Slopey Peaky Bob

Slopey Peaky Bob

Postby echoman01 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:36 pm

Prepare thyself for the wrath of Hopwood...
echoman01

Slopey Peaky Bob

Postby SteveHopwood » Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:00 pm

echoman01 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:36 pm wrote:Prepare thyself for the wrath of Hopwood...

Not this time. I did not make the need for TDeskSignal.mqh obvious in post 1 and have added a note to that effect.

Besides, he sorted himself out. :clap:

:xm: :rocket:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Global Prime is the official SHF broker. Click here to sign up for a live account with Global Prime and join the several thousand SHF members who wisely choose GP as their broker of choice.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Tommaso (milanese) for all the incredible work he does here.
SteveHopwood

Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Slopey Peaky Bob

Postby n229vxhbx » Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:10 pm

Phew! :roll:

On a more serious note, thanks for this thread Steve et al. I've been consistently losing money, ur, I mean trading Forex, for a few years now and the cautionary tales and stories of success on this forum have really helped me out this past few weeks, through this market turmoil (and the associated stresses). I'm going back to basics, and going to try get myself out of this rather large hole I've dug myself into. Thanks for the inspiration.
n229vxhbx

Slopey Peaky Bob

Postby Promixer » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:03 pm

Hi all,

I would like to start SPB on my VPS and I am confused where to start to have everything right.

Is post #1 latest for all indicators and EA files?

As second, can someone provide best setfile for this EA, so I dont loose time with this too. Or is default one already fine?

Many thanks for answers.
Promixer

Slopey Peaky Bob

Postby n229vxhbx » Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:42 pm

Promixer » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:03 pm wrote:Hi all,

I would like to start SPB on my VPS and I am confused where to start to have everything right.

Is post #1 latest for all indicators and EA files?

As second, can someone provide best setfile for this EA, so I dont loose time with this too. Or is default one already fine?

Many thanks for answers.

Oh buddy...

OK, Steve diligently updates his posts as new work is done so that post is up to date. Read it, and re-read it, everything is there (I know cause I set it all up a week ago). The only piece of info thats not readily offered up as it is common knowledge, that if you have an mq4 file you'll need to use metaeditor to compile it into its ex4 component before it'll run. if you get really stuck, drop me a PM, I'll try to help (if Steve doesn't perma-ban you for that heinous "loose" lose debacle!).
n229vxhbx

Slopey Peaky Bob

Postby SteveHopwood » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:08 pm

V 2s is in post 1, in response to a member finding that filling the gap in a grid sometimes failed because the new stop order would breech his broker's maximum trades per platform limit. You do not need 2s if your broker has no maximum.

The code deletes the highest buy stop and lowest sell stop when necessary.

Easy to DIY. Search for:
sendPrice = NormalizeDouble(price - (distanceBetweenTrades / factor), digits);

Insert this block immediately above
Code: [Select all]
 Please Login or Register to see this content
<

Then search for:
sendPrice = NormalizeDouble(price + (distanceBetweenTrades / factor), digits);
Insert this block immediately above
Code: [Select all]
 Please Login or Register to see this content
<

Global Prime is the official SHF broker. Click here to sign up for a live account with Global Prime and join the several thousand SHF members who wisely choose GP as their broker of choice.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

My special thanks to Tommaso (milanese) for all the incredible work he does here.
SteveHopwood

Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Slopey Peaky Bob

Postby billv » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:35 pm

SteveHopwood » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:08 am wrote:V 2s is in post 1, in response to a member finding that filling the gap in a grid sometimes failed because the new stop order would breech his broker's maximum trades per platform limit.

The other thing people can do, is to go through all traded pairs and delete some of the oldest pending orders.
Alternatively, they can open accounts with Global Prime who allow more open trades,
Actually I just checked with Mikey at GP because I though there was a limit of 300 but he says there is no limit, your EA can place as many pending orders as it needs but whether you have enough margin or not to trigger them depends on the funds in your account.
The crappy brokers only allow 200 trades and this is because they take all trades in-house and they don't want you to win.
billv

Slopey Peaky Bob

Postby SteveHopwood » Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:18 pm

I shut down and stayed out of the markets for a few weeks.

At the start of this week I thought, "What the hell? Markets go up. Then they go down. Then they go up. Then they go down....................." and restarted SPB on my live trading account.

Mind, I am not trading a $500 starter account here. My live trading account can laugh at a lot of DD, so take no false comfort from what I am about to post.

Fact us, it was a good week.
XAUUSDDaily.png

That is one 1,000 pip basket closed per day Monday to Thursday. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

This has not happened before. It will probably never happen again.

For now and for a change, I am crowing triumphantly.

I wish all of you who follow here equal success. Fact is, timing is everything and I just happened to get in on the start of some decent moves. No doubt but that this time next week I will be in my usual position of -3,000 pips. Hey ho. :arrrg:

For now: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :!!: :!!: :!!: :!!: :!!: :!!: :!!: :!!: :!!: :!!: :!!: :!!: :!!: :!!: :!!: :!!: :!!: :!!: :!!:

I do not often get to post like this.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SteveHopwood

Slopey Peaky Bob

Postby SilverTrader » Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:59 am

A spot of good luck is always most welcome, well done Steve.
It has indeed been a good trading time, for counter trend strategies, my own manual trading has paid off way better than it normally does in these times so at this stage anyway, I share in your joy.

:clap: :!!: :clap: :!!: :clap:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kind Regards
Wayne

Never look down on a person, unless you plan to help him up!
SilverTrader

Slopey Peaky Bob

Postby SteveHopwood » Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:25 am

Today we celebrate.

I started Thomas's adaptation of SPB for the challenge, on 12th Jan 2019 - using FXT-SPB-3. The challenge is long over and we have added many bells and whistles to the bot, but I left it running to see what happened.

The initial deposit was $10,000. Last night the equity reached double that figure. There were trades open so I closed them because I wanted to see the $20,000, so the balance is now $20,269.

XAUUSDH1.png

You probably need to load the pic into a new tab if you want to see the details - I do.

So that is a doubling of the account in just over 15 months, using 0.01 lot sizing. I have recklessly doubled the lot size to 0.02 in the hope of doubling again in the next seven and a half months. :lol:

This proves that SPB is a successful trading EA so long as the trader has:

SPB is not quite what I had hoped for - an EA that noobs could leave on a $1,000 deposit starter account. Candle Power and Moving Day are the most likely candidates for that and I have them both trading live a small account that I split off from my main trading account. We shall see. For now:

:party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :!!: :!!: :!!: :!!: :!!: :!!: :!!: :!!: :!!: :!!: :!!: :!!: :!!: :!!: :!!: :!!:

SteveHopwood

PreviousNext

Return to Super Slope EA's