Peaky Fifo

The place for Peaky and Peaky-related stuff.
cozybooks
Trader

Peaky Fifo

Post by cozybooks »

Peaky Fifo continues to treat me well. Three updates:

1) I closed my AUDCAD Buy trade on my live battered old time account at 275 pips profit. I believe if you are ultra patient, you could just let the demo run continuously and only enter trades on pairs that have three open losing trades. You won't have many trades, but you are entering at such an extreme that the odds swing heavily in your favor. I'm will begin running a live set of trades on my old account for this exact scenario, using double the TP I am using for regular Peaky Fifo trades. It will make good use of an account just sitting there.

2) Peaky Fifo demo is up to $ 13,813 (that's $3,813 profit in closed trades) with a drawdown under $70.00.
38% return on the original $10,000 in just about 15 months. Somewhere in my past posts I have the max drawdown (thinking it was in the 10% range, but I could be off by a little on that).

3) Oanda penny live account is up to $504, with a drawdown of about $3.00.

Happy Days for Peaky! :yahoo: :clap: :party:
cozybooks
Trader

Peaky Fifo

Post by cozybooks »

Hey Traders,

A mostly quiet month for the little train that could. Demo Peaky Fifo account has risen to $ 14,013. Drawdown is creeping upward with GBP crash, now up to $ 254. In theory this should provide a wonderful chance to make money down the line when GBP finally turns back around.

Live manual Oanda penny account is up to $ 544, with drawdown on that account sitting up at $78 - so the same situation, really.

Happy trading! :yahoo:
cozybooks
Trader

Peaky Fifo

Post by cozybooks »

Peaky Fifo keeps chugging slowly along.
This is certainly the longest period of time I've run a demo account continuously. 17 months in, balance of closed trades now at $ 14404 with a tiny drawdown of $45. Sitting on a 44% return for the 17 months.

Live Oanda penny account is at $564 with a higher $ 66 drawdown. This is the downside to copying the trades manually. Sometimes the automated happens so fast that the trade opportunity is long gone by the time I can get to it. Looking forward to the possible Oanda trade copier to automate Peaky Fifo into my live account. Just over one year for the live account, and my balance has grown from $ 230 to $564 (or $498 minus the current drawdown).

When the balance on the demo reaches $15,000, i will increase the base lot size from .01 to .02 and see how that works moving forward. Happy trading! :clap:
tgm0
Trader

Peaky Fifo

Post by tgm0 »

cozybooks » Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:11 pm wrote: Looking forward to the possible Oanda trade copier to automate Peaky Fifo into my live account.
You may be interested in this: Ditto - Empty4 to Oanda Trade Copier
cozybooks
Trader

Peaky Fifo

Post by cozybooks »

Thanks for the heads-up! I love my family, but what a perfect time for them to leave from the holiday visits! :smile:

There is no way to over emphasize what this means for us U.S. traders! :party: :party: :party:
cozybooks
Trader

Peaky Fifo

Post by cozybooks »

A couple of weeks ago I set up Ditto on my peaky Fifo demo and linked it to my live Oanda penny account. The immediate result was that it closed all trades i had in my oanda penny account that did not match the demo. This brought my balance just under $500 at the time of the conversion.

I have changed the lot size to .02 on the Peaky Fifo demo, and i have removed the incrementing lot size. There is no need for it now that Ditto can send different lot sizes. I have Ditto set to 10%, so the $2,000 trade size translates to my live Oanda account as 200, 201, 202, etc.

peaky fifo demo is now up to 14,781 with a whopping $42 drawdown (a nice 47% return in under a year and a half). My live Oanda account is at $522 with a current $9 surplus in open trades, so it is already recovering nicely since the conversion.

If you are a U.S. trader, running Ditto with an Oanda account is the only way to trade!

Happy trading! :clap: :clap: :clap: :party: :party: :clap: :clap: :yahoo:
cozybooks
Trader

Peaky Fifo

Post by cozybooks »

Even with Ditto ironing out a few early problems, Peaky Fifo keeps rumbling along. I'm only reporting on the live account now since the demo and live account are theoretically in sync, but in basic terms, the demo has over $15,000 in equity, so I am using lot sizes of .02. Ditto is applying 10% of that to my live Oanda account, so it is sending over lot sizes starting at 200 units. The great thing about this is that you could start an Oanda account with very little money and just adjust your Ditto percent accordingly. With $100 you could set Ditto to 0.5% and have it kick out trades starting at just 10 units. Imagine if the technology existed and someone had done this for you as a present when you were a baby!

Anyway, the live Oanda account now sits at $563 with open trades running a positive $8 at the moment. That's a nifty 8% gain in the last month. More importantly, considering I invested only $130 originally in this account, that's a stunning $433 profit on a $130 investment, a ultra nifty 333% return since November of 2017. Steve's original idea has turned into my most profitable live trading account on a percent basis. Steve, you a superstar among superstars!

Happy trading! :clap: :clap: :party: :clap: :clap:
cozybooks
Trader

Peaky Fifo

Post by cozybooks »

Peaky Fifo has had a slow, steady rise over the last month. There are still some glitches to be worked out with Ditto, but my live Oanda account now sits at $598.22 with about a $2.50 drawdown. Increase of $ 35.22 since late February. Doesn't seem like much, my friends, but that is about a 6.2% return on the $563 in a little over a month.

Happy trading! :mrgreen:
foolishdog

Peaky Fifo

Post by foolishdog »

cozybooks » Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:18 pm wrote:Peaky Fifo has had a slow, steady rise over the last month. There are still some glitches to be worked out with Ditto, but my live Oanda account now sits at $598.22 with about a $2.50 drawdown. Increase of $ 35.22 since late February. Doesn't seem like much, my friends, but that is about a 6.2% return on the $563 in a little over a month.

Happy trading! :mrgreen:

Great reasult and prefect DD. Unfortunately, can't see your results on fxtestify for more analysis. It should be great to move your setting to PoS to verify. :!!: :!!: :!!:
Sorry ,just want to double confirm, are you use latest peaky fifo EA and the same config file in previous post ? Thanks.
cozybooks
Trader

Peaky Fifo

Post by cozybooks »

Greetings, foolishdog!

I've attached the set file I am currently using, although I change the TP and distance between trades for each pair. The set file attached was for EURNZD.

Basically, I am now trading .01 lots per $7,000 in my account, so on the demo account, which has somehow been running continuously since I started it at $10,000, that balance is currently around $15,500 or so, so my lot sizes are .02 on the demo.
Ditto is translating those to 10% for my live Oanda account, so I am using lot sizes basically of $200.

TP is 150% of daily ATR(365). This is approximate. I set it initially and then go back and adjust it every couple of months. My minimum TP is 105 pips and my minimum marketdistancepips is 200 pips.

marketdistancepips is set to double the TP. This change allowed the drawdown to stay much lower, but of course, trades can go a lot longer between closing. On EURNZD, the last time I changed the settings, TP was 200 pips and marketdistancepips was 400 pips, so price has to move quite a ways.

When I started the demo, I didn't even know about fxtestify, but I agree, it would be good for the future. I am leaving tomorrow for a week on the road, but I'll look into it when I get back. Truly, though, if you had told me I would have the demo and live version running so long, I don't think I would have believed it.

The biggest surprise for me has been that using such tiny lot sizes, your account can still grow at a pretty decent clip. Yes, btw, I am using the most current version of Peaky Fifo.

Happy trading! :D

Return to “Peaky forum”