Slopey Peaky Bob

Wavegarrick
Trader

Slopey Peaky Bob

Post by Wavegarrick »

Hi Guys

I must say that I am guilty of posting a setfile or so. I have looked at Steves reasoning and a great post from "Who knows". I can see arguments from all sides and I know Steves reasoning has a valid argument. The reason I like to to see setfiles and performances is because it creates interest in a topic and proactive testing with more ideas coming through the ranks. Gertje is a perfect example of this. Free loaders, well I have no time for them as well..

Just my opinion
Cheers
Leon
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Slopey Peaky Bob

Post by SteveHopwood »

This has turned into an interesting debate. Let's continue it here; I can always move it to its own thread further down the line.

Let's open it up beyond the scope I would normally allow.

The Brains around here are those who originally persuaded me not to ban the posting of setfiles.

What about the noobs? Why have you asked for a setfile? Because you are new and confused? Because you have failed repeatedly to make any money from Forex trading? Because you think that guys posting brilliant results must know more than you? Because you have the intellectual clout of lettuce and need someone else to do your thinking for you?

Hehe. I wonder how many will admit to that last one?

I do, without the needing others to do my thinking for me. Compared to the likes of Rene, Tommaso, Thomas, Bob et al, I am an intellectual pygmy. I know how it feels, guys.

:xm: :rocket:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
bishopdotun
Trader

Slopey Peaky Bob

Post by bishopdotun »

SPB Wk1-4 Report
SPB - Wk4 Report.PNG
Key Learnings:
- Keep a safe distance between trades to avoid overtrading. I use 50% of Daily ADR
- Since this is genius Peaky implementation, most pairs often complete their cycle.
- The bot sells from the top half if Peaky is down and buys from the bottom half if Peaky is up. Somehow, market will move the trade either by news or just PA. It might take a while though
- I prefer the long term trades so I use Daily SS 1.5 threshold and H4 peaky at 1682. I wanted to replicate Gerje's result in the PoS forum. I struggled to implement his logic with Peaky even though i used his setfile. SPB made life easy. So I agree with Steve's and Gerje's comments on setfiles
- To reduce the impact of news for new trades, i disabled instant market order
- Trade closure by individual pairs and global pairs at $25 & $50 respectively

SGB just managed to BE this week.

Happy weekend.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Slopey Peaky Bob

Post by SteveHopwood »

bishopdotun » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:12 pm wrote:SPB Wk1-4 Report

Key Learnings:
- Keep a safe distance between trades to avoid overtrading. I use 50% of Daily ADR
- Since this is genius Peaky implementation, most pairs often complete their cycle.
- The bot sells from the top half if Peaky is down and buys from the bottom half if Peaky is up. Somehow, market will move the trade either by news or just PA. It might take a while though
- I prefer the long term trades so I use Daily SS 1.5 threshold and H4 peaky at 1682. I wanted to replicate Gerje's result in the PoS forum. I struggled to implement his logic with Peaky even though i used his setfile. SPB made life easy. So I agree with Steve's and Gerje's comments on setfiles
- To reduce the impact of news for new trades, i disabled instant market order
- Trade closure by individual pairs and global pairs at $25 & $50 respectively

SGB just managed to BE this week.

Happy weekend.
Lovely 4 weeks results there. Most encouraging.

I will add ADR to automate the distance between trades.

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

barry
Trader

Slopey Peaky Bob

Post by barry »

I think we are all about collaborating here, and sharing setfiles is an important way to collaborate. Forex is hard enough, without putting up additional barriers (such as a ban on setfiles).
danjuma
Trader

Slopey Peaky Bob

Post by danjuma »

Tried to demo one of the first Slopey EAs (SCB) but was getting errors, which I got banned then for mentioning, so could not continue with the demo. I will try and demo SPB. Just one thing with regards to the inputs that I am not clear about (It is not explained in the user guide, and going through ‘Baluda’s Super CSS-2.0’ did not shed any light), and a clarification will be much appreciated. Under the inputs for ‘Trend time frame Super Slope’, what does ‘HtfSsMaxBars’ mean? The default is 0 in the OOTB settings, should it be 0? Thank you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SteveHopwood
Owner

Slopey Peaky Bob

Post by SteveHopwood »

danjuma » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:35 am wrote:Tried to demo one of the first Slopey EAs (SCB) but was getting errors, which I got banned then for mentioning, so could not continue with the demo. I will try and demo SPB. Just one thing with regards to the inputs that I am not clear about (It is not explained in the user guide, and going through ‘Baluda’s Super CSS-2.0’ did not shed any light), and a clarification will be much appreciated. Under the inputs for ‘Trend time frame Super Slope’, what does ‘HtfSsMaxBars’ mean? The default is 0 in the OOTB settings, should it be 0? Thank you.
Nice spot.

These two lines of code are left behind from before Paul sent me the code to encapsulate the indi within an EA:

Code: Select all

extern int     HtfSsMaxBars              = 0;
extern bool    HtfSsAutoTimeFrame        = true;
They are both redundant and can be safely removed from the code. I have some revisions to release and will remove them from the releases.

danjuma
Trader

Slopey Peaky Bob

Post by danjuma »

SteveHopwood » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:42 am wrote:
danjuma » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:35 am wrote:Tried to demo one of the first Slopey EAs (SCB) but was getting errors, which I got banned then for mentioning, so could not continue with the demo. I will try and demo SPB. Just one thing with regards to the inputs that I am not clear about (It is not explained in the user guide, and going through ‘Baluda’s Super CSS-2.0’ did not shed any light), and a clarification will be much appreciated. Under the inputs for ‘Trend time frame Super Slope’, what does ‘HtfSsMaxBars’ mean? The default is 0 in the OOTB settings, should it be 0? Thank you.
Nice spot.

These two lines of code are left behind from before Paul sent me the code to encapsulate the indi within an EA:

Code: Select all

extern int     HtfSsMaxBars              = 0;
extern bool    HtfSsAutoTimeFrame        = true;
They are both redundant and can be safely removed from the code. I have some revisions to release and will remove them from the releases.

Thank you sir!
sudhindragk
Trader

Slopey Peaky Bob

Post by sudhindragk »

Will test the following as per Bishops setting on Global Prime
tomele
Administrator

Did you know ...

Post by tomele »

... that Slopey Peaky Bob is now compatible with the tests database?

You can upload your results and get a clue by reading here: http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... 105&t=5405

If you dont want to participate, set "WriteFileForTestDatabase" to false. Otherwise your template directory will get cluttered with files you dont need.

Cheers

:rocket:
Happy pippin, Thomas :-BD

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble.
It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
(Mark Twain)

Keep the coder going: Donate

Return to “Super Slope EA's”