Peaky on Steroids

The place for Peaky and Peaky-related stuff.
Gertje
Trader

Peaky on Steroids

Post by Gertje »

Yesterday finally my EURUSD buy basket closed.
This basket started the 1st of september, 6 months ago..... :arrrg:
Having nearly the highest negative swap of all pairs, it started being painful to watch the pair going down, and down, and some more down.

Swap ended up being -/- €2.440,- which was partially covered with the €1.063,- profit the basket made.

Funny enough, I'm happy the basket closed, as it grew to nearly 1.5 full lots.
Now the basket closed, the margin can go somewhere else, making profit again.

:!!: :!!: :!!:
cozybooks
Trader

Peaky on Steroids

Post by cozybooks »

Gertje, congratulations! I was actually thinking about you and all of your EURUSD trades yesterday when the pair kept chugging upward. Glad to hear it cleared out of your account. I am running Peaky Fifo here in the U.S., but I've found the same thing in the past - you always end up with a pair (or a few pairs) that you just need to clear out and free up your margin for new sets of trades. It's always a good feeling when that happens! :D

Happy trading! :clap:
Steve
Gertje
Trader

Peaky on Steroids

Post by Gertje »

Thanks Steve for the kind words.
I have a gut feeling that the markets are turning in our favour again.
Several baskets are about to close, I'm curious how the NFP-report this Friday will affect the flow.

Time will tell, as always. :jump:
billv
Trader

Peaky on Steroids

Post by billv »

Hello Gertjan

That's nice to know, I hope your other pairs recover soon too.

I finally gave up on POS in 2019, I removed it from my live accounts around half way through the year because it got me in trouble and I'm still feeling the DD pain today as many of the POS trades are still open.

If I knew that the risk OFF situation would worsen I would have recovered the trades earlier but I didn't.
Anyway, I will let my POS rest in peace, I'm not going back to it.

:hi:
zafh
Trader

Peaky on Steroids

Post by zafh »

Gertjan,

Looks like Corona latest victim is POS. Really gutted, I was following this account for a few years now.

Hope your live account is ok.

https://www.fxblue.com/users/2085517

Zaf
Gertje
Trader

Peaky on Steroids

Post by Gertje »

zafh » Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:25 pm wrote:Gertjan,

Looks like Corona latest victim is POS. Really gutted, I was following this account for a few years now.

Hope your live account is ok.

https://www.fxblue.com/users/2085517

Zaf
Hi Zaf,

Yep, nearly 3 years of testing down the drain.... :arrrg:
I learned a lot during these years though.

I also lost my cent-account with 4K balance when the markets opened with a gap last weekend.
All in all I made 2K profit with that account [actually withdrew 6K after depositing 4K], so all is well there.

My 'real' live account is experiencing a rather high DD, but is also making whopping returns at the moment.
Did I manage to loose €855 last week due to a huge EURUSD basket closure with extreme negative swap, this week the account gained €2370 already.
I lowered my dollup after the last 'dip' last year, so the margin is still okay floating between 600-1.000%

Still I'm considering changing to SPB after this ride is over.... :?:
zafh
Trader

Peaky on Steroids

Post by zafh »

I just started my SPB demo on fxtestify just before the crazy moves started. 40000 pips in 10 days!!!

But looking at he people who have been using it for a long time it is providing very good returns with reasonable draw down and they haven't suffered too badly during the crazy moves.
Gertje
Trader

Peaky on Steroids

Post by Gertje »

The end of any year always calls for some flashbacks. :youknow:

With the horrible year 2020 nearly coming to an end, I would like to express my gratitude to all the great minds here at SHF. It feels like it isn't so busy as it once was, but still it's like meeting that friend from before that only needs a knod to understand what you want to tell.
2020-12-22 16_41_09-Window.png
Above the profitcurve from my main account.
Around september of 2018 my PoS settings caused a huge DD, resulting in a major loss.
I gave back all the profit I made till then, and some more!
This event resulted in me turning down the exposure with PoS.

After that, I made a steady recovery.
Came back to zero, and gradually worked my way up to the 20K profit point.
I was already making early-retirements plans... :mrgreen:

And than Covid-19 came upon us. :arrrg: :arrrg: :arrrg:
All of the currencies I trade [the mayor 8] went nuts!
I nearly lost my entire account, was up to 80% in DD, and had a real hard weekend trying to come up with a plan of attack.
I closed a lot of smaller positions, giving back some 10K of profit, and 100% hedged the rest of the positions [9 pairs].
What I did as well, was remove PoS from my Empty4 and replace it with SPB [the 100.000pip challenge version].
The account was 30K, and I set SPB to trade with 0.02 lots.
Till now, I was able to clear the DD on 7 of the 9 pairs, 1 is on the edge of recovery [EURCHF], and 1 has a looong way to go still [EURAUD]. In the meantime, I also made some profit.
The year 2020 will end for me with a small profit, but more important; I still have my entire balance! :!!:

I would never be able to have done all this, without the knowledge, software, and help from the usuall suspects from here.

THANK YOU GUY'S!!!

Everybody have a good holiday season, stay save, and learn to trade in order to trade another day!
:!!: :!!: :!!:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
zafh
Trader

Peaky on Steroids

Post by zafh »

It is a shame POS died with all the hard work you put into it. I didn't get a chance to save my account, it went from margin I was a little uncomfortable with to completely blown in a few hours I was away from my PC.
PSB is doing very well and survivded / thrived on the covid craziness so that is a good sign
trader689
Trader

Peaky on Steroids

Post by trader689 »

second that, my SPB demos all came up trumps after the initial burst of covid madness

trader
zafh » Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:26 pm wrote:It is a shame POS died with all the hard work you put into it. I didn't get a chance to save my account, it went from margin I was a little uncomfortable with to completely blown in a few hours I was away from my PC.
PSB is doing very well and survivded / thrived on the covid craziness so that is a good sign

Return to “Peaky forum”