Weekly Slopey Peaky Bob

nwesterhuijs

Weekly Slopey Peaky Bob

Post by nwesterhuijs »

The EA in post 1 includes "Slopey Peaky Bob.mqh" for a number of functions. This file however has for some time now been replaced by "SPB Core library.mqh". When you include this new one you'll get errors for duplicate definitions of functions. The former include file is no longer available on the forum unless it was hiding in a place I was not able to find it. So rather than to make it again dependent of an include file that may seize to exist, I preferred to make it independent of include files for the time being (different objective than Steve who aims to reuse many standard or often used functions). And after running it for the past 6 months on demo I figured why not share, so others can still test it if they want to without much hassle. This is a version that will compile without errors or the needs for these include files to be present.

I hope this clarifies it a bit. Cheers, Norbert
hheld

Weekly Slopey Peaky Bob

Post by hheld »

I understand thank you.

BR
echoman01
Trader

Weekly Slopey Peaky Bob

Post by echoman01 »

Thanks nwesterhuijs ! :clap:
biobier
Trader

Weekly Slopey Peaky Bob

Post by biobier »

Also I am a fan of the first version of the EA called SHF-WSPB3.
I am running a demo with set 15803 for a over a year and it made great results (especially during corona times):
2020-06-21 21_59_24-22505373 SHF-WSPB3 15830 _ Myfxbook.png
I have the same in live but I manualy intervented and grabbed profits few times.

Also I had the successor SHF-WSPB2 (the naming is really confusing!) running for about a year and it did not as good (but still well) as the predecessor for me (I think due to the trailing).

@nwesterhuijs Looking at your mod I also see you adjusted defaults of
  • HtfSsDifferenceThreshold
    HtfSsSlopeATRPeriod
    UseAtrForGrid
    BasketTrailingStopStartValuePercent
    BasketTrailingStopgapValuePercent
Is your demo running with these defaults?
Have you uploaded results of your demo to FxTestify?

I suggest to add a fix to not send more orders than allowed by crim:
Place this:

Code: Select all

//Max trades allowed by broker check.
   if (!checkBrokerMaxTradesOnPlatform(1) )
      return(false);
below:

Code: Select all

bool sendSingleTrade(string symbol,int type,string comment,double lotsize,double price,double stop,double take)
{
Updated file attached.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Must-reads for FOREX NOOBS as me:
Help for Newbies.
Information For Beginners
nwesterhuijs

Weekly Slopey Peaky Bob

Post by nwesterhuijs »

Hi Biobier,

Thanks for the update.

The results are on fxtestify:
https://www.fxtestify.com/SHF-WSPB2/2011-2222.report

I agree that on fxtestify for WSPB3 also look promising. I had already downloaded this set yesterday :-), good to hear you have good experience with it for the past year on demo.

Wrt the modifications in settings, in Q3/Q4 last year WSPB2 looked better at closing trades compared to WSPB3 (from what I recall), so I went for that one, and my modifications are based on a set that was running well on fxtestify at the time I was reviewing WSPB2.
biobier
Trader

Weekly Slopey Peaky Bob

Post by biobier »

As I got a few PM's after my post. I would like to share my infos to all.

To sheed some light into the history of this EA this is the historical order (last one last released) as I see it:
  • Slopey Peaky Bob 1w.mq4
    FXT-SPB-3-weekly_mod.mq4
    FXT-SPB-3-weekly_mod-fix.mq4
    Weekly Slopey Peaky Bob 2q.mq4
    Weekly Slopey Peaky Bob 2q_noINC.mp4
Attached the EA FXT-SPB-3-weekly_mod-fix.mq4 which I use with set 15803 (on Live and Demo).
It is based on FXT-SPB-3-weekly_mod.mq4 and adds
  • Shirt Protection
    CheckMaxAllowedTradesByBroker
    Gain some space in the UI
As with the original where this comes from, be aware that this EA will need it's time to build up profit. So be super patient (talking about months!). Also it will have a drawdown (for me the max was 36%, running it since 04.2019). My accounts have a levarage of 1:20 and the 15803 I started with a 7k€ account (as you can see on the screenshot provided).

Cheers!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Must-reads for FOREX NOOBS as me:
Help for Newbies.
Information For Beginners
barry
Trader

Weekly Slopey Peaky Bob

Post by barry »

Thanks for this biobier. I am using the same version as you, and I see on FXTestify that we are both doing well with it, over a long period of time now. May that continue :D
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Weekly Slopey Peaky Bob

Post by SteveHopwood »

biobier » Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:13 pm wrote: As with the original where this comes from, be aware that this EA will need it's time to build up profit. So be super patient (talking about months!). Also it will have a drawdown (for me the max was 36%, running it since 04.2019).
Cheers!
Just to back up Alex's comment about being patient. SPB will drive you nuts when in a period of drawdown for weeks on end. It is doing just that to me right now.

It is still the only EA that has been profitable for me over the long term. Lots of others have come, flamed briefly, then disappeared into oblivion.

Read this post viewtopic.php?p=170033#p170033 to see how patience can be rewarded.

:xm: :rocket:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
CrazyRichAsean

Weekly Slopey Peaky Bob

Post by CrazyRichAsean »

biobier » Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:13 am wrote:As I got a few PM's after my post. I would like to share my infos to all.

To sheed some light into the history of this EA this is the historical order (last one last released) as I see it:
  • Slopey Peaky Bob 1w.mq4
    FXT-SPB-3-weekly_mod.mq4
    FXT-SPB-3-weekly_mod-fix.mq4
    Weekly Slopey Peaky Bob 2q.mq4
    Weekly Slopey Peaky Bob 2q_noINC.mp4
Attached the EA FXT-SPB-3-weekly_mod-fix.mq4 which I use with set 15803 (on Live and Demo).
It is based on FXT-SPB-3-weekly_mod.mq4 and adds
  • Shirt Protection
    CheckMaxAllowedTradesByBroker
    Gain some space in the UI
As with the original where this comes from, be aware that this EA will need it's time to build up profit. So be super patient (talking about months!). Also it will have a drawdown (for me the max was 36%, running it since 04.2019). My accounts have a levarage of 1:20 and the 15803 I started with a 7k€ account (as you can see on the screenshot provided).

Cheers!
Many thanks biobier for sharing the "FXT-SPB-3-weekly_mod-fix.mq4" file above, when compiling the code into .ex4 there was a "marginCheck - function not defined" error, and I saw that it was due to a simple typo mistake at Line 2244 -- just change the "marginCheck()" to "MarginCheck()" and the compilation would complete without error. Thanks again.
barry
Trader

Weekly Slopey Peaky Bob

Post by barry »

The EA posted above has performed well on FXTestify, with SHF-WSPB3 second only to DESK-SPB. To my knowledge there has never been a manual for it, with eRIKb81 writing “it adds a trade filter from the code in WPB:
- SS has to agree with 'Weekly' to enter a trade.
- There is a close when either SS or the Weekly gives an opposing signal “
That text appears on p11 of The 100,000 pips SPB Challenge.

I like the EA, but I don’t think it always works as intended, e.g., the attached screenshot shows short trades in eurcad. The entry seems fine, but surely it should have exited by the vertical red line on the chart. That could have been a connection error in my setup I guess, but my connection is good so more likely the code somehow missed the reversal upwards.
EURCADH4.png
If anyone feels inclined to check out the code, I am keen to understand it, and to do whatever I can to help further improve it if that seems the thing to do.
Thanks for any help,
Barry

Return to “Super Slope EA's”