Slopey Peaky Bob's Candle Power

SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

SERIOUS WARNING
  • Most Forex traders lose all their money.
  • Using the robot posted here in trading Forex does not guarantee success.
  • Trading this robot could lead to serious financial loss.
  • Trading this robot without understanding its underlying trading strategies guarantees traders will lose their money.
  • This is not a set-and-forget ea; there is no such thing and anyone who tries to claim there is, is either stupid or lying. This ea requires frequent manual intervention.
  • At best, a trading robot is only 90% as good as the manual strategy it trades. At best. At worst, it can be much less effective. If the strategy is rubbish, so is the robot.
  • To trade this robot, you have to understand:
MAKE SURE YOU READ THIS POST http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... 41#p111241 There was a Forex bloodbath on Jan 15th 2015 that you need to know about.

This EA uses a retrace of x candles in the 'wrong' direction to generate a trade in the direction indicated by your choice of Super Slope and Peaky inputs. It uses the Slopey Peaky Bob engine found at viewtopic.php?p=159559#p159559. Read SPB's User guide for information about everything apart from this trade trigger.

You need the "SPB core library.mqh" file in your platform's Include folder. Download it from viewtopic.php?p=159559#p159559

The perceived wisdom is: buy the dips; sell the rallies so:
  • When SS/Peaky indicate buy only, wait for the no of candles in your NoOfCandles input to fall before sending a buy trade. He ignores 'flat' candles.
  • When SS/Peaky indicate sell only, wait for the no of candles in your NoOfCandles input to rise before sending a sell trade. He ignores 'flat' candles.
Edit 27th October 2019
I like this EA a lot and now have it on three $1,000 live cash accounts. I have attached the set file I am using in case you want to try it yourself. To summarise:
  • H1 time frame.
  • 6 candles retrace to trigger a trade.
  • SL 50, TP 100.
  • 0.05 lots order size. The I-am-right-or-I-am-out nature of the EA justifies the high lot size.
This one is not a trading tart, so margin is never a problem. A trade that goes bad eventually hits its stop loss and releases the margin it needed to remain open.

SPB CP is a bit of a roller coaster ride, so you need to remember the big picture. The testing demo I started on the 26th June is still running the same set file apart from 1 lot order sizes. It is currently worth $26,458 i.e. in increase of over 30%.

Coders
Use Candle Power as a shell template to which you can add your own trade triggers. The attached, "Adding your own trade trigger.pdf" explains how.

:xm: :rocket:

Matters of general interest
Go here to download and run the script that will fill your platform's missing chart history: http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... f=15&t=254
Read this post:
http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... p?f=6&t=78 Newbie traders, read this for inspiration and warning. Those of you who have suffered losses, read it for inspiration.

Masterly summary of hedging: http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread. ... ost4977179

EA coding
I receive may requests to code EA's. Traders, if I code your EA for free, then I will share it here. If you want me to code your EA without sharing, then my fee is $100 payable into my paypal account. I explain why at http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... ?f=15&t=79, at the bottom of the post.

Useful utilities/EA's/scripts -

-
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

Here is a fun game for you folks to play:
  • Open a demo with a deposit of $20,000. Yes, I know you haven't got $20,000 to burn. This is for fun, OK?
  • Download the attached set file. Attach SPBCP to the usual XAUUSD chart and load the setfile.
Here is what happens:
  • Trade size: 1 lot.
  • Trading time frame: M1.
  • Reversal candles: 10.
  • TP: 30.
  • SL: 10.
I cannot believe that this is a feasible trading strategy but today has seen the risk:reward ratio of 1:3 really profitable.

Plus, it is good fun to watch.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

wallywonka
Trader

Post by wallywonka »

Love your thinking Steve! I was actually trying something very similar but on 5M timeframe :clap:
SteveHopwood
Owner

Post by SteveHopwood »

For your interest folks, I have added a live trading edit to post 1.

wallywonka
Trader

Post by wallywonka »

SteveHopwood » Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:01 pm wrote:For your interest folks, I have added a live trading edit to post 1.

Nice Steve :clap: :clap: :clap:

I did run this for a while but obviously was not getting a lot of trades with it, how many are you getting on average?
geojalencar
Trader

Post by geojalencar »

Hello Steve. How are you?
So, why these 19 pairs only?

Hugs.
J. Alencar
SteveHopwood
Owner

Post by SteveHopwood »

geojalencar » Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:04 pm wrote:Hello Steve. How are you?
So, why these 19 pairs only?

Hugs.
I have taken GBP out for a while.

SteveHopwood
Owner

Post by SteveHopwood »

wallywonka » Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:43 am wrote:
SteveHopwood » Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:01 pm wrote:For your interest folks, I have added a live trading edit to post 1.

I did run this for a while but obviously was not getting a lot of trades with it, how many are you getting on average?
Here is a TradeReport of the closed trades:
XAUUSDH4.png
Just over 4 months of trading, so let's say 17 weeks. 56 closed trades (3 more still open), so roughly 3 trades a week.

That is an average, so I bet there were weeks when there were no trades.

wallywonka
Trader

Post by wallywonka »

SteveHopwood » Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:18 pm wrote:
wallywonka » Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:43 am wrote:

Here is a TradeReport of the closed trades:

Just over 4 months of trading, so let's say 17 weeks. 56 closed trades (3 more still open), so roughly 3 trades a week.

That is an average, so I bet there were weeks when there were no trades.

Looking pretty solid Steve! Yeah I think I ran this for a week one time and no trades and so I pulled the pin on the VPS.
SteveHopwood
Owner

Post by SteveHopwood »

FYI folks, I have added the GBP pairs back into the mix and included them in the post 1 set file.

Return to “Super Slope EA's”