9X9 Super CSS Indicator

The forum for stuff related to this method of trading. Baluda coded the indi. Bob devised the trading method.
dap711
Trader

9X9 Super CSS Indicator

Post by dap711 »

Hi All,

First I want thank Milanese for pointing out to me that I should start a new topic. So here it is, the 9X9 Super CSS indicator topic. Nothing fancy or new .. all the credit goes out to nanningbob, Baluda, and Gary. This is just a different view of Baluda's Super CSS 2.2 indicator.

So how do you use this indi? The same way as the original, the only difference is that you will see the "Big Picture" instead of a single timeframe. This way of looking at Super CSS is new to me and hopefully we can learn how to use it together. I have discovered some very interesting things about looking at the big picture .. you can almost KNOW what direction the market will be going! (excluding news events of course). Tell me more you say! Okay, lets talk about how I use 9x9. You will notice 5 numbers on top of the grid. The first 3 numbers indicate lower (M1,M5,M15), middle (M30,H1,H4), and higher (D1,WK,MN1) strengths respectively. The fourth number is the sub-total of the previous 3 numbers and the fifth is the total of all the previous numbers with M1 strength added to the total. Confusing I know .. but just know that by looking at these numbers you will know exactly what the market is doing. You can even say .. all green .. trade long .. all red .. trade short. I think that the most important number is the last one (total strength) as when I see it move above 200 or below -200, we are having a strong move. I'll show you screenshots of how I traded USDCAD this morning and made over $30K in a few hours. (fake money) :smile: I still have the position open and it's up to $40K. I intend to keep this position open as it conforms to Captain Jacks "M" on the MN1 chart. If you don't understand what I'm talking about. Stop reading this and go directly to Captain Jacks Naked Trading topic here: http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... =59&t=1572

Okay, on to the screenshots .. here is when I opened the position:
9x9CSS-TradeExample.jpg
By comparing the first column strengths to the second column, you will begin to see how this trade is going to unfold. Look for strengths above 2.0 or below -2.0. These are the strengths that will move the market.
9x9CSS-TradeExample2.jpg

And finally, I changed the setting Slope Threshold to 2.0 and look what it did to the grid. If you aren't trading short .. you can say goodbye to your money. This is where I would have normally closed the trade as I don't like to be greedy. (I'm letting it run because I want to study the indicator). DFC traders .. look at the "M" that just formed on this MN1 chart
9x9CSS-TradeExample3.jpg
I hope you find 9x9 useful, as I owe so much to this forum, I want to pay it back ..

Good luck and God bless!
Dwain

9x9 Indicator Version 1.4 (9/2/2017)
Version 1.3 Added font size settings.
Version 1.5 Added Use Chart TF for the grid.
9X9v1.4.mq4
9X9v1.4.ex4
jmathenry81 has extended Steve's TD version with a couple of extra inputs.
Details here http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... 10#p166010
9X9v1.4 TD.mq4
9X9v1.4 TD.ex4

These TDesk versions work with or without TDesk!

This is the line graph version of the indicator.
9ofX V3.3 TD.mq4
9ofX V3.3 TD.ex4
This is the histogram version of the indicator.
9ofX V4.0 TD.mq4
9ofX V4.0 TD.ex4

Expert advisor for the 9ofX indicator. Updated 2/20/2019
9ofX V4.2 EA.ex4
My set file for the EA.
9ofX EA.set

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Achieved older versions:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by dap711 on Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:28 am, edited 57 times in total.
milanese
TechAdmin

9X9 Super CSS Indicator

Post by milanese »

I am posting here to get some users attention to this interesting modification..
Thanks Dwain!

Cheers :)

Tommaso
Global Prime is the official SHF broker :yahoo:
Searching for Servers and Workstations with individual configuration?
Just PM
:smile: Click here to go to the BoardKnowledgeBase
NOTE: Cookies and JavaScript are required for the using the board, with full functionality
dap711
Trader

9X9 Super CSS Indicator

Post by dap711 »

9x9CSS-TradeExample4.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
milosz
Trader

9X9 Super CSS Indicator

Post by milosz »

Nice profit dap711! ;-)

Will give it a try next week since I'm experimenting now with currency "strength" indicators.

I guess a multi-currency version of this indicator would require a lot of CPU?

Best regards & have a nice weekend!
Milosz
dap711
Trader

9X9 Super CSS Indicator

Post by dap711 »

Hi Milosz!

:smile: Yes, maybe I shouldn't have taken such a large lot size .. but wanted to make a point of my confidence in the trade.

Are you ready for this .. hold on to your hat .. I have 30 pairs open with the indi on all of them, and Empty4 is using 0.2% CPU at 738MB memory.
CPU Usage.jpg
EDIT - Umm .. the market is closed .. oops. I'll look at the CPU usage next week. :lol:

I didn't want to re-invent the wheel of creating a multi-pair dashboard .. it has already been done .. this indi was developed for a single pair which fits my style of trading. I'm with Captain Jack in that you don't have to trade all of the pairs and you don't have to trade over a long period of time. I believe one should get in and get out with a large position. But everyone has there own style of trading. Hope you can find your own secrets in the indi .. I'm finding new ones all of the time.

Hope you have a great weekend as well!

Dwain

milosz » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:00 pm wrote:Nice profit dap711! ;-)

Will give it a try next week since I'm experimenting now with currency "strength" indicators.

I guess a multi-currency version of this indicator would require a lot of CPU?

Best regards & have a nice weekend!
Milosz
TraderJoeForex
Trader

9X9 Super CSS Indicator

Post by TraderJoeForex »

dap711 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:20 pm wrote: I still have the position open and it's up to $40K. I intend to keep this position open as it conforms to Captain Jacks "M" on the MN1 chart. If you don't understand what I'm talking about. Stop reading this and go directly to Captain Jacks Naked Trading topic here: http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... =59&t=1572
... Nice idea with your mods to this indicator

I might well be wrong but I am looking at USDCAD as ripe for a decent retrace before it goes much further?

On D1 I count 3 levels down and now SH and on MN1 price is testing 50% Fib which should deliver some serious support into next week.

What will be interesting to see is whether your mods can show a quicker or more accurate reaction to a change in overall direction compared with say D1 SS on it's own?

Thanks for sharing :good:
Fmfx
Trader

9X9 Super CSS Indicator

Post by Fmfx »

Thanks for sharing Dwain, its looks great :good:

Have you considered adding sound/email alert when total reaches +200 and -200 ? i think it will help alot.

best regards
fm
N☺̴̩̩̥̩̩̩ Ri$k. N☺̴̩̩̥̩̩̩ я̩̥̊Ƹwªrd
dap711
Trader

9X9 Super CSS Indicator

Post by dap711 »

Hey TraderJoe ..

I agree with you on the retrace on the D1. If going by CJ's rules, shouldn't MN1 go into accumulation followed by a SH, then go south? I guessing the accumulation on MN1 would look like a retrace on D1.

Please do test the indi .. I'm still trying to learn all of it's secrets. I'm starting to lean more and more towards the first 2 column strengths to tell me the story of the pairs direction. I really like to see the strengths increasing for a long or decreasing for a short with the strengths just moving above the 2.0 or below -2.0 levels. These are the perfect setups for a big move. I'm now wondering if 9 columns are really needed.

If you can picture a 3 dimensional bubble with pressure being applied and released from the top and the bottom you will understand how I use the indi. The top being the lower TF's and the bottom being the higher TF's. I see the middle of the bubble at the mercy of the top and lower pressures.

Take another look at the trade I took on H1. Price was on a major support but the indi said it was going to break it! Priceless... I just haven't figured out how much pressure the lower TF has to apply to overcome the higher TF pressure. This would indicate an exit on a trade.

Thanks for taking a look at the indi!

Dwain
TraderJoeForex » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:19 pm wrote:
dap711 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:20 pm wrote: I still have the position open and it's up to $40K. I intend to keep this position open as it conforms to Captain Jacks "M" on the MN1 chart. If you don't understand what I'm talking about. Stop reading this and go directly to Captain Jacks Naked Trading topic here: http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... =59&t=1572
... Nice idea with your mods to this indicator

I might well be wrong but I am looking at USDCAD as ripe for a decent retrace before it goes much further?

On D1 I count 3 levels down and now SH and on MN1 price is testing 50% Fib which should deliver some serious support into next week.

What will be interesting to see is whether your mods can show a quicker or more accurate reaction to a change in overall direction compared with say D1 SS on it's own?

Thanks for sharing :good:
Last edited by dap711 on Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
dap711
Trader

9X9 Super CSS Indicator

Post by dap711 »

Hi fm,

Yes, I have considered it, and will, if 9x9 can prove itself. I will even add buffers so it can be used in an EA. But is it really worth the time yet? The levels I gave are only starting points for observation. I started the thread to share and to see if anyone else finds it useful. I'm sure we will have a few iterations of it before it becomes a real trading tool.

Thanks for looking!

Dwain

Fmfx » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:38 am wrote:Thanks for sharing Dwain, its looks great :good:

Have you considered adding sound/email alert when total reaches +200 and -200 ? i think it will help alot.

best regards
fm
TraderJoeForex
Trader

9X9 Super CSS Indicator

Post by TraderJoeForex »

dap711 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:52 pm wrote:Hey TraderJoe ..

I agree with you on the retrace on the D1. If going by CJ's rules, shouldn't MN1 go into accumulation followed by a SH, then go south? I guessing the accumulation on MN1 would look like a retrace on D1.
Yes :smile:

Return to “BALUDA'S SUPER CSS-2.0. THE SIMPLEST TRADING SYSTEM EVER”