J. Alencar
trader689
Trader

Slopey Peaky Bob

Post by trader689 »

:cheer: :clap: :party:
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Slopey Peaky Bob

Post by SteveHopwood »

Maybe the 100 pip individual basket TP is the sweet spot? I send a grid of 3 trades, 30 pips apart. By the time the third trade fills:
  • Trade 1 is +60.
  • Trade 2 is +30.
That is 90 pips already, so the market only has to move just shy of 3.4 pips more to hit the target.

Going well at the moment but I have a reservation. The two original SPB demos started back in December of 2018 are powering ahead again following the long slump. It could simply be that conditions are back in SPB's favour again and my trading method is benefitting from this. Only time will tell.

Good fun, though. :clap: :clap: :clap:

:xm: :rocket:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Slopey Peaky Bob

Post by SteveHopwood »

Here is a demo for you to follow, partly for fun and partly seriously.

The fun part is the opening balance of $5,000,000 and lot sizes of 5. Imagine being in that position. :lol:

The serious bit is a grid size of 4 with 20 pips in between each order. I think the individual basket TP of 100 pips is hit well before the fourth stop order fills but what passes for my brain turns to mush when trying to work this out.

We shall see. In the meantime, have fun following:

Login: 2261797
Investor: yiz0rxx

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

r1ch4rd
Trader

Slopey Peaky Bob

Post by r1ch4rd »

Hey Steve, :hi:

Really nice looking results so far. Good work. :clap:

I have just set up a £3K GP demo using Sharky to do the trading signals from TDesk.
I'm using the H4 ATR for grid distance and 125% D1 ATR as the individual pair basket TP, as well as 400 Global pips TP.
I will feedback on my findings.

Richard :xm:
SteveHopwood
Owner

Slopey Peaky Bob

Post by SteveHopwood »

r1ch4rd » Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:43 pm wrote:Hey Steve, :hi:

Really nice looking results so far. Good work. :clap:

I have just set up a £3K GP demo using Sharky to do the trading signals from TDesk.
I'm using the H4 ATR for grid distance and 125% D1 ATR as the individual pair basket TP, as well as 400 Global pips TP.
I will feedback on my findings.

Richard :xm:
Great. :clap: :clap: :clap: I look forward to that.

dclayw
Trader

Slopey Peaky Bob

Post by dclayw »

Yes it is far too early to be looking at giving up on this EA, as Steve's latest individual basket TP trading is showing. This EA employs the most useful indicator I have ever come across, the SS. The code is also as rock solid as one will find so just use it and find some settings that work for you.

Some time back I asked if Steve would add functionality to SPB so that individual basket TP could be expressed as % of ATR. I've been testing this over past months on the H4 mainly. Several years back when I did long term testing using the Holy Graily Bob 'n Dotty EA I found H4 gave me better results then D1 so I have gone back to that.

Entries based on ATR do not work for me, it generates a lot more trades but doesn't provide any or much extra profit, and is mostly detrimental. It will depend on finding the magic set of settings that will work in all environments, if such a thing exists. What I may end up doing is trading a smaller number of pairs as the lower ATR pairs generally don't perform as well for me, no matter what I use for the grid spacing.

There is another thing that has become clear (for me at least), that individual basket TPs would seem a better long term bet then either no TP, or global basket TP. Have tested both extensively over the years and have not been able to get anything that will work consistently, they leave too much on the table. Pretty much every kind of stop including trailing etc. don't work for me either.

See results below after almost 9 weeks. There are a few setting changes here and there and this is actually with Peaky disabled, what I call "native SS", it's still SPB though. It uses 400% ATR for individual basket TP, which on H4 equates to around 200 pips for the highest ATR pair. Also I keep my demo/live trading environments similar and due to leverage restrictions imposed by Australian regulator last year this is trading 0.01 lots/$20k so keep that in mind when looking at net% etc. Even then I still have to use margin protection (forexkiwi). Leverage for me is 1:30 on major pairs so I'm not trading NZD pairs anymore because those are 1:20.

These results aren't too bad but as Steve said this could just be current market conditions. Once again time will tell, but I am getting older ......
TradeReport.png
TradeChart.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
trader689
Trader

Slopey Peaky Bob

Post by trader689 »

looks fantastic dclayw, please keep us posted

trader
SteveHopwood
Owner

Slopey Peaky Bob

Post by SteveHopwood »

trader689 » Sat Dec 11, 2021 1:35 pm wrote:looks fantastic dclayw, please keep us posted

trader
Seconded :clap: :clap: :clap:

SteveHopwood
Owner

Slopey Peaky Bob

Post by SteveHopwood »

Slow week last week and the first time that DD pulled ahead of banked profits for the week so there are still open positions.

The original demo last week:
Last week.png
Total so far:
Cumulative.png
The £5,000,000 account:
Last week huge deposit.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Super Slope EA's”