Peaky

The place for Peaky and Peaky-related stuff.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Peaky

Post by SteveHopwood »

SERIOUS WARNING
  • Most Forex traders lose all their money.
  • Using the robot posted here in trading Forex does not guarantee success.
  • Trading this robot could lead to serious financial loss.
  • Trading this robot without understanding its underlying trading strategies guarantees traders will lose their money.
  • This is not a set-and-forget ea; there is no such thing and anyone who tries to claim there is, is either stupid or lying. This ea requires frequent manual intervention.
  • At best, a trading robot is only 90% as good as the manual strategy it trades. At best. At worst, it can be much less effective. If the strategy is rubbish, so is the robot.
  • To trade this robot, you have to understand:
    • How to use EA's.
    • The buy low sell high principle taught to me by ncoyte and DFC, or learned from CJ's thread.
    • The concept of 'basket' trading.
    • Nanningbob's Recovery trading.
MAKE SURE YOU READ THIS POST http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... 41#p111241 There was a Forex bloodbath on Jan 15th 2015 that you need to know about.

Peaky is an automation of how I have been trading manually since January, gradually refining the process. The Peaky User Guide tells all. Enjoy.

Trading refinements in light of deepening experience
  • I have abandoned all xxxCHF apart from USDCHF. They cause me nothing but grief. I prevail in the end, but the pain is not worth it.
  • I only trade when the swap is positive. You will learn why if you insist on trading in the direction of negative swap.
----
Note to US citizens: Gary is working on a version especially for you. He is attempting to deal with the ludicrous FIFO rules. Download it from http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... f=5&t=5203
----
Note to noobs: before asking about basket trading and Recovery, break the habit of a lifetime and read "To trade this robot, you have to understand:" at the top of this post. I will eviscerate you if ask about them here.
----
Note to everyone else: cozybooks has posted an indi will allow you to see where the sixths hilo were back in time. Find it at http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... 29#p154129

Zool has improved the indi. Find it at http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... 50#p154350
----

Have fun.

:xm:

Matters of general interest
Go here to download and run the script that will fill your platform's missing chart history: http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... f=15&t=254
Read this post:
http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... p?f=6&t=78 Newbie traders, read this for inspiration and warning. Those of you who have suffered losses, read it for inspiration.

Masterly summary of hedging: http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread. ... ost4977179

EA coding
I receive may requests to code EA's. Traders, if I code your EA for free, then I will share it here. If you want me to code your EA without sharing, then my fee is $100 payable into my paypal account. I explain why at http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... ?f=15&t=79, at the bottom of the post.

Useful utilities/EA's/scripts -

-
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
milanese
TechAdmin

Peaky

Post by milanese »

:clap: :clap: This new toy looks really very interesting, great coding, like always!

Cheers :)

Tommaso
Global Prime is the official SHF broker :yahoo:
Searching for Servers and Workstations with individual configuration?
Just PM
:smile: Click here to go to the BoardKnowledgeBase
NOTE: Cookies and JavaScript are required for the using the board, with full functionality
Wavegarrick
Trader

Peaky

Post by Wavegarrick »

Thanks Steve,

This is a must have in my testing list, even if I have to push some of my other tests aside for now 8-)Started testing yesterday.

Cheers
Leon
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Peaky

Post by SteveHopwood »

Wavegarrick » Tue May 16, 2017 3:59 am wrote:Thanks Steve,

This is a must have in my testing list, even if I have to push some of my other tests aside for now 8-)Started testing yesterday.

Cheers
Leon
I agree. This is a must-try. I have it running as I describe in post 1 and on a second 'scalping' demo - M15. I only just started the M15.

The bot has performed flawlessly so far. I ran a visual craptest on Sunday to check the code; I am confident the code is robust. The H1 test has a bunch of stop orders in place. Two of them have filled and are in the green - this never happens when I trade manually. :lol:

I will add a take profit and distance-to-tp display later, for those of us using the automated tp thingy.

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

Wavegarrick
Trader

Peaky

Post by Wavegarrick »

The beauty with the Ea dashboard and the bot is that you can have the Ea dash set to sixths on the hourly timeframe but link it up with a template chart will that will trade sixths on the 15 minute timeframe. So effectively you will trade sixths on the 15 minute timeframe in cohesion with sixths on the hourly timeframe. Nice :smile:

Cheers
Leon
SteveHopwood
Owner

Peaky

Post by SteveHopwood »

Wonderful performance by bothe the H1 and M15 demos. Nothing closed on the D1 yet but the green UPL is lovely.

Three have hit tp on the M15 and the open position is nicely in the green. Here is one that closed.
AUDJPYM15.png
I had the stop order buffer at 20 by accident and have reduced it to 10.

This one is a pic of HGBnDnSSnFB but it is a situation those of us not using a stop loss are going to have to deal with here as well:
Candidate for Recovery.png
Courtesy of the terms, "possible impeachment" and, "US president" hoving into the same sentence, we can see how far the price has moved against the trade. A 'leaky toilet' can cause this as well - I saw it several times in my code-testing craptest on Sunday.

Looks like a prime candidate for Recovery, Bob-style.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

pandaboy
Trader

Peaky

Post by pandaboy »

Thanks for the EA Steve.. :hi: I am running both H1 and M15. M15 looks really good. :good:
Wavegarrick
Trader

Peaky

Post by Wavegarrick »

Hi Guys,

Based on a Pm I received.
Sorry for this noob question since i'm very new to EA. How do I setup the peaky thing to Empty4? what kinda files are needed and any config to be done?
Steve, Sorry for taking the liberty. I know I will get endless questions regarding this.
I shall use Peaky in conjunction with the DFC dashboard EA I have posted at SteveHopwood @ Introducing Captain Jack's Naked Trading Premium Service
The DFC dash Ea must be downloaded as per above and go into your MQL 4 Experts folder.
Set file below must go into your platform templates folder:
25 Peaky Dash 1Hr.tpl
You simply open this template and the chart with the DFC dash will open.
I load the template onto EurChf because I don't trade this currency.
You simply set "AutomatedChartopening andClosing" to True and the dash will open the applicable charts as per the details below.

This template will open the Peaky Ea OOTB settings and is linked to the DFC dasboard, so you have to download this as well:
25 Peaky 1Hr.tpl
Hope I don't have to explain this again. ;)

Cheers
Leon
SteveHopwood
Owner

Peaky

Post by SteveHopwood »

Wavegarrick » Thu May 18, 2017 6:56 am wrote:Hi Guys,

Based on a Pm I received.

Steve, Sorry for taking the liberty. I know I will get endless questions regarding this.

The DFC dash Ea must be downloaded as per above and go into your MQL 4 Experts folder.
Set file below must go into your platform templates folder:

You simply open this template and the chart with the DFC dash will open.
I load the template onto EurChf because I don't trade this currency.
You simply set "AutomatedChartopening andClosing" to True and the dash will open the applicable charts as per the details below.

This template will open the Peaky Ea OOTB settings and is linked to the DFC dasboard, so you have to download this as well:

Hope I don't have to explain this again. ;)

Cheers
Leon
In future Leon and any of the other mods here, when you receive a request such as this one by PM please:
  • remove the dimwit to the On Moderation group so they cannot bother anybody else.
  • post what you have done with the dimwit in the relevant thread, to discourage other dimwits.
The second action is optional.

I make it abundantly clear in my Welcome message to new users that lazy and stupid people are not tolerated here. Every one of my EA threads includes the requirement that members be able to use EA's. People unable to fulfil this requirement need to be discouraged from trying to make up for this lack by lazily asking for info that is freely available to anybody with a firing brain cell, and so wasting the time of valuable members such as yourself.

I know this is harsh. My harsh approach is the reason this forum is free of the nonsense that afflicts so many other places.

Wavegarrick
Trader

Peaky

Post by Wavegarrick »

Thanks Steve, I am with you on this :good:

Cheers
Leon

Return to “Peaky forum”