The Awesome Basket Forward Test

The place for Peaky and Peaky-related stuff.
billv
Trader

Post by billv »

c1borg » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:37 pm wrote: Interesting the 20% seems high to me but will give it some thought, totally agree however on the small TP. Any chance you can give me your set file so I can compare :smile:
20% is the level where I start to worry but this is for my live account.
Some people like to close all trades every Friday and to start again.
That works too.
I'm old school, I like to recover trades and this is the reason for adding trading buttons to the EA

Anyway, my set file will probably confuse you and everyone else if I posted it here because I have modified the EA but it is basically the H4 PeakHiLo730 set file with these changes

bas=---- Global Basket trading ----
AllTradesBelongToBasket=true
BasketCashTakeProfit=25.0
BasketCashPercentageTarget=0.0
sep6a================================================================
bas2=---- Symbol Basket trading ----
SymbolTradesBelongToBasket=true
SymbolMinTradesOpenForBasket=5
SymbolBasketCashTakeProfit=5.0
SymbolBasketCashPercentageTarget=0.0
billv
Trader

Post by billv »

How is everyone progressing?
I had some draw down for a while now.
c1borg
Trader

Post by c1borg »

I've abandoned testing Awesome with peaky too much drawdown even with conservative settings. Currently testing Awesome SS and doing well so far. :good:
billv
Trader

Post by billv »

c1borg » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:40 pm wrote:I've abandoned testing Awesome with peaky too much drawdown even with conservative settings. Currently testing Awesome SS and doing well so far. :good:
I'm testing both, the Awesome does create draw down but I don't have a clear picture of the exposure %
because I had the trade size wrong and it over traded for a while.

I recovered some trades and closed others and I restarted the EA.

I think the Awesome has potential for good gains.
The trick is to keep the trade size small so that the bad trades can be recovered.

What time frames do you run the 2SS on?
I run mine on 5M and 15M for now but I intend to try the 1min as well later on.

The problem I see already is that sometimes I get clusters of trades (3 or 4 trades in close proximity to each other).
This is an Awesome weakness and it is problem for me and for the EA because when things go wrong, it will be harder for the EA to recover and we will have bigger draw down.
In order to reduce this risk, I enabled symbol basket closure for trades >4 with TP=$1
and hopefully it will help.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
c1borg
Trader

Post by c1borg »

billv » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:15 pm wrote:
I'm testing both, the Awesome does create draw down but I don't have a clear picture of the exposure %
because I had the trade size wrong and it over traded for a while.

I recovered some trades and closed others and I restarted the EA.

I think the Awesome has potential for good gains.
The trick is to keep the trade size small so that the bad trades can be recovered.

What time frames do you run the 2SS on?
I run mine on 5M and 15M for now but I intend to try the 1min as well later on.

The problem I see already is that sometimes I get clusters of trades (3 or 4 trades in close proximity to each other).
This is an Awesome weakness and it is problem for me and for the EA because when things go wrong, it will be harder for the EA to recover and we will have bigger draw down.
In order to reduce this risk, I enabled symbol basket closure for trades >4 with TP=$1
and hopefully it will help.
I am also using 5m 15m 2SS only been running for 1 week but looks "awesome" :smile: so far with low drawdown. Will keep running this to see if it breaks TP is a basket close of 10.
Capture.PNG
I also have a very interesting AI project running with good results but not sure if I should post as I dont know what the opinion of neural networks is on the forum.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
billv
Trader

Post by billv »

c1borg » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:57 am wrote: I also have a very interesting AI project running with good results but not sure if I should post as I dont know what the opinion of neural networks is on the forum.
Well, I'm not into things like that myself but if you have something to share and you would like people to assist with your testing you could start a new thread. :hi:
billv
Trader

Post by billv »

c1borg » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:57 am wrote: I am also using 5m 15m 2SS only been running for 1 week but looks "awesome" :smile: so far with low drawdown. Will keep running this to see if it breaks TP is a basket close of 10
I'm running 2 versions of it, but both are trading +ve swap direction only.
I did this because I intend to recover trades later so the draw down doesn't bother me much.

I have basket TP set to 10 but with my settings it is possible that baskets which develop draw down may be harder to close so I will rely on symbol basket closures for my daily profit.
billv
Trader

Post by billv »

Modified Awesome 1R
See how with the new settings the draw down is restricted?
It is early days but I intend to use this EA in my live account.
c1borg
Trader

Post by c1borg »

billv » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:20 am wrote:Modified Awesome 1R
See how with the new settings the draw down is restricted?
It is early days but I intend to use this EA in my live account.
Hopefully you've spotted something to reduce the drawdown time will tell :) but it seems to raise its head just when things look great. Btw you can seperate and analyse systems on the same instance by using the Myfxbook date analysis and you can pin it so it remains with your settings.
Capture.PNG
billv
Trader

Post by billv »

c1borg » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:19 pm wrote: Hopefully you've spotted something to reduce the drawdown time will tell :) but it seems to raise its head just when things look great
I hope so, actually I'm using 3 symbol closures in that one, Awesome comes with bas2 and I added bas3 and bas4. It is encouraging that the equity is going sideways and not down.
I haven't attempted to recover any pairs because the DD is acceptable.

c1borg » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:19 pm wrote: it seems to raise its head just when things look great
Yes, it does.
I wouldn't call things looking great at present but I like what i see.
If we manage to stop the equity from going down during the bad times, then we've won the game.

I have been using a similar trading technique for a few years now (with another EA) and what I found is that I don't need to recover many trades and I don't need to do it often. Eventually the market swings back and many trades recover by themselves.

Having said that, we have to watch out for very long trends and should not have too many open JPY trades.

c1borg » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:19 pm wrote: Btw you can seperate and analyse systems on the same instance by using the Myfxbook date analysis and you can pin it so it remains with your settings.
Thanks, I hadn't noticed, I will play with it.

Return to “Peaky forum”