Slopey family general discussion and reports

SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

The Slopey family is quite large, so this thread is for general Slopey discussion. Feel free to: post individual Slopey results here or in the EA thread; talk about individual family members here where everyone will see your posts; suggest different trade triggers.

Anything Slopey related, even if only tangentially - I have no idea at this stage how, or even if, this thread will develop.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have been able to demo all of the family using pretty much OOTB inputs, thanks to Eaymon's fabulous Power VPS (http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... 103&t=5282), on Global Prime demos (http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... =52&t=1475). Being able to demo everything I have produced lately is a new luxury for me, and worth every penny of the subscription.

I have written before that my personal Holy Grail is to produce an EA that can be left unattended on the tiny starter accounts that are all that most people can afford. I started the accounts with $300 before I remembered that GP's minimum deposit is $500 and changed to that. Griddy was too much for the original $300 and is not suitable for tiny accounts, so I restarted with a $1,000 deposit.

I am thrilled by this family. The only loser has been Moving. This lost from the start and continued to do so, so I stopped the demo and abandoned that member of the family.

Of the others, all are in profit and the only one not shut down and flat for the weekend is Crossy with retrace trading disabled. DD is roughly a third of banked profits - +542 closed with -192 still open. I am going to replace the current version with the Experimental, to see what impact that has. Of the rest, in pips since loading:
  • Peaky: +1,654
  • Griddy: +845
  • Holy: +504
  • Buddha +241
There is a Stochy version on the way.

:xm: :rocket:

I am testing 5 versions of the Slopey family:
  • Slopey Peaky Bob
  • Slopey Buddha Bob
  • Slopey Reverse Buddha Bob
  • Slopey Griddy Bob
  • Slopey Holy Bob
  • Also available is the bot that started all this off - Slopey Crossy Bob, but it was a failure.
Cumulative results to 18th May 2018 (pips):
Peaky +8918
Holy +1281
Reverse +700
Griddy +290 but still losing cash - balance is $925 from $1,000 deposit
Buddha -904
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
SWG123
Trader

Post by SWG123 »

Great results across the board Steve for pips banked - how do they compare for drawdown? I've been running SCB on a GP live account and have to say I've never felt so confident about leaving an EA to its own devices :good:
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

SWG123 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:17 pm wrote:Great results across the board Steve for pips banked - how do they compare for drawdown?
I do not know. Too much going on at any one time to monitor the performance regularly.

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

bishopdotun
Trader

Post by bishopdotun »

SPB result for Wk1-2
SPB - WK2.png
SPB remains my favourite.

SGB is not doing bad either. 2 baskets of $30 closed and the 3rd is heading to profit land. Will share the results later.

:rocket:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SteveHopwood
Owner

Post by SteveHopwood »

Results 18-23 Feb. Not a great week:

Buddha +162
Griddy +53
Peaky 0
Holy -162
Slopey Experimental -242

I have added a cumulative results section to the bottom of post 1.

SteveHopwood
Owner

Post by SteveHopwood »

Mixed week this week. All platforms shut down for the weekend:

Peaky +1419
Buddha +344
Experimental +112
Holy -98
Griddy -174

Cumulative totals in post 1. Peaky is emerging as the winner by many country miles, so far.

All this courtesy of Eaymon's Power vps at http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... 103&t=5282. I would not be running these tests without it.

:xm:

lamdog330
Trader

Post by lamdog330 »

- SPB was doing great at +1000 pips and it reversed Wednesday night (PST) and now at -1500 pips. This was on default settings. CrappyT4 works at mysterious ways. I will reinstall and set it up again for Monday and hope will get same results as everyone.

- Holy Graily Bob 'n Thomas multi-pair and dashboard EA ended with +1500 pips.
Last edited by lamdog330 on Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
SteveHopwood
Owner

Post by SteveHopwood »

I forgot to mention earlier and now added to the post; all accounts now flat for the weekend.

I wish I could say that for my live trading account and it mass of historical medium-term trades. Hey ho.

bishopdotun
Trader

Post by bishopdotun »

Echoing Steve's comments.

SPB is by far the leader.
Report after 3 weeks
SPB - WK3.png
SGB is coming closely behind
Report after 3 weeks
SGB - WK3.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SWG123
Trader

Post by SWG123 »

Slopey Crossy Bob cumulative since February 13 (14 trading days) GP live:-

Return to “Super Slope EA's”