Slopey Peaky Bob's Candle Power

WorldsEnd
Trader

Post by WorldsEnd »

Hi Steve,

can you please comfirm the .set file is still the one you are using for you live trading strategy? When setting it up this morning on a 1000€ demo I recognized that there is no hard TP/SL anymore but a basket cash TP of 1000. Did you change parts of the strategy in the meantime?

BR
Sebastian
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

WorldsEnd » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:10 am wrote:Hi Steve,

can you please comfirm the .set file is still the one you are using for you live trading strategy? When setting it up this morning on a 1000€ demo I recognized that there is no hard TP/SL anymore but a basket cash TP of 1000. Did you change parts of the strategy in the meantime?

BR
Sebastian
Thanks for spotting that. Nope, SL should be 50 and TP 100. I have replaced the setfile in post 1.

The $1,000 basket global position TP is deliberate. I am trading 0.05 lot sizes on a starting balance of $1,000. I want to grab the loot if enough trades are open and the overall profit is $1,000. Unlikely, but you never know.

:xm: :rocket:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
nrforex

this is a bug?

Post by nrforex »

Hello.
In function getPeaky(). I see this code:
//Long
if (peakyStatus[pairIndex] == peakylongtradable)
if (ask > HalfWay)
peakyStatus[pairIndex] = peakylonguntradable;

//Short
if (peakyStatus[pairIndex] == peakyshorttradable)
if (bid < HalfWay)
peakyStatus[pairIndex] = peakyshortuntradable;
and i think it must be:

if (peakyStatus[pairIndex] == peakylongtradable)
if ( MarketInfo(symbol,MODE_ASK) > HalfWay)
peakyStatus[pairIndex] = peakylonguntradable;

//Short
if (peakyStatus[pairIndex] == peakyshorttradable)
if (MarketInfo(symbol,MODE_BID) < HalfWay)
peakyStatus[pairIndex] = peakyshortuntradable;

Thank you!
Yannis
Trader

Post by Yannis »

Merry Christmas to all.
@nrforex, Steve always uses a replacement for all standard functions like bid/ask, it is called getBasics(symbol) and it is in all his EAs.
You can do a search inside the code for bid and ask, and you will see where they lead you.
HTH
isabek
Trader

Post by isabek »

please look at getBasics() procedure
nrforex

Post by nrforex »

Thank you all for your reply.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

I will be updating my report at http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... 29#p168729 soon.

There are some failures and some surprising successes but the runaway winner by a huge margin is this one. There are no trades currently open and the balance is just shy of $30,000 i.e. a nearly 50% increase on the $20,000 deposit.

Two things have turbo-charged the demo recently. The first is changing the take profit to 150 pips whilst leaving the stop loss at 50.

The second is the scaling out stop loss. This saves a fortune when a trade goes to SL. I noticed this earlier:
EURUSDH1.png
The starting lot size is 1. The blue rectangle marks the lowest point the price reached. 50% of the trade had closed by then. You can see the value of scaling back in if the market changes direction in favour of the trade. The extra profit would have been huge.

I have added scaling back in to the Slopey Peaky Bob.mqh include file, downloadable from Slopey Peaky Bob's thread. Irritatingly, this necessitated sending the function an extra parameter, so I had to add this to all members of the SPB tribe. Remember to re-download the trading EA if you want to take advantage of the scaling back in feature.

You can save yourself some time by editing the EA yourself:
  • Save your inputs as a set file.
  • Unload the ea from the chart.
  • Download Slopey Peaky Bob.mqh
  • Load the trading EA into your code editor and press F7 to compile.
  • Double click on the error message to be taken to the error.
The error code is:
if (scaleOutStopLoss(OrderTicket()) )

Add the extra parameter:
if (scaleOutStopLoss(OrderTicket(), MagicNumber) )

Recompile and reattach the EA to the chart. Go into the inputs window and you will see the new inputs: ScaleBackIn and ScaleBackInTradeComment

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

SteveHopwood
Owner

Post by SteveHopwood »

V 1a is in post 1, with the hidden stop loss and scaling back in code added.

You need the "SPB core library.mqh" file in your platform's Include folder. Download it from viewtopic.php?p=159559#p159559

SteveHopwood
Owner

Post by SteveHopwood »

V 1b is in post 1. I have added the D1 moving average filter that I describe at viewtopic.php?p=169489#p169489

Code checkers, DIYers and those who want to add this filter to other members of the tribe, find the relevant code by doing a search for this comment:
//D1 moving average filter

I have added it everywhere I have added code for the filter.

SteveHopwood
Owner

Post by SteveHopwood »

Time to remind you folks about this one.

It has been running on demo since 24th June 2019, so just shy of a year. The results:
XAUUSDM30.png
Interesting to see it losing not far off 3,000 pips yet gaining 27% in cash terms. Pips ain't everything. :lol:

Follow along if you want:
Login: 2150503
Investor: zvja7vq

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Super Slope EA's”