Awesome + SS version + Gann High Low

The place for Peaky and Peaky-related stuff.
billv
Trader

Post by billv »

Gertje » Thu May 10, 2018 8:55 am wrote:Don’t worry about the swap, I trade the -ve swap as well and have an average swap cost of 1 pip over all trades measured.
With an average winning pip per trade of 38.2 it’s marginal.
I wouldn’t want to loose the winnings from the -ve swap trades for this.
Hi Gertje :hi:

I hear you loud and clear. :good:
I wouldn't get an average of 38.2 pips per trade on the smaller timeframes
but Ok I will start another test with the same configuration
and I will also add the 2 CAD pairs which were excluded because they had -ve swap in both directions.

As you know there are many ways to trade.
When I look at our list of pairs and see the same currency traded in different pair configurations
and knowing that one day a long trend will come, I have to be prepared for that day.

We all understand the risks involved with such an event and the pain it could inflict
so having +ve swap adding $ to our equity could prove to be a good thing.

In another thread I noticed you wrote that you prefer to use the account balance for your trade size calculation. Consistency is nice and this practice adds to the odds of recovery so many traders would do the same, BUT when things go wrong, our trade size will be increasing when our equity is decreasing and this IMHO could be a recipe for disaster ( this is especially high risk on a small trading account).

We've all experienced this pleasure in our trading lives :arrrg:
Don't get me wrong, I don't wish to criticize anyone,
I'm just pointing out some things which may not be obvious to some traders.

:!!:
lbs48
Trader

Post by lbs48 »

Hi.
Firstly - excuse my noob question please.

I thought, that both SS must alignment for trade setup.
Now it seems, that EA take trade although one SS is green and second SS red - its true (see attachment)?

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers.

BTW: DD on my demo acc continuing...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
wallywonka
Trader

Post by wallywonka »

lbs48 » Fri May 11, 2018 12:36 pm wrote:Hi.
Firstly - excuse my noob question please.

I thought, that both SS must alignment for trade setup.
Now it seems, that EA take trade although one SS is green and second SS red - its true (see attachment)?

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers.

BTW: DD on my demo acc continuing...
Trade was probably opened before the SS H4 changed direction, in other words they were both RED at the time the trade was opened but the H4 has since changed colour.
Gertje
Trader

Post by Gertje »

billv » Thu May 10, 2018 12:03 am wrote: Hi Gertje :hi:

I hear you loud and clear. :good:
I wouldn't get an average of 38.2 pips per trade on the smaller timeframes
but Ok I will start another test with the same configuration
and I will also add the 2 CAD pairs which were excluded because they had -ve swap in both directions.
What pairs are those?
I can't find them in my terminal, CAD crosses with -ve swap both ways.
In another thread I noticed you wrote that you prefer to use the account balance for your trade size calculation. Consistency is nice and this practice adds to the odds of recovery so many traders would do the same, BUT when things go wrong, our trade size will be increasing when our equity is decreasing and this IMHO could be a recipe for disaster ( this is especially high risk on a small trading account).
It doesn't only ADD to the odds of recovery, it is a MUST in my opinion.
Not sure about the recovery in Awesome, but in PoS the recovery is purely based on amount of pips, lotsizing has no deal in the closing decision. If after my initial trade the equity becomes half for some reason, I will lose on the recovery. When I use the balance for the lotsizing, the lots stay the same at least.
In both instances the trades close at the exact same moment, but one for a loss, and one for a profit.
We've all experienced this pleasure in our trading lives :arrrg:
Don't get me wrong, I don't wish to criticize anyone,
I'm just pointing out some things which may not be obvious to some traders.

:!!:
Don't get me going, I can tell more than a few "anekdotes" about shit hitting the fan.
:mrgreen:
lbs48
Trader

Post by lbs48 »

wallywonka » Fri May 11, 2018 2:36 pm wrote:
Trade was probably opened before the SS H4 changed direction, in other words they were both RED at the time the trade was opened but the H4 has since changed colour.
Hi and thanks for a reply.
I also thought that. But Difference Treshold is set to 2.0.
Therefore I think it is not possible that during 7 minutes 4h SS overcame from red over Difference Treshold to green.
Or is it possible?

Thanks and nice day!
billv
Trader

Post by billv »

Gertje » Sat May 12, 2018 12:37 am wrote: What pairs are those?
I can't find them in my terminal, CAD crosses with -ve swap both ways.
Hi Gertje :hi:
Sorry for the late reply
I double checked, its USDCAD and its slightly -ve and only with the broker I'm using for the demo test.
The other pair wasn't a CAD cross it was AUDNZD

Gertje » Sat May 12, 2018 12:37 am wrote: It doesn't only ADD to the odds of recovery, it is a MUST in my opinion.
Not sure about the recovery in Awesome, but in PoS the recovery is purely based on amount of pips, lotsizing has no deal in the closing decision. If after my initial trade the equity becomes half for some reason, I will lose on the recovery. When I use the balance for the lotsizing, the lots stay the same at least.
In both instances the trades close at the exact same moment, but one for a loss, and one for a profit.
Interesting way of thinking, I will have to repeat my testing and see how safe it is.
It is possible that it is safe enough to use because many of the "fill the gap" pending orders are not filled.

Both the POS and the Awesome will suffer from uncomfortably high DD.
I have been trying different ways to reduce it but it is an inherent characteristic of the strategy and almost impossible to eliminate

Enabling closure of trades on opposite signal seems to work best
Or alternatively a distant Stop Loss can also help but both of these methods will reduce profits.
Ideally we should be trading a largish account and not have to worry much about the DD.

If we had a large trading account then in theory we would not run out of margin and the EA could keep opening trades until it recovers, but we have to be careful with multiple pairs sharing the same currency because when a trend comes and it goes against us, we could have several pairs going against us at the same time and a big DD can become a HUGE DD in a very short time.
:shock: :shock: :shock:
lbs48
Trader

EA does not open position when conditions are met?

Post by lbs48 »

Hi all.
Toady I noticed, that all 3 SS is in one direction and Gann H/L on TF30 is in the same direction too.
But EA not open position (see attachment).
Can someone say me why please?

Notice 2. - I have not any open trade on TF 60 yet, just on 15 and 30min.

And today 0 open trades - curious.

Many thanks in advance!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
wallywonka
Trader

Post by wallywonka »

lbs48 » Mon May 21, 2018 12:29 pm wrote:Hi all.
Toady I noticed, that all 3 SS is in one direction and Gann H/L on TF30 is in the same direction too.

Many thanks in advance!
I see you are using an older version of the 3SS, try this one that has some bug fixes.

http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... 20#p161724
lbs48
Trader

Post by lbs48 »

wallywonka » Mon May 21, 2018 1:43 pm wrote:
lbs48 » Mon May 21, 2018 12:29 pm wrote:Hi all.

Many thanks in advance!
I see you are using an older version of the 3SS, try this one that has some bug fixes.

http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... 20#p161724

Hi wally.
Thanks for reply. I try change older EA for a new versipn tomorrow.

Have a nice day.

Return to “Peaky forum”