Slopey Peaky Bob

SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Slopey Peaky Bob

Post by SteveHopwood »

Z2TT » Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:27 pm wrote:Hi All.

Like a couple of others, I'm unable to load the "Slopey Peaky Bob Latest Version", it appears under Experts when I open Empty4, double clicking on it does nothing, and right click and "Attach to chart" does not work.

The 10,000 pips version works fine.

I have tried on another machine and same issue.

The files that Taipan uploaded work fine.

I'm curious to know why the latest version of SPB doesn't load on my end.
Manually trying to compile it in Empty4 doesn't work either.

Using Gobal Prime Empty4 V 4.00 Build 1170 - 20 Dec 2018
Others have explained how to solve the problem.

That it arose is my fault as I did not explain the need to download extra files properly. I will fix this later.

:xm: :rocket:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
Z2TT

Slopey Peaky Bob

Post by Z2TT »

Thankyou all. I do recall trying those included files however I probably put them in the wrong folder, I will try put those files in again. If issues persist I'll post a log.

Cheers.
snowy
Trader

Slopey Peaky Bob

Post by snowy »

Hi,

I'm trying to use this fantastic EA now since a couple of months, but I don't have any luck running it for longer than a few weeks, since it always goes wild with those frequently opening and closing pending orders from time to time. Global Prime is then always closing my demo accounts (sorry Jem) and I try again with the latest version. I double-checked my settings, these are almost 100% defaults... I cannot find the problem. :oops:

My last try was version 2q, which is the latest. It ran fine from July 28th until yesterday, when AUDCAD kicked in.

Attached:
- my setting
- default setting (attached EA to chart, hit Reset-Button, saved setfile)
- expert log
- journal log

Maybe anyone has a clue what's wrong? Many thanks in advance for help and of course for the great work on this masterpiece!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tomele
Administrator

Slopey Peaky Bob

Post by tomele »

snowy » 05 Sep 2019, 14:19 wrote:Hi,

I'm trying to use this fantastic EA now since a couple of months, but I don't have any luck running it for longer than a few weeks, since it always goes wild with those frequently opening and closing pending orders from time to time. Global Prime is then always closing my demo accounts (sorry Jem) and I try again with the latest version. I double-checked my settings, these are almost 100% defaults... I cannot find the problem. :oops:

My last try was version 2q, which is the latest. It ran fine from July 28th until yesterday, when AUDCAD kicked in.

Attached:
- my setting
- expert log
- journal log

Maybe anyone has a clue what's wrong? Many thanks in advance for help and of course for the great work on this masterpiece!
Yes, I can confirm this. Steve has released a new version minutes ago. Try this.
Happy pippin, Thomas :-BD

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble.
It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
(Mark Twain)

Keep the coder going: Donate
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Slopey Peaky Bob

Post by SteveHopwood »

tomele » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:22 pm wrote:
snowy » 05 Sep 2019, 14:19 wrote:Hi,

Attached:
- my setting
- expert log
- journal log

Yes, I can confirm this. Steve has released a new version minutes ago. Try this.
It is a new member of the tribe with a different trade trigger.

I haven't a clue what is causing snowy's problems - especially as it has not happened on my live trading account or any of the 14 demos I am running.

Hey ho.

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

snowy
Trader

Slopey Peaky Bob

Post by snowy »

tomele » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:22 pm wrote: Yes, I can confirm this. Steve has released a new version minutes ago. Try this.
SteveHopwood » Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:02 am wrote: It is a new member of the tribe with a different trade trigger.

I haven't a clue what is causing snowy's problems - especially as it has not happened on my live trading account or any of the 14 demos I am running.

Hey ho.

Thank you 2! I've set everything up with the last version and will try. Have a nice weekend!
lamdog330
Trader

Slopey Peaky Bob

Post by lamdog330 »

I tried but couldn't find a set file for SS that display as per the manual.
I believe I managed to make it

For Slopey Peaky Bob:
• Blue means buy.
• Red means sell.
• White means do nothing.

Please let me know if it's not accurate.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SteveHopwood
Owner

Slopey Peaky Bob

Post by SteveHopwood »

lamdog330 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:12 am wrote:I tried but couldn't find a set file for SS that display as per the manual.
I believe I managed to make it

For Slopey Peaky Bob:
• Blue means buy.
• Red means sell.
• White means do nothing.

Please let me know if it's not accurate.
That is correct. I think I explained this in the manual, so sing out if not and I will amend it.

Having said that, you are one of those here who are supposed to have a tad more than bog-basic understanding of what is going on, and should not need a set file provided by someone else to work out some colours for yourself. Look at the SS inputs.

MurphyMan
Trader

Recovery in action

Post by MurphyMan »

I don't know about you folks but this Brexit thing has been a very trying situation, expecially when it comes to SPB. In just over a month I went from a comfortable wining position to almost a margin call. I think I watched my Margin Level drop to almost 100% and I was beginning to think it was time to throw in the Forex towel. Fortunately, things have turned around and I'm almost back up to my pre-Brexit crash position.

That aside, I wanted to show how well SPB's Recovery is working (I'm on V. 2o). I have had at least three issues close during a successful recovery. I'm showing you my EURJPY, which has not yet closed, but is a good story-time example. BTW, my recovery settings are:
Number of trades that must be open for Recovery: 5
The number of losers to try to close out at the break even: 2
RecoveryProfitCash: 5

In the chart below, you see that starting July 1, four buy trades were taken as the pair was taking it's dive. SPB stopped taking trades, as the trading conditions were no longer met, and the skid continued.

About September 3, we hit bottom and the pair started it's rise. A couple weeks later it started taking buy trades again and if it keeps rising this issue will trip Recovery, I'm guessing around the 120.75 level and with a bit of profit.

So, we might say "Sam, if it's on a rise, why close everything?" Well, I'm tired of holding these larger trades, especially when they are eating so much margin, over such a long period of time.

Earlier today my GBPJPI triggered recovery. I had two bad trades which opened on July 1, close out and four in profit and I still netted $72. So I am happy with that.
Screenshot_20190917-145644.png
Last edited by MurphyMan on Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
tomele
Administrator

Recovery in action

Post by tomele »

MurphyMan » 17 Sep 2019, 22:02 wrote:I don't know about you folks
Well, when it comes to SPB3, I am more the fan of a hands-off, balls-o-steel approach instead of panicking and hedging and recovering. My live account was 20 percent in the green before all the turmoil, then went 20% into the red and now recovered by itself to more than 50% in the green. About what should I worry exactly?
XAUUSDfH4.png
And there is still a lot of potential:
GBPJPYfH1.png
We will see what happens. My faith in SPB3 is strong enough to totally let it do its own thingy. Always assumed the account size to trade size relation is sane (10k / 0.01 lots for SPB3 having 350 trades open).

Cheers
Thomas
Happy pippin, Thomas :-BD

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble.
It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
(Mark Twain)

Keep the coder going: Donate

Return to “Super Slope EA's”