
Modest profit. There are positions open at +340 pips and +$28.

Accrued profit so far: $273 in two weeks.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Week ending 21st October 2016

Modest profit again:
Some profit.png
Open position:
Open position.png
This position was over +2000 pips at one point last week but CSS has given me no reason to close any of the trades. We shall see what happens this week.

Accrued profit so far: $352 in three weeks.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Week ending 28th October 2016

Imperceptible profit this week:
Closed.png
Horrible looking open position:
Open.png
The indi is still giving men no reason to close the positions, apart from a strange-looking NU sell amongst a sea of green - I shall hedge that when the markets open.

Accrued profit so far: $362 in four weeks.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

SteveHopwood
Owner

Post by SteveHopwood »

reserved

SteveHopwood
Owner

Post by SteveHopwood »

I have updated post 2.

patmontes
Trader

Post by patmontes »

Nice one Steve! Will give it a try!
patmontes
Trader

Post by patmontes »

Hi Steve!
Excited to wait out for this D1 CSS to turn green... :good:
SteveHopwood
Owner

Post by SteveHopwood »

patmontes » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:38 am wrote:Hi Steve!
Excited to wait out for this D1 CSS to turn green... :good:
Your pic looks just like mine. Maybe tomorrow.......................

We shall see.

patmontes
Trader

Post by patmontes »

Entry made! :good:
It seems this morning though, that yesterday within the day the D1 CSS candle turned green. So it appears 2 Green Candles consecutively today during daily open.

some more pairs I'm watching next few days: GCAD, GA and GN (might turn green within today), GY 4 days already Green Candle
SteveHopwood
Owner

Post by SteveHopwood »

I have updated post 2.

nanningbob
Trader

Post by nanningbob »

Good luck Steve and wish you the best. It's fun to do this but also time consuming. It's also very rewarding.
I trade http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... =38&t=3964,
I talk about my philosophy of trading here.
http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... =38&t=3627
"The key to converting something useful to others is simplicity. Complexity is the enemy to execution." Tony Robbins

Return to “BALUDA'S SUPER CSS-2.0. THE SIMPLEST TRADING SYSTEM EVER”