Awesome GTWV

The place for Peaky and Peaky-related stuff.
TraderJoeForex
Trader

Awesome GTWV

Post by TraderJoeForex »

Previous set file I posted wasn't going anywhere.. understandably with all the fillthegap trades, no SL and tight BE and I haven't figured out a way round this so I took a step back and just put this together instead for one Awesome trade at a time: H4 no Superslope and no fillthegap.

I added the same GTWV set that Charles posted last last week in his thread designed for H4.

These results are just the last 24hours.. on the right track now me thinks. Has anyone else had any experiments this week?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TraderJoeForex
Trader

Awesome GTWV

Post by TraderJoeForex »

TraderJoeForex » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:07 pm wrote:Previous set file I posted wasn't going anywhere.. understandably with all the fillthegap trades, no SL and tight BE and I haven't figured out a way round this so I took a step back and just put this together instead for one Awesome trade at a time: H4 no Superslope and no fillthegap.

I added the same GTWV set that Charles posted last last week in his thread designed for H4.

These results are just the last 24hours.. on the right track now me thinks. Has anyone else had any experiments this week?
I am going to keep the above H4 test running and start a H1 GTWV using the same H1 no Superslope set I am running in our Awesome basket forward test. This should provide some good comparisons then over the next few weeks.

What attracts me to this method with GTWV is that it offers the potential to trade Awesome profitably with a tight SL as the stacking should make up for the SL hits along the way. If this proves to be the case then perhaps this will be a safer way of trading Awesome and drawdown will be virtually eliminated.
TraderJoeForex
Trader

Awesome GTWV

Post by TraderJoeForex »

In fact further to the above I realized I could just add to the same test rather than separating so now have 3 Awesome sets running all with GTWV on the same account on their own magic numbers. Each set will take both H1 and H4 signals.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TraderJoeForex
Trader

Awesome GTWV

Post by TraderJoeForex »

First few days this week didn't go well. Then I realized why. The GTWV set had an ATR based SL which makes it much bigger than the 20pip BE so I have reduced the SL to 20pips so at least every gain is worth the same as every loss. This may well be far too tight in which case both SL and BE will need to be increased but since changing this yesterday the equity is increasing above balance again which is good.
RisklessPips
Trader

Awesome GTWV

Post by RisklessPips »

TraderJoeForex » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:11 pm wrote:First few days this week didn't go well. Then I realized why. The GTWV set had an ATR based SL which makes it much bigger than the 20pip BE so I have reduced the SL to 20pips so at least every gain is worth the same as every loss. This may well be far too tight in which case both SL and BE will need to be increased but since changing this yesterday the equity is increasing above balance again which is good.
The version of GTWV posted applies the tighter to entry between SL pips and calculated ATR if use atr is true.
Trading is a mind game - good job I have a brain
TraderJoeForex
Trader

Awesome GTWV

Post by TraderJoeForex »

RisklessPips » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:58 am wrote:
The version of GTWV posted applies the tighter to entry between SL pips and calculated ATR if use atr is true.
OK yes I must be on the previous version. Cheers. Ideally we want SL and BE in ATR if this has legs.
TraderJoeForex
Trader

Awesome GTWV

Post by TraderJoeForex »

From watching my previous sets play out last few days I have made a few more changes and through a bit of trial and error settled on 2pip BE after 20pips for GTWV.

Back to one Awesome with GTWV now. Here are results last 24hours:
TraderJoeForex
Trader

Awesome GTWV

Post by TraderJoeForex »

With the strong move this morning this combo is really motoring now and so nice to see the GTWV stacking paying it's way :smile:
TraderJoeForex
Trader

Awesome GTWV

Post by TraderJoeForex »

This week the balance increased and so did drawdown!

Although the figures look reasonably good and confirm that this system will do very well in a trendy market and just about break even in a ranging one when I look at the ratio of profit / max drawdown this system is not showing any benefit over the top three set files in our Awesome Basket forward test so I am going to leave this here for now. Perhaps the combo has further potential and I will keep an eye on GTWV thread in case there are any breakthroughs that make this worth continuing in the future.

Return to “Peaky forum”