FX VPS - Cheaper and faster than the rest!

Add you VPS promotions here
Lucky64

Post by Lucky64 »

sudhindragk » Sun May 31, 2020 1:25 pm wrote:Hi Eaymon,

Good Afternoon.

Can you please let me know how many charts can be open per Empty4 if i go for premium option?

More than running EAs i have to keep lot of charts open too and lot of VPS including FX VPS has

disappointed me in the past.

So kindly let me know as i am on the hunt again?

Regards
Sudhindra
Hello,
I am a satisfied FX VPS customer for more than a year.

Currently i have a power server (39.99) with seven Empty4 instances. 1 EA and 2 chart for each Empty4 instance. I still have room for add new Empty4 instances.

Hoping that my answer may have been helpful.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

There are some more tips at viewtopic.php?p=140819#p140819. These apply to FX VPS also. Other members contributed useful posts as well.

:xm: :rocket:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

There was a hacker attack on FX VVS tonight.

Well done Eaymon on reacting so quickly to the hacker attack.

The likes of you and shf are always going to be deeply unpopular amongst the criminals. Such attacks should be taken as a compliment from those who are against our success. They do not mean it as a compliment, but that is their problem.

Again, well done for reacting so quickly. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

Sidorenko

Post by Sidorenko »

I have moved my clients to Eaymon, now I have 6vps (it is still increasing over time) and I need to thank Steve for giving me good reviews about FXVPS' service. I received good attention and support from Eaymon and his staff. That means it's fun.

Sidorenko
SteveHopwood
Owner

Post by SteveHopwood »

Sidorenko » Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:01 pm wrote:I have moved my clients to Eaymon, now I have 6vps (it is still increasing over time) and I need to thank Steve for giving me good reviews about FXVPS' service. I received good attention and support from Eaymon and his staff. That means it's fun.

Sidorenko
It means a lot to me when a commercial service that I endorse receives the same from another member. Commercial services that endure at SHF are nearly as rare a hens' teeth, so endorsement from other members means a lot.

Here is an experience I had a couple of days ago. I logged on to my vps to find a stranger already logged on. I got in touch with Eaymon's team and had a new password within minutes. Granted, they did nothing about the stranger so that is something for them to look into, but I was not concerned. Said stranger had not done any damage and the vps holds demo accounts only. Probably just an interested passer by with the ability to hack the occasional password.

I logged out, then back in again a few hours later. Stranger was still there so I asked Eaymon's team to boot him/her/it off. This happened within minutes. No problems ever since.

So, a bit of a failure in not immediately booting the stranger off of my vps, but a total success in every other aspect.

And I am running 16 demos from my just sub $40 account. Is this magnificent service, or what?

eaymon
Trader

Post by eaymon »

SteveHopwood » Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:32 pm wrote:
Sidorenko » Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:01 pm wrote:I have moved my clients to Eaymon, now I have 6vps (it is still increasing over time) and I need to thank Steve for giving me good reviews about FXVPS' service. I received good attention and support from Eaymon and his staff. That means it's fun.

Sidorenko
It means a lot to me when a commercial service that I endorse receives the same from another member. Commercial services that endure at SHF are nearly as rare a hens' teeth, so endorsement from other members means a lot.

Here is an experience I had a couple of days ago. I logged on to my vps to find a stranger already logged on. I got in touch with Eaymon's team and had a new password within minutes. Granted, they did nothing about the stranger so that is something for them to look into, but I was not concerned. Said stranger had not done any damage and the vps holds demo accounts only. Probably just an interested passer by with the ability to hack the occasional password.

I logged out, then back in again a few hours later. Stranger was still there so I asked Eaymon's team to boot him/her/it off. This happened within minutes. No problems ever since.

So, a bit of a failure in not immediately booting the stranger off of my vps, but a total success in every other aspect.

And I am running 16 demos from my just sub $40 account. Is this magnificent service, or what?

Hi Steve,

Just as an FYI we left the user there on purpose... We kicked them out of their session(thats why it said disconnected instead of anything else), changed their password as well as the others and we were watching to see if:
A.) They attempted to get back in again (monitoring event logs)
B.) if they had another way to get in, backdoor installed/ other virus etc

After deleting them we've been monitoring to see if there is any further suspicious activity.. nothing as of yet.
SteveHopwood
Owner

Post by SteveHopwood »

eaymon » Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:48 pm wrote:
Hi Steve,

Just as an FYI we left the user there on purpose... We kicked them out of their session(thats why it said disconnected instead of anything else), changed their password as well as the others and we were watching to see if:
A.) They attempted to get back in again (monitoring event logs)
B.) if they had another way to get in, backdoor installed/ other virus etc

After deleting them we've been monitoring to see if there is any further suspicious activity.. nothing as of yet.
Thanks for the insight Eaymon. Much appreciated. :clap:

c1borg
Trader

Post by c1borg »

Can anyone recommend a cheap antivirus that runs on the Server 2012r2 :smile:
eaymon
Trader

Post by eaymon »

c1borg » Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:58 am wrote:Can anyone recommend a cheap antivirus that runs on the Server 2012r2 :smile:
cheap is a relative term :)

I rarely ever use antivirus on my VPS, and the reason is that I avoid sketchy websites and downloads on the VPS. I usually download on my personal computer or laptop and upload from there.

Some options for AV on your VPS are:

https://www.360totalsecurity.com/en/fea ... -security/ this one is free but I have limited experience with this. The only reason I say this is because I had a bad installation with a virus that this couldn't remove. I had to reinstall the operating system from a different location and it was fine. You may have a different experience if you are using it to protect from website browsing.

Other free ones like Clamwin have very bad reviews and come with malware.

There is also AVG business which runs on servers for about $47-usd
https://www.avg.com/en-ca/antivirus-business-edition

all other solutions like Sophos or vipre all run you above $100+

eaymon
c1borg
Trader

Post by c1borg »

Thanks for the info im in 2 minds but I had an attack on my VPS last year (not your fault btw) and because I use Dropbox it got into there. I think you might be right I could remove Dropbox and copy essential files regularly onto my home system which is protected, hadn't thought of that approach.

Cheers Eaymon :clap:

Actually ive found this didn't know what was available :)
https://blog.dropbox.com/topics/product ... box-rewind

Return to “VPS promotions”