Awesome GTWV

The place for Peaky and Peaky-related stuff.
TraderJoeForex
Trader

Awesome GTWV

Post by TraderJoeForex »

This is a thread to develop and test proof of concept for a mix of Awesome with GTWV.

We need some discussion first on this before jumping into set files. Perhaps a few initial experiments will lead to a workable strategy to test later this month.

The idea is that Awesome will send trades with all basket closes turned off and GTWV will manage those trades and stack after BE.

Initially I was thinking to use two Awesome. One long only and one short only to take one trade per Symbol per direction at any time and fillthegpaptrades = false and UsePeakHiLo = False. This would enable GTWV to run as Charles intended trading in both directions depending which way the market goes however testing has proved this a non starter so I am now running with Gertje's idea of one Awesome with fillthegpaptrades = true and UsePeakHiLo = true and this is directional trading away from PeaHiLo in the way that Awesome is intended.

As long as BE pips in GTWV is > than fillthegap pips in Awesome the stacking should have a positive effect as price moves.

Charles experience with GTWV will be invaluable to keep us on the right track.
TraderJoeForex
Trader

Awesome GTWV

Post by TraderJoeForex »

RESERVED FOR SET FILE SUGGESTIONS ONCE WE HAVE THEM
RisklessPips
Trader

Awesome GTWV

Post by RisklessPips »

Well done TJF.

I'm in on thread idea looking to contribute if i can

Charles
Trading is a mind game - good job I have a brain
Gertje
Trader

Awesome GTWV

Post by Gertje »

I'm in too!
:yahoo:
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Awesome GTWV

Post by SteveHopwood »

Good to see Charles' idea finding traction elsewhere. :clap:

:xm:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
DigitalCrypto
Trader

Awesome GTWV

Post by DigitalCrypto »

I've also subscribed. I'm not read into GTWV so I'll just keep my mouth shut for now.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Awesome GTWV

Post by SteveHopwood »

DigitalCrypto » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:02 pm wrote:I'm not read into GTWV so I'll just keep my mouth shut for now.
You need to if you are to know what is going on here. It is not difficult and will take you 5 minutes. Give it a few minutes once you have finished mopping up.

:xm:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
DigitalCrypto
Trader

Awesome GTWV

Post by DigitalCrypto »

Yep I went and found it and read up on it. :D

Look forward to helping out any way I can.

Speaking of mopping up.....we got another damn hurricane coming at us. So if I am MIA for a couple days (weeks) it's because we are out at the Alamo waiting it out.
TraderJoeForex
Trader

Awesome GTWV

Post by TraderJoeForex »

Ok I am guessing Awesome doens't appreciate having both usePeakHiLo and useSuperslope false... understandably since it was not intended to use that way.

So I am jumping straight to Gertje's idea and have setup one Awesome with my H1 no Superslope set which is currently doing rather well in the Awesome Basket Test.

The only change I have made is to reduce fillthegap trades to 10 (so they will be placed every 5pips) just to get some action and to match the 5pip BE with GTWV. Obviously these figures can be increased to something more sensible once I can see the idea working.

I've deleted my previous posts and edited post 1 about long and short to avoid confusion.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TraderJoeForex
Trader

Awesome GTWV

Post by TraderJoeForex »

this setup working as planned :good:

Next step is to work out what values work best for fillthegap trades and BE
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Peaky forum”