How to trade Peaky on Steroids from the US

The place for Peaky and Peaky-related stuff.
Asmahan88
Trader

Post by Asmahan88 »

JDizzle » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:13 am wrote:For U.S. traders, I can't recommend Traders Way high enough. They take US traders and do not have any of the FIFO or hedging restrictions. They even let you fund with a US based credit card.

I am starting a new demo on Traders Way with Peaky and POS as I type this.
Hi All, :hi:

Interesting reading here :smile:

http://www.forexpeacearmy.com/community ... 954/page-2
JDizzle

Post by JDizzle »

cozybooks » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:59 pm wrote:Hi JDizzle,

Thanks for the recommendation! I'll check them out. Have you ever withdrawn money successfully from them?

It's tough to commit a large amount of money to an unregulated offshore broker, and it's hard to imagine trading Peaky on Steroids even on just a few pairs on a small amount of money, but I might try them out with regular Peaky in a small account on the 1 hour TF with just a few pairs and see how it goes.

Withdrawal went fine and pretty fast. For a complete due diliegence, check out....
https://forums.babypips.com/t/going-off ... cftc/35612

Spreads are good compared to Tallinex, but there is a higher swap on most pairs. That might be a killer here if we are keeping trades open for long periods.
gprince66
Trader

Post by gprince66 »

Hi all,

So, I've been working on how to trade PoS here in the US. Thanks to Steve and cozy I think
I have a viable plan of attack for 'Peaky on Steroids_Fifo'. Here is what I got so far...

Instead of assigning a 'lot amount' per time frame which forces Fifo compliance, I propose we
assign a 'lot range' per TF. This setup on two accounts, one TradeLong and one TradeShort, will
allow us to trade Pos as intended, albeit with some slight adjustments.

--------
3 TFs + 5 trades max (total = 1.2)

M5 = 0.11, 0.12, 0.13, 0.14, 0.15
M15 = 0.06, 0.07, 0.08, 0.09, 0.10
H1 = 0.01, 0.02, 0.03, 0.04, 0.05
--------

Now, let's compare Pos_Fifo using varied lots to PoS using 0.01/$1k...

PoS $5k --> 5 trades x 3 TF x 0.05 = 0.75 max lots
PoS $10k --> 5 trades x 3 TF x 0.1 = 1.5 max lots
PoS_Fifo --> 5 trades x 3 TF = 1.2 max lots

This example shows you can play with the setup to fit your risk goals while still
benefitting from trading with PoS as she was intended.

Code: Select all

//For victims of the US mis-government.
bool    BrokerAllowsHedging=false;
extern bool    UseFIFO=false;        //UseFIFO: FIFO only works with hidden s/l & t/p
extern bool    UseVariedLots=true;   //UseVariedLots: vary lot size per trade, turn UseFifo off
                                     //US traders, Oanda offers this feature, not available at Forex.com
                                     //MaxTrades * NoOfTF = MaxLot
                                     //3 TFs + 5 trades max = 0.01 to 0.15, 4 TFs + 5 trades max = 0.01 to 0.20, etc
                                     //each TF has a range, H1=0.01,0.02,0.03,0.04,0.05, M15=0.06,0.07,0.08,0.09,0.10, etc
                                     //when opening trade, loop through the 'TF Lot array' and choose the highest (or lowest) lot available
extern bool    UseHTFtoLTFLots=true; //UseHTFtoLTFLots: highest TF starts at 0.01, otherwise lowest TF starts at 0.01 
extern bool    UseHighestLot=true;   //UseHighestLot: use highest lot available for that TF, otherwise always choose lowest available lot
extern double  StartingLot=0.01;     //StartingLot: 0.01 to 0.10, 0.05 to 0.14, etc

Any tips, suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Gary

p.s. I can't pour out code like Steve, this might take awhile :smile:

cozybooks
Trader

Post by cozybooks »

Hi Gary,

I like it a lot. I'll actually think it through a little more deeply over the weekend and July 4th Holiday (benefit of being in the U.S. :clap: ).

A reminder to all U.S. traders that this will work only with Oanda. I don't know of any other U.S. broker who will pass over FIFO requirements on different lot sizes.

Geez, they should be giving me a commission! :uff:

If you want to use all smaller lots, you could always open multiple sub-accounts on Oanda, and run each TF as its own EA in its own sub-account with .01 through .05 for your lot sizes.

Even better, on H1 for example, I've been looking at that exact scenario of beginning your trades with .01, then incrementing straight through to .05 when you get to a fifth trade. Much better recovery when the market turns around, and I'm using five trades as my maximum. Beyond that and the market is really spiraling out of reach and probably needs special manual intervention.

Lots to be excited about - not often you can say that as a U.S. Trader! :yahoo:

Have a great weekend,

Steve
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

gprince66 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:20 pm wrote:p.s. I can't pour out code like Steve, this might take awhile :smile:

Steve only churns out this stuff like running bathwater because he has been doing so for such a lot of time. It wasn't bathwater when he started. Back then, it was the drip drip of a Chinese water torture.

FWIW Gary, I was starting to think along your lines in creating a version of PoS for you guys in the US. Trouble is, I am not a US victim and so have only so much energy to devote to this problem. I am really happy to see you taking over this particular mantle.

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

:xm:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
gprince66
Trader

Post by gprince66 »

SteveHopwood wrote:
gprince66 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:20 pm wrote:p.s. I can't pour out code like Steve, this might take awhile :smile:

Steve only churns out this stuff like running bathwater because he has been doing so for such a lot of time. It wasn't bathwater when he started. Back then, it was the drip drip of a Chinese water torture.

FWIW Gary, I was starting to think along your lines in creating a version of PoS for you guys in the US. Trouble is, I am not a US victim and so have only so much energy to devote to this problem. I am really happy to see you taking over this particular mantle.

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

:xm:
Thanks for the offer, I'm sure I'll have a question or two once I get started. PoS has a lot going on under the hood so I threw together a little EA utility to help me check and verify my code is working as planned.

When PoS gets cookin' there are multiple trades on multiple time frames and I wanted a way to look at only the trades that apply to a particular symbol and time frame. This way I can easily make sure the lots are correctly distributed on the correct time frame.

Simply open a chart with your desired symbol and time frame. The EA will now show only the trades for that time frame. It loops through the open orders and selects trades that match the time frame's magic number.

It already pointed out a flaw in my 'virtual' hidden tp line for fifo.

Per usual, tips and suggestions are always welcome.

Green Pippin to all,

Gary

:jump:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Geekster
Trader

Post by Geekster »

I have only used FXChoice in the past on demo. I could be a guinea pig and open an account, run it for a few weeks and withdraw the money.

Edit; US traders apparently can open accounts still but can not fund the account via a credit card.
DigitalCrypto
Trader

Post by DigitalCrypto »

Tallinex is off the table. They were caught soliciting US residents, fined and banned.

Tradersway is one of those typical bucket shops. Open late, close early, Empty4 virtual manager plugins galore.

FXChoice, difficult to fund.

FinProTrading is another one that my associate recommended but I've not used them as of yet.

A word of warning to all residents inside the USA. I don't know if you are aware of the IRS taxing and reporting but anything over that magic number of $9k becomes an absolute nightmare. So try to keep your balances under $7k and withdraw regularly to avoid that 28 page reporting form for each account.

Ever since Goldman took over Coinbase the IRS has been trying to get the US government to permit them to legally start tracking unknown parties to build cases against them for tax evasion.

Return to “Peaky forum”