Awesome + 3SS + HGI

The place for Peaky and Peaky-related stuff.
nicolkoekoek
Trader

Awesome + 3SS + HGI

Post by nicolkoekoek »

Hi all, loving the Awesome demo a lot! :hi:
I got the EA set with minimumMarginPercent = 1500, currently I have several 0.02 trades open (total lot size 0.4 lots) and balance 5163usd with a small dd of 31usd. there are three open orders waiting to be filled.

Question:The actual margin level is currently 1241%, so what does the MinimumMarginPercent = 1500 mean? (the margin will go much more down when the rest of the open orders are filled) :?:
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Awesome + 3SS + HGI

Post by SteveHopwood »

nicolkoekoek » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:11 pm wrote:Hi all, loving the Awesome demo a lot! :hi:
I got the EA set with minimumMarginPercent = 1500, currently I have several 0.02 trades open (total lot size 0.4 lots) and balance 5163usd with a small dd of 31usd. there are three open orders waiting to be filled.

Question:The actual margin level is currently 1241%, so what does the MinimumMarginPercent = 1500 mean? (the margin will go much more down when the rest of the open orders are filled) :?:
If the EA is using my code, then pending orders will take no notice of it. These are sent when the margin > 1500 at the time they are sent. The bot will do nothing when the minimum falls below 1500 as the pending orders fill. Get used to this, or abandon the EA. Neither I or the OP here are going to do anything about this.

Some of my EA's will delete outstanding pendings when MinimumMarginPercent is breached so long as there are no open market trades. Others will not. I would happily bet you a fiver that the OP here has no idea what will happen. I do not - and I coded the bot that started all this off. It is hard to hack another coders' work, as the OP is finding.

The OP has my total support. Just don't expect him to be able to follow my original code with pinpoint accuracy. Adapting it to his own use is a frigging nightmare.

:xm: :rocket:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
nicolkoekoek
Trader

Awesome + 3SS + HGI

Post by nicolkoekoek »

SteveHopwood » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:03 pm wrote:
nicolkoekoek » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:11 pm wrote:Hi all, loving the Awesome demo a lot! :hi:

If the EA is using my code, then pending orders will take no notice of it. These are sent when the margin > 1500 at the time they are sent. The bot will do nothing when the minimum falls below 1500 as the pending orders fill. Get used to this, or abandon the EA. Neither I or the OP here are going to do anything about this.

Some of my EA's will delete outstanding pendings when MinimumMarginPercent is breached so long as there are no open market trades. Others will not. I would happily bet you a fiver that the OP here has no idea what will happen. I do not - and I coded the bot that started all this off. It is hard to hack another coders' work, as the OP is finding.

The OP has my total support. Just don't expect him to be able to follow my original code with pinpoint accuracy. Adapting it to his own use is a frigging nightmare.

:xm: :rocket:
THANKS Steve for the clarification! helps a lot. :good:
rapple
Trader

Awesome + 3SS + HGI

Post by rapple »

Hi all

Hopefully these results may create some interest in this EA.

Would be great to see some more tests on the Thomas/Rene database to confirm results

Cheers Richard
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Peaky forum”