My Peak HiLo indi

The place for Peaky and Peaky-related stuff.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

My Peak HiLo indi

Post by SteveHopwood »

traveliron » Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:39 pm wrote:Steve

The Peaky bit of SPB shows up white if the price is in the wrong half of the Hi Lo range. This was an inspired idea from you that is probably an important part of SPB's success. As you might expect using the Peak HiLo TD indi on TDesk it simply shows a green (up) or red (down) arrow. As it is we can't emulate SPB on TDesk and experiment from there.

Can the Peaky TD indi be easily adjusted to incorporate this feature?

If not then please forget I asked, I know how busy you are hammering out the lumps on Desky.

Chris
Chris, having posted my previous, I read yours again.

It is nonsense. It shows that you understand neither Peaky, SPB nor TDesk. That is something of an achievement.

I suggest that: you keep your head down and stay quiet so you do not attract my attention when I am in a less forgiving mind than I am now; you learn what Peaks is all about; you learn what TDesk is all about.

I couch this as a, "Suggestion". It is not really a suggestion.
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
m0nk111
Trader

My Peak HiLo indi

Post by m0nk111 »

hi,
i noticed that WPB has halfway on peaky
look at this code from WPB:

Code: Select all

if (PeakyStatus[PairIndex] == peakylongtradable)
      if (ask > HalfWay)
         PeakyStatus[PairIndex] = peakylonguntradable;

//Short
   if (PeakyStatus[PairIndex] == peakyshorttradable)
      if (bid < HalfWay)
         PeakyStatus[PairIndex] = peakyshortuntradable;

i modified the indicator, so it wil send different signals to Tdesk on halfway. normal, flat or opposite
maybe useful

default setting is SendToTDeskOnHalfway=Normal, so change this to flat or opposite
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by m0nk111 on Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
taipan
Trader

My Peak HiLo indi

Post by taipan »

m0nk111 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:23 am wrote:hi,

if (ask > HalfWay)

//Short
      if (bid < HalfWay)

i modified the indicator, so it wil send different signals to Tdesk on halfway. normal, flat or opposite
maybe useful

I have tried your indicator but nothing show up in TDesk!

taipan
wallywonka
Trader

My Peak HiLo indi

Post by wallywonka »

taipan » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:49 am wrote:
m0nk111 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:23 am wrote:hi,

if (ask > HalfWay)

//Short
      if (bid < HalfWay)

maybe useful

I have tried your indicator but nothing show up in TDesk!

taipan
Works fine here.
taipan
Trader

My Peak HiLo indi

Post by taipan »

Ok, now it showed up in TDesk. Thank you very much.

taipan
wallywonka
Trader

My Peak HiLo indi

Post by wallywonka »

Steve, just wondering if it would be possible for you to add an option to the Peak HiLo indicator to only trade inside the bottom and top sixths, so basically in that top/bottom trading area as shown in the indicator and outside that zone send a flat signal to Tdesk... this would make it really handy to see good trade opportunities in those zones on Tdesk.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

My Peak HiLo indi

Post by SteveHopwood »

wallywonka » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:05 pm wrote:Steve, just wondering if it would be possible for you to add an option to the Peak HiLo indicator to only trade inside the bottom and top sixths, so basically in that top/bottom trading area as shown in the indicator and outside that zone send a flat signal to Tdesk... this would make it really handy to see good trade opportunities in those zones on Tdesk.
Good idea. Will do.

:xm: :rocket:

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

SteveHopwood
Owner

My Peak HiLo indi

Post by SteveHopwood »

wallywonka » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:05 pm wrote:Steve, just wondering if it would be possible for you to add an option to the Peak HiLo indicator to only trade inside the bottom and top sixths, so basically in that top/bottom trading area as shown in the indicator and outside that zone send a flat signal to Tdesk... this would make it really handy to see good trade opportunities in those zones on Tdesk.
Done. The new input is EnforceFirstSixthTradingZone; find it in the Sixths input section. I haven't tested it, so let me know if it is not working properly.

This is easily extended to include the second sixth if there is a demand.

wallywonka
Trader

My Peak HiLo indi

Post by wallywonka »

SteveHopwood » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:29 pm wrote:
Done. The new input is EnforceFirstSixthTradingZone; find it in the Sixths input section. I haven't tested it, so let me know if it is not working properly.

This is easily extended to include the second sixth if there is a demand.

Awesome thanks Steve! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Will check it out next week and let you know if it's working correctly :D
icog

My Peak HiLo indi

Post by icog »

Hello Steve,
off topic: As this is my first post here i would like to thank you for the way you share the experience accumulated with the years as a developer and trader. I hope this brings you not only moral but also solid financial satisfaction. All the best for you and your family, people like you and the other active members of this forum deserve respect and a place in the digital age memorial (when created) :).

on topic: I spent 2 weeks reading and experimenting mostly with Peak HiLo and I think there is something in the documentation on the indicator. When we use a different division of the zones, for example 3, does this change the levels of the signals sent to Tdesk? The new lines on the chart reflect the changes correctly, but the signals sent seems to continue to work on a 6-zone basis. Attached are some screenshots in real time. I only work in one timeframe (trade) the rest are disabled. You can see both pairs have "flat" signal but they are in the upper zone which should be a short signal.

If this is something that requires big modifications i am ready to pay for your effort.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Peaky forum”