Slopey Peaky Bob Yankee Doodle

Kopan
Trader

Post by Kopan »

NOTE BY STEVE. The only difference between Kopan's offering here and my version is that Kopan's is fully compliant with the absurd FIFO regulations. The trading code is identical. This thread is locked to avoid people duplicating information/suggestions/requests for information. Please make any comments/offer results in http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... 59#p159559

SERIOUS WARNING

Most Forex traders lose all their money.
Using the robot posted here in trading Forex does not guarantee success.
Trading this robot could lead to serious financial loss.

Trading this robot without understanding its underlying trading strategies guarantees traders will lose their money.

This is not a set-and-forget ea; there is no such thing and anyone who tries to claim there is, is either stupid or lying. This ea requires frequent manual intervention.

At best, a trading robot is only 90% as good as the manual strategy it trades. At best. At worst, it can be much less effective. If the strategy is rubbish, so is the robot.
To trade this robot, you have to understand:
How to use EA's.
Super Slope from BALUDA'S SUPER CSS-2.0. THE SIMPLEST TRADING SYSTEM EVER
/viewtopic.php?p=142851#p142851 Peaky.
//+++

To: The SH test group community,

From the other side of the pond, I was feeling left out of all the superb work that has gone into creating the Slopey Peaky EA family and the Coordinated Group Test Environment.

This is my doodling attempt at converting the successful Slopey Peaky Bob (SPB) EA to an American version that is fully compliant with U.S. FIFO regulations.

The OOTB default settings are just that, default settings. With SPB there is a solid foundation to start from.

The U.S. version has not yet undergone any robust testing. Compromises have been made, therefore test results will be different from the original. Specifically it has a significantly different approach to "Trade Closure" than the original.

IMPORTANT:
Using SPB as a baseline, we need your help to assist in confirming the best input parameters for the U.S. FIFO compliant version.

Cheers! - Kopan :cheer:
//+++

//+++<FIFO COMPROMISES>++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++//
These are the compromises that have been made in order to adapt <Slopey Peaky Bob> to comply with U.S. FIFO REGULATIONS.

(1) If extern parameters <USE_FIFO_GRID_TRADING> is TRUE AND <GridSize> is set to > 0
Then this EA becomes a <multiple trade> per/currency EA BUT ---> all trades must be closed via a Symbol Basket Closure or Global Basket Closure.

(2): If extern parameters <USE_FIFO_GRID_TRADING> is FALSE OR <GridSize> is set to = 0
Then this becomes a <single trade> per currency EA and individual trade TP and SL functionality becomes available BUT ---> NO Grid Trading
//++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++//

UPDATE: June 23, 2018
Version 1.04 incorporates new functionality form SPB ver 1q
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Kopan on Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:55 am, edited 7 times in total.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

Thanks for posting this. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: I thought I had the FIFO nonsense covered. Clearly not - probably because I am not a victim of it.

I will give this a bump in my wrup later.

It is difficult to read somebody else's code, so get in touch by PM if you need any of it explaining.

:xm: :rocket:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

tomele » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:38 pm wrote:Hi fellow traders.

Kopan has sent me his version at the beginning of last week for a sanity check. What I could see, it works flawless and I really like it. Please take it for a test drive.

Those of you who are FXTestify members might know that I am running a very interesting long-time test of SPB with not-so-bad results: 27,000 pips in 13 weeks.

This test has a secret I want to explain to you: When I started, there was a flaw in the SPB code that prevented it from closing trades on Friday. But I had set up my test to not use any closure than that on Friday. So all trades stayed open for several weeks and I just watched the profits pile up. It made 20,000 pips in the first five weeks. I took the money off the table and started the same game again. It made 10,000 pips in the next 5 weeks. I am in the third cycle now.

SPB starts these cycles very slowly and then gets faster and faster as the open trade count increases. I want to find out the right point to close the cycles and start a new one. I propose another small coordinated group test within the whole FXTestify testing project. We would take KOPAN-SPB and change ONLY the basket profit target as our only closing mechanism. Those of you interested, please continue here: https://etherpad.wikimedia.org/p/kopan-spb-test. Patience will be key.

I would really appreciate all support for this little project. For any questions, feel free to contact me.

Thanks to all.
Thomas
You guys might want to hang on for 24 hours.

John (1of3) has just sent me a version with a cash basket trailing stop implemented. I will redo the user guide and post the version in the morning. Kopan will be able to add the functionality when I tell him where to look.

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

Kopan
Trader

Post by Kopan »

<On Hold> until we receive the latest update from you Steve. When the underlying SPB code is ready, I will incorporate the changes and republish a fresh version of SPB Yankee Doodle. :good:
Kopan
Trader

Post by Kopan »

Latest version published in post #1. It incorporates the SPB ver 1o baseline code with the Basket Trailing Stop feature created by 1of3.

Courtesy of Steve, I have also attached the SPB User Guide with the Yankee Doodle modification explanations added at the bottom of his document.
tomele
Administrator

Post by tomele »

Hi guys.

I had the chance to test drive early version of it. Ty (@kopan) definitely knows what he is doing. If you are living in the land that once was great and now is made hated again (sorry), this EA is a must.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Cheers
Thomas
Happy pippin, Thomas :-BD

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble.
It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
(Mark Twain)

Keep the coder going: Donate
SteveHopwood
Owner

Post by SteveHopwood »

Kopan » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:25 pm wrote:Latest version published in post #1. It incorporates the SPB ver 1o baseline code with the Basket Trailing Stop feature created by 1of3.

Courtesy of Steve, I have also attached the SPB User Guide with the Yankee Doodle modification explanations added at the bottom of his document.
Pile in and feast US members. SPB is something special. Being able to trade with it in the US in total certainty is fantastic.

Kopan
Trader

Post by Kopan »

Updated EA file with 1 internal code change required for proper grid trading. Set file parameters remain unchanged.

New version 1.03 is located in Post #1
Kopan
Trader

Post by Kopan »

Apologies - I uploaded ver 1.03 too quickly, I should have waited for the underlying changes to the updated SPB version 1q.

The new SPB (1q)version has some significant changes none of which impact FIFO directly. However I strongly recommend that you use the latest Yankee version 1.04 which incorporates all of the new functionality from SPB. Some very nice enhancements have been added. :clap:

Version 1.04 is now available in Post #1.

Updated SPB ver 1q User Guide with Yankee Doodle adds has also been added in Post #1.
SteveHopwood
Owner

Post by SteveHopwood »

Kopan » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:22 pm wrote:Apologies - I uploaded ver 1.03 too quickly, I should have waited for the underlying changes to the updated SPB version 1q.
You were not to know that these updates were coming. I will inform you in the future if they are coming. My apologies for not having done so today.

Folks, Kopan is not creating an 'alternative' version of SPB. He is creating a version guaranteed to work under those absurd US FIFO rules. His and mine are the same other than this: his are adapted to work with FIFO for US clients.

Kopan, I thank you on behalf of all our US SHF members. I hope you are able to continue to transform the code so that they can trade the EA profitably.

Return to “Super Slope EA's”