The Awesome Basket Forward Test

The place for Peaky and Peaky-related stuff.
billv
Trader

Post by billv »

c1borg » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:40 pm wrote:I've abandoned testing Awesome with peaky too much drawdown even with conservative settings.
The other thing we can do to reduce DD is to enable a distant stop loss.
This technique is actually good because when a trade is stopped out, it will be easier for the remaining trades to close as a basket.

Here is Marx's Awesome account with a 150P SL.
https://www.myfxbook.com/members/marx64 ... tp/2282103
You can see how it had a dip in early January due to the SL but it recovered nicely after that. :clap:

In my own EA (different strategy) I have an incremental stop loss, which is applied every few trades
so when a SL is hit, the next SL is a few trades away (and not on the next trade) so we don't get such sharp dips, we get steps like the one shown on Feb 2 and Mar 6.

I also don't want trades to close out unnecessarily so I use >250pip SL
andwen
Trader

Post by andwen »

Hi All.

Following with great interest. I have been using awesome now for 5 months with some interesting results to say the least. I must confess I dont understand all its machinations but that hasnt stopped me having a go.

I have a set file included here from other contributors which I have tweaked a bit. I cant quite remember what I did, you know late at night, bit of a session etc. However it has managed to recover an a/c which went into margin call and and the EA was rejigged. At that point there was a min equity of $523 and it now has a balance of $1803 and equity at $1614, something like 300+% .

Basically over 8 weeks with not much drawdown. Genious or luck??

There is ref to "5m 15m 2SS""in the blog. Can someone elaborate on 2SS please.

Also desperately wanting to run a tight ship as drawdown nearly killed this a/c as explained. Maybe it could help in some small way.

Cheers
Awesome ver 1r H1 Glob bskt no sup slope $25.set
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
billv
Trader

Post by billv »

andwen » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:33 pm wrote:Hi All.
Basically over 8 weeks with not much drawdown. Genious or luck??
Cheers
Hi Andy :hi:

I think it will be more luck than anything else.
Your set file doesn't use SS at all so you should get more trades.
However, draw down is the major weakness of the strategy.

I have been trying 3 levels of symbol basket closures
and Nicolas (Letsarb) is trying the EA with 2xSS (1D+4H) and also with 3xSS
It remains to be seen if any of our attempts are beneficial.
I'm running a few different versions on demo but it is a slow process.

I think if the EA had the Zeljko filter + OnlyTradeCurrencyTwice
we would have lower DD so I will try and add the code and will test the EA for a few months.

I don't know if you've noticed this thread
http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... 104&t=5389
I think you should try this EA, SlopeyPeakyBob looks very promising and it has those 2 filters built-in.

Cheers
Bill
andwen
Trader

Post by andwen »

Thanks Billy.

Looking forward to your suggestions as you have a good handle on this EA. I will keep plugging away,,,warts and all. I dont mind a bit of intervention as my live a/c has good gains but is requiring intensive work to restore the balance and is somewhat contrary to the whole process, at the moment.

Will have a look at your suggestions

Cheers
c1borg
Trader

Post by c1borg »

billv » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:12 pm wrote:
c1borg » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:57 am wrote: I also have a very interesting AI project running with good results but not sure if I should post as I dont know what the opinion of neural networks is on the forum.
Well, I'm not into things like that myself but if you have something to share and you would like people to assist with your testing you could start a new thread. :hi:
New thread started ;)
c1borg
Trader

Post by c1borg »

Hi all just wanted to share my results which I am really happy with atm :yahoo:
Capture.PNG
The two red areas were caused by me being stupid and manually intervening :smile: thinking I knew better than the EA :roll: .It has recovered every DD so far which seems to be a very acceptable 2.3%. I am doing further tests (without intervention) with a new version and will report back if I can improve the results.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
billv
Trader

Post by billv »

c1borg » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:00 pm wrote:Hi all just wanted to share my results which I am really happy with atm :yahoo:

The two red areas were caused by me being stupid and manually intervening :smile: thinking I knew better than the EA :roll: .It has recovered every DD so far which seems to be a very acceptable 2.3%. I am doing further tests (without intervention) with a new version and will report back if I can improve the results.
Hi C1borg

Nice 1 :!!: :!!: :!!:

Is this the double SS version?
I'm running 3 Awesome tests myself (with 2SS)
but I just changed the TP settings again and I don't have reliable data to share.

Do you mind sharing the settings you use?
And can you please have a look at the comments section of your Empty4 terminal
and tell me if the trades are from all 4 time frames?

I'm attaching my latest set
Cheers
chrisdk2018
Trader

Post by chrisdk2018 »

deleted.
Last edited by chrisdk2018 on Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
c1borg
Trader

Post by c1borg »

chrisdk2018 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:13 am wrote:
c1borg » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:57 pm wrote: I also have a very interesting AI project running with good results but not sure if I should post as I dont know what the opinion of neural networks is on the forum.
I am interested.

I did some quick R work using QDA on GBPUSD 30 min with 83% accuracy in prediction which is pretty good. Then you can couple R with ZeroMQ and Empty4 like it is mentioned here https://blog.darwinex.com/zeromq-interf ... tatrader4/

If I have time one day I can cook up an EA, but not sure if you can backtest it.
Please read this locked thread before going any further as I dont want you to get into trouble http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... 73#p160573 im afraid Steve decided not to persue my AI system which I totally respect as its his forum.
chrisdk2018
Trader

Post by chrisdk2018 »

Regarding stop loss in awesome I am going to test 200 pips on low volatility pairs like EURUSD, CADCHF etc and 400 pips on higher volatility pairs like USDJPY. It has worked before on another basket ea of mine.

So two charts with two different awesome presets.

Return to “Peaky forum”