Slopey Peaky Bob

tomele
Administrator

Slopey Peaky Bob

Post by tomele »

Quid pro quo, Steve.

A group of dedicated and cooperating individuals can achieve a lot.
That is what SHF always was about, wasn't it?

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
Happy pippin, Thomas :-BD

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble.
It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
(Mark Twain)

Keep the coder going: Donate
rapple
Trader

Slopey Peaky Bob

Post by rapple »

tomele » Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:52 am wrote:Quid pro quo, Steve.

Agreed :clap: :clap: :clap:
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Slopey Peaky Bob

Post by SteveHopwood »

Yep. And the cooperation amongst SHF members is just plain extraordinary. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Long may it continue.

:xm: :rocket:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
Ehrenmat
Trader

Slopey Peaky Bob

Post by Ehrenmat »

SteveHopwood » Yesterday, 21:24 wrote:Thomas, you would have to be inside my brain to know just how thrilled I am by your post.

Just as with Gertje and PoS, I am monumentally proud that your success is based on software that I created.

Fantastic stuff. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :!!: :!!: :!!: :!!: :!!: :!!: :!!: :!!: :!!: :!!: :!!: :!!: :!!:
Steve! Not only your software but the whole SHF platform made all of this possible!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thank you for staying patient all these years and thank you for consequently separating the wheat from the chaff in terms of all the forum posts! :mrgreen:
tomele » Yesterday, 22:52 wrote:Quid pro quo, Steve.

I can only affirm what you say, Thomas. The SHF community is the best example out there of a perfect cooperation and collaboration between some most precious individuals.

Thank you so much, Thomas for giving us TDesk!!

:!!: :!!: :!!: :!!: :!!:
Remember: A few hours of trial and error can save you minutes of looking at the README
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Slopey Peaky Bob

Post by SteveHopwood »

I have added Desky's scale out stop loss to SPB. Post 1. I have not updated the version number. You will know your download has failed if the new scale out inputs do not appear immediately above the lot sizing inputs.

I have done this by creating an Include file that goes in your platform's /Include folder - "Slopey Peaky Bob.mqh".

I shall add the relevant calls to the Include file to all the SPB tribe over the coming days. In the meantime, should you wish to add it yourselves, then this .pdf in post 1 explains how: Adding the “Slopey Peaky Bob.mqh” Include File

It is a simple process.

I have chosen this route rather than simply adding Desky's code to all the SPB tribe members so that future enhancements/ideas can be incorporated into one .mqh file rather than having to copy/paste umpteen times.

Pity I did not think of this 12 months ago. Hey ho. God would have given me brains if She had intended me to be an intelligent coder. :arrrg:

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

MurphyMan
Trader

Slopey Peaky Bob

Post by MurphyMan »

As Steve said in his weekly wrap-up, this is a good time of the year to lay low. Take a look at the downward spike on GPBUSD last January 2. It was nasty and if you had any sells pending it would have been sorrowful.

So for myself, I have turned Peaky off and deleted all my pendings. Probably fire it up the second week of January.
Gertje
Trader

Slopey Peaky Bob

Post by Gertje »

MurphyMan » Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:50 pm wrote:As Steve said in his weekly wrap-up, this is a good time of the year to lay low. Take a look at the downward spike on GPBUSD last January 2. It was nasty and if you had any sells pending it would have been sorrowful.

So for myself, I have turned Peaky off and deleted all my pendings. Probably fire it up the second week of January.
I had to check, but GBPUSD was already in the bottom 6th on the H4 at that time, not a sensible spot to have sells pendings in the first place.

I’m having a ball at the moment selling the GBP, and expect some more fireworks down the road.
With sensitive lotsizing, one can trade through the holiday season and end with a healthy profit.
I have to keep working anyway, only have the 31st of December off, so I keep an eye on the markets as I do usuall.

Have a good time everybody, and all the best for 2020!
:xm:
SteveHopwood
Owner

Slopey Peaky Bob

Post by SteveHopwood »

I have updated my live progress report. See the bottom of post 2.

SteveHopwood
Owner

Slopey Peaky Bob

Post by SteveHopwood »

I have added a scale-back-in feature to the Slopey Peaky Bob.mgh include file. Please read the explanation at http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... 97#p169297 until I update the user guide.

SteveHopwood
Owner

Slopey Peaky Bob

Post by SteveHopwood »

V 2r is in post 1. You will need the "SPB core library.mqh" file in your platform's Include folder for it to run. You will not need the "Slopey Peaky Bob.mqh" file any longer and I will delete it once I have converted the remaining members of the Slopey tribe.

This version is for those of you using SPB as a single order trader. It has the option to hide your TP and SL - the input is HideStopLossAndTakeProfit, immediately below StopLossPips. This is the same function I added to Desky recently.

It also has Desky's scale out stop loss and Candle Power's scale back in function. Details in the updated user guide. I am not sure the code is accurate yet - my first attempt was not quite right but I saw the incorrect coding immediately I looked. It just has not been proven yet.

Coders: I have converted Candle Power and I will post it as soon as I have written notes for you. This will be the version to use when you are adding your own trade triggers.

Return to “Super Slope EA's”