SuperSlope Flying Buddha

The forum for stuff related to this method of trading. Baluda coded the indi. Bob devised the trading method.
TraderJoeForex
Trader

SuperSlope Flying Buddha

Post by TraderJoeForex »

TraderJoeForex » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:34 pm wrote:Just taken this EU short on D1. If it retraces higher I will add another position.
Took profit on this today due to pin bar forming on H4 and USD news tomorrow..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TraderJoeForex
Trader

SuperSlope Flying Buddha

Post by TraderJoeForex »

Just checking in ..one month trading this method on a small live account. Most trades placed manually, a few with HGBnDnSSnFB and a few with Awesome while testing on selected pairs. I would say that I am now as happy as I am going to be with the trading rules outlined in post 1 and have made a fairly radical change to my template during this process which says goodbye to candlesticks. Yes I know!

Try this new template on a chart...

Stop trading for the day. Pour yourself a glass of wine or whisky or whatever.. you deserve it.

Now allow the relative simplicity to sink in. I realized that using a Flying Buddha as an entry signal and PeakHiLoFibs as TP I really don't need the candle information anymore. In fact it gives me a headache. I looked at line chart for a bit and then I thought why not ZigZag which smoothes price action even more. So the only new indicator here is ZZ and I prefer this one to Empty4 standard.

Enjoy ....Using these templates I have seen things with price action that I never saw before.

Edit 16/8 All 3 templates now below with the same screenshot of each for easier comparison:
ZZ orig and line chart with Fibs
ZZ nrp instead of line chart with FIbs
Line chart without Fibs.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lbs48
Trader

SuperSlope Flying Buddha

Post by lbs48 »

Hi TJF.

Many thanks for all what your sharing.
Can you more explain about using Peak HiLo Fibs indi please?
You just follow colours - when fibo lines is green, you trade only long?
I thought, that fibo retracement is used for identification retrace area for trend reversal.
But it can be just my mistake.

Thank a lot in advance.
Lubos
TraderJoeForex
Trader

SuperSlope Flying Buddha

Post by TraderJoeForex »

Can you more explain about using Peak HiLo Fibs indi please?
You just follow colours - when fibo lines is green, you trade only long?
yes sure.. so the idea is range trading away from the peaks as you say green for long, red for short.
I thought, that fibo retracement is used for identification retrace area for trend reversal.
But it can be just my mistake.
No mistake, that is what we are doing, trading a reversal from the peaks.

The PeakHiLo Fibs provide a quick visual confirmation of where price is likely to be headed and where the next level will be. Of course you can just map this out from previous consolidation around D1W1MN1 highs and lows yourself too and I find the line chart best for this.
kpmoney1
Trader

SuperSlope Flying Buddha

Post by kpmoney1 »

Hi trader Joe, thanks for your template and hard work in putting together the different components,i was looking at the peak high low fibs, i noticed that if you get a reset on a lower time frame and it confluences with a higher time frame, fib level you get a reversal.Does it relates to how the peak high ,peak low works?
TraderJoeForex
Trader

SuperSlope Flying Buddha

Post by TraderJoeForex »

kpmoney1 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:13 am wrote:Hi trader Joe, thanks for your template and hard work in putting together the different components,i was looking at the peak high low fibs, i noticed that if you get a reset on a lower time frame and it confluences with a higher time frame, fib level you get a reversal.Does it relates to how the peak high ,peak low works?
The PeakHiLo highlights the peak high and low on the chart according to the timeframe and no of bars you select and here the classic Fibs are drawn between them. The lines change colour to suggest the overall direction you should be looking to trade depending on whether the peak high or low is most recent.

For more info check out Steve's post here introducing his original PeakHiLo indicator: http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... 95#p142851

and Radar's thread here for this edition with the FIbs:
http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... 58#p154058
lbs48
Trader

SuperSlope Flying Buddha

Post by lbs48 »

Hi TJF and others.

Firstly sorry for my offtopic post.
Know anybody, what indi (Peak HiLo mtf) on chart?

Many thanks in advance.
Lbs

EDIT: I have this indicator, but I had wrong set DisplaX and therefore I have not seen labels.
I set lowe value for DisplayX and now is labels showing.
TraderJoeForex
Trader

SuperSlope Flying Buddha

Post by TraderJoeForex »

lbs48 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:50 am wrote:
EDIT: I have this indicator, but I had wrong set DisplaX and therefore I have not seen labels.
I set lowe value for DisplayX and now is labels showing.
Glad you sorted it!
lbs48
Trader

SuperSlope Flying Buddha

Post by lbs48 »

TraderJoeForex » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:20 pm wrote:Just checking in ..one month trading this method on a small live account. Most trades placed manually, a few with HGBnDnSSnFB and a few with Awesome while testing on selected pairs. I would say that I am now as happy as I am going to be with the trading rules outlined in post 1 and have made a fairly radical change to my template during this process which says goodbye to candlesticks. Yes I know!

Try this new template on a chart...

Stop trading for the day. Pour yourself a glass of wine or whisky or whatever.. you deserve it.

Now allow the relative simplicity to sink in. I realized that using a Flying Buddha as an entry signal and PeakHiLoFibs as TP I really don't need the candle information anymore. In fact it gives me a headache. I looked at line chart for a bit and then I thought why not ZigZag which smoothes price action even more. So the only new indicator here is ZZ and I prefer this one to Empty4 standard.

Enjoy ....Using these templates I have seen things with price action that I never saw before.

Edit 16/8 All 3 templates now below with the same screenshot of each for easier comparison:
ZZ orig and line chart with Fibs
ZZ nrp instead of line chart with FIbs
Line chart without Fibs.
Hello TJF.

I noticed, that in your TJFx.tpl have PeakHiLoFIBS set 365 on current TF, and in ZZ nrp.tpl have PeakHiLoFIBS set 365 on Daily TF. This two settings have opposite results. What is more correct?

You trading this method still and with succes?

Many thanks in advance.

Lubos
TraderJoeForex
Trader

SuperSlope Flying Buddha

Post by TraderJoeForex »

lbs48 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:58 am wrote:
Hello TJF.

I noticed, that in your TJFx.tpl have PeakHiLoFIBS set 365 on current TF, and in ZZ nrp.tpl have PeakHiLoFIBS set 365 on Daily TF. This two settings have opposite results. What is more correct?

You trading this method still and with succes?

Many thanks in advance.

Lubos
Sorry, template error and should be fixed to 365 on D1. Yes am still trading this way and the only further development I am looking at is using a longer Superslope like 13period on W1. Will report back once I have done the next month live like this.

Return to “BALUDA'S SUPER CSS-2.0. THE SIMPLEST TRADING SYSTEM EVER”