9X9 Super CSS Indicator

The forum for stuff related to this method of trading. Baluda coded the indi. Bob devised the trading method.
dap711
Trader

9X9 Super CSS Indicator

Post by dap711 »

9ofX v4.2 EA was able to pickup on the big AUD move last night, but didn't do so good the rest of the day.

I'm raising the SignalOpenStrength to 300 to see if it will filter out some of the losers.

Todays results:
XAUUSDiH4.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
falanca
Trader

9X9 Super CSS Indicator

Post by falanca »

First of all thanks for your efforts about this EA.Signals generally are accurate as to me.İ wanted to make an advice about it.İf the orders are not closed(may be half closed) and new orders lots according to new signals will be incremental, closing orders will be due to avarangings.Respects
BobbyT
Trader

9X9 Super CSS Indicator

Post by BobbyT »

Hi Dwain,

I'm loving these indicators...so much so I've opened up a terminal for the first time in months! 9ofX v2 especially. I have been using it for entries based on momentum and divergence. CSS really is an amazing piece of code and is seriously under appreciated! Thanks Bob!!!

What is the rationale behind changing the CSS MA period in v3.3? Is this in error or is there something I missed in the thread?

Also, looking at the code, it seems that v3.3 is and EMA of v2.0. Is that correct? If not, could you please explain what the deal is with v3.3

Cheers buddy. Keep up the good work!

BobbyT
Procrastination provides exponentially negative returns - BobbyT
dap711
Trader

9X9 Super CSS Indicator

Post by dap711 »

BobbyT » Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:33 pm wrote:Hi Dwain,

I'm loving these indicators...so much so I've opened up a terminal for the first time in months! 9ofX v2 especially. I have been using it for entries based on momentum and divergence. CSS really is an amazing piece of code and is seriously under appreciated! Thanks Bob!!!

What is the rationale behind changing the CSS MA period in v3.3? Is this in error or is there something I missed in the thread?

Also, looking at the code, it seems that v3.3 is and EMA of v2.0. Is that correct? If not, could you please explain what the deal is with v3.3

Cheers buddy. Keep up the good work!

BobbyT

Hey BobbyT,

v2 you can mix different timeframes for a total strength. v3 allows only one timeframe in the total.

The different settings are nothing more than me playing with them. Do you have some settings you want to share?

Thanks,
Dwain

BTW, I'm not the author of CSS (all the credit goes out to Baluda, nanningbob, and Gary), I just like it more than any other indicator out there and found a twist to it (the latest being from thomasmore).
BobbyT
Trader

9X9 Super CSS Indicator

Post by BobbyT »

Thank Dwain!

I see the difference now. The CSS code has always confused me. Even more so now with your own additions :?

Just using OOTB settings for the CSS calcs. Though I'm still playing with the BigPicture and SlopeOfSlope settings to see if they can yield something for me.

In terms of how I'm using this though....I look for a recent cross on the older CSS indi (H1), head to that chart on M5 and wait for 9ofX_v2 to show some convergence/divergence, sprinkle in some VSA, naked trading principles and use 9x9 as a timing confirmation then get in for around 10-15pips then bail again.

Or if all looks good then ride it out a bit more until I get a signal from v2 + VSA + PA to exit

The strategy appears to be decent as a backtest (though 9x9 is ignored here) and I'm about a few days into a forward test. If it needs a label its essentially a short term trend continuation strategy :xm:

Cheers,
BobbyT

EDIT: yup, thus the cheers to Bob :) I was lurking in this forum when CSS was born. It was a marvelous piece of work by all those involved....Baluda for the original concept of using the TMA in this way and of course coding it, Bob for his initial studies with CSS (without them development would have likely gone nowhere as there was little interest), and Gary and Tommaso for refactoring the code and injecting some community feedback based changes :youknow:
All that said.....you recent developments have been, at least for me, just as exciting!
Procrastination provides exponentially negative returns - BobbyT
dap711
Trader

9X9 Super CSS Indicator

Post by dap711 »

Well, it seems pretty quiet here! Here is a bump. I've been forward testing and testing the forward and forward testing again for a few weeks now and have something that isn't losing money, but I'm not going to retire on it either. :roll: I'm running on 28 pairs.

EA
9ofX v4.4 EA.ex4
Indicator
9ofX v4.4.ex4
9ofX v4.4.mq4

God bless!
Dwain

EDIT: I'm going to forward test H4 next week.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mastercool
Trader

9X9 Super CSS Indicator

Post by mastercool »

dap711 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:33 pm wrote:Well, it seems pretty quiet here! Here is a bump. I've been forward testing and testing the forward and forward testing again for a few weeks now and have something that isn't losing money, but I'm not going to retire on it either. :roll: I'm running on 28 pairs.

EA

Indicator

God bless!
Dwain

Thank you for sharing.
I am currently testing various combinations with this indicator and Peaky .
I will post as soon as i see a stable setup.
taipan
Trader

9X9 Super CSS Indicator

Post by taipan »

dap711 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:33 am wrote:Well, it seems pretty quiet here! Here is a bump. I've been forward testing and testing the forward and forward testing again for a few weeks now and have something that isn't losing money, but I'm not going to retire on it either. :roll: I'm running on 28 pairs.

EA

Indicator

God bless!
Dwain

Thanks for sharing.

God bless!.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

9X9 Super CSS Indicator

Post by SteveHopwood »

dap711 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:33 pm wrote:Well, it seems pretty quiet here!
You might consider your own chaotic approach to this thread. There is stuff scattered here there and everywhere. It even confuses me and I am the forum owner with the power to sort it out for you.

I consider 9x9 to be a missing link. You appear to be firing off at random and then wondering why you are not gaining postings. PM me of if you want to help our SHF membership get behind you.

:xm: :rocket:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
wallywonka
Trader

9X9 Super CSS Indicator

Post by wallywonka »

dap711 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:33 pm wrote:Well, it seems pretty quiet here! Here is a bump. I've been forward testing and testing the forward and forward testing again for a few weeks now and have something that isn't losing money, but I'm not going to retire on it either. :roll: I'm running on 28 pairs.
Hey bud,

I've been testing the Indicator with TDesk for a while now, also decided to give your EA a run with the indicator this week but without much success, initially had some on the 1Day timeframe but it was short lived I'm afraid... will continue to test with TDesk however.

Return to “BALUDA'S SUPER CSS-2.0. THE SIMPLEST TRADING SYSTEM EVER”