Awesome - original version

The place for Peaky and Peaky-related stuff.
Wiggy1965
Trader

Post by Wiggy1965 »

Hi Guys,

I would like to add a pip based take profit function to both the Symbol and Global Basket area's of the EA, could somebody give me a hand to add theses features please...percentage TP is just not working for me at the moment with this EA...!

Thanks in advance...

Wiggy
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

Wiggy1965 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:55 pm wrote:Hi Guys,

I would like to add a pip based take profit function to both the Symbol and Global Basket area's of the EA, could somebody give me a hand to add theses features please...percentage TP is just not working for me at the moment with this EA...!

Thanks in advance...

Wiggy
Here you are. It was quicker and easier to code it than to explain how to code it. You will see the new pips targets in the inputs; leaving any of the target inputs at zero effectively disables them.

Do me a favour please, and play with this for a few days. I will make it the post 1 version and add the pips stuff to the chart display when I know the code is bug-free.

:xm:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
Wiggy1965
Trader

Post by Wiggy1965 »

Steve,

The file you attached below suggest it is Version 1g, however it does appear to include the edit you made recently creating 1r, so I think it is meant to be 1s....! can you confirm this is now 1r and not version 1g with an edit..?

Wiggy
SteveHopwood » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:50 am wrote:
Wiggy1965 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:55 pm wrote:Hi Guys,

Thanks in advance...

Wiggy
Here you are. It was quicker and easier to code it than to explain how to code it. You will see the new pips targets in the inputs; leaving any of the target inputs at zero effectively disables them.

Do me a favour please, and play with this for a few days. I will make it the post 1 version and add the pips stuff to the chart display when I know the code is bug-free.

:xm:
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

Wiggy1965 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:40 am wrote:Steve,

The file you attached below suggest it is Version 1g, however it does appear to include the edit you made recently creating 1r, so I think it is meant to be 1s....! can you confirm this is now 1r and not version 1g with an edit..?

Wiggy
I don't care. I added something for you so you could test it out and see if it works. Just damn well test it out and stop whinging about irrelevancies.
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
Wiggy1965
Trader

Post by Wiggy1965 »

c'mon Steve settle,

I appreciate your efforts (like everybody here) in providing the change that I(we) asked for, however, unless I can be sure the mod was made to version to 1r I wont introduce into my environment....I currently have awesome 1q running on 2 x live and 2 x demo accounts and would prefer not to add any other variables...

Paul (aka wiggy)
SteveHopwood » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:16 pm wrote:
Wiggy1965 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:40 am wrote:Steve,

Wiggy
I don't care. I added something for you so you could test it out and see if it works. Just damn well test it out and stop whinging about irrelevancies.
TraderJoeForex
Trader

Post by TraderJoeForex »

Here's a non basket set that is doing rather well. Just the majors: H1 and H4. Close on first opposite FB.
Just closed everything before the interest rate news today. Here are results last 10 days:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pandaboy
Trader

Post by pandaboy »

TraderJoeForex » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:27 am wrote:Here's a non basket set that is doing rather well. Just the majors: H1 and H4. Close on first opposite FB.
Just closed everything before the interest rate news today. Here are results last 10 days:
Thank You TJ..! :hi: You are an inspiration for all of us to try new ideas for reaching the ultimate goal..!! :clap:
billv
Trader

Added trading buttons BUY+ SELL and CLOSE ALL

Post by billv »

Hi Steve,

Here is an experimental version 1R, I hope you don't mind me sharing it here so that people can play with it and provide feedback.

I have added trading buttons BUY+ SELL and CLOSE ALL

The BUY+SELL buttons I intend to use them to add to existing trades (for manual recovery)
Or to place new trades IF I see a trade opportunity and the EA is not giving a signal.
The buttons should be seamless to the EA, meaning that the EA should treat the manual trades as its own
and add them to any TP calculations or other checks it is doing.
The manual trades should be closing automatically, together with the automatic trades.
Manual trades should have the magic number of previous open trades or if there are no previous open trades, they should have the magic number of TF1

The BUY+SELL buttons work only for the currency pair the EA is placed on.
So if we want to add more trades to our open EURUSD trades, then we need to have the Awesome EA placed on a EURUSD chart. If we are running the EA on a different pair, it is easy to change charts.
We can simply drag and drop the EURUSD pair from our MARKET WATCH list onto our existing chart.
(Note: this action will initialize the EA but should not change anything else)

The CLOSE ALL button will close ALL OPEN TRADES (easier than having to look for the CLOSE ALL script).

Please note, this version is for testing only.
Traders, Please let me know if you find any problems with the button operation.
The position of the buttons on the chart is bottom right and should be superimposed on any existing indicators you are using. I like this because it keeps the chart clear.

Regards
Bill
lamdog330
Trader

Post by lamdog330 »

I am wondering in what situation would a trade open outside the sixth trading area.
I had numerous trades that would open 40 to 100 pips or even in middle of HiLo. For ex, a sell that opened before price reaches the D1 365bars sixth trading area.

As attached, it's trading outside of the sixth (D1)

USDJPY
Solid Blue = D1 HiLo 365 bars
Dotted Yellow = Sixth
Sell line = ~110.981

I've spent an hour reading over everything and I don't know how to proceed.
I made sure both HiLo settings and Awesome settings are at 365 bars.

USDJPY.JPG

Another thing I noticed is if I put
ImmediateMarketOrder = True
BufferPips = 0, then no trades
BufferPips = 1, then it will trade
SWG123
Trader

Post by SWG123 »

lamdog330 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:10 am wrote:I am wondering in what situation would a trade open outside the sixth trading area.
Awesome doesn't use sixths, just Peak High and Peak Low. From the user guide:-
"Spot the highest high and the lowest low. We call these the Peak High (PH) and
Peak Low (PL):
◦ The market direction is down if the PH is later than the PL.
◦ The market direction is up if the PL is later than the PH"

Return to “Peaky forum”