Weekly Slopey Peaky Bob

MihxUp

Weekly Slopey Peaky Bob

Post by MihxUp »

Hey Barry,

WSPB works fine on my site. I don't know your settings but based on the default settings the EA on page 1 ("Weekly Slopey Peaky Bob 2q.mq4") trades like this:

Buy:
  • SuperSlope H4 is up
  • weekly candle is green
  • Peaky peaked and is in the lower half of the last 3000 bars
Sell:
  • SuperSlope H4 is down
  • weekly candle is red
  • Peaky peaked and is in the upper half of the last 3000 bars
All pendings will be deleted if either SuperSlope H4 or the weekly candle changes color. The EA closes all trades only when the trailing basked target starting at 10% is hit.

Surely someone can correct me if I am wrong. However, I hope this helps you and makes things clearer.
barry
Trader

Weekly Slopey Peaky Bob

Post by barry »

Thanks for that Max, much appreciated. Looking at the trades that are placed on my platform, it seems that the weekly candle in question is the current open candle, while the colour of the most recently closed candle is irrelevant, is that right?

Because it's called Weekly Slopey Peaky Bob, I imagined that weekly superslope was a factor, but it looks like I made that up :arrrg:

And I presume you know how it works because you can make sense of the code, is that right? This EA is based on Steve's SPB, but this variation seems to be the product of other members, and I don't believe there was ever a manual written for it.
MihxUp

Weekly Slopey Peaky Bob

Post by MihxUp »

barry » Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:12 am wrote:Thanks for that Max, much appreciated. Looking at the trades that are placed on my platform, it seems that the weekly candle in question is the current open candle, while the colour of the most recently closed candle is irrelevant, is that right?

Because it's called Weekly Slopey Peaky Bob, I imagined that weekly superslope was a factor, but it looks like I made that up :arrrg:
Yes, that is right. I have to add, however, that the EA filters the trade direction based on the last weeks close.
To be more precise, if your weeklyTimeFrame candle (default H1) is below last weeks close, the EA will trade short. If it's above, the EA will trade long.
barry » Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:12 am wrote: And I presume you know how it works because you can make sense of the code, is that right?
More or less. I can read the code, know where to find stuff in it and make small adjustments. But overall, I am just reading all posts carefully.
barry » Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:12 am wrote: This EA is based on Steve's SPB, but this variation seems to be the product of other members, and I don't believe there was ever a manual written for it.
There is no specific manual about this EA, but it is quiet similiar to SPB which already has a sufficient documentation, imo. The only addition is the weekly trade filter (logic can be found here) and the trailing basket that is already described in the SPB manual. But all this stands also in the first post of this thread. :smile:
Inelson

Weekly Slopey Peaky Bob

Post by Inelson »

Hi I was wondering if anyone had any ideas. I have been running WSPB on a VPS and at 17.50 today all 139 trades shut. There was no margin call. In the experts tab it looks like WSPB did close them. I don't think the shirt protection kicked in. Sadly there was a big DD on it. Any ideas would be really welcome.

Ina
biobier
Trader

Weekly Slopey Peaky Bob

Post by biobier »

Greetings WSPB fans!
I really would be interested to hear how the EA is doing for you last months. Since I have the opinion that we should also share status when one is not successful, to learn from each other also on that.
For my 3 live accounts running set 15830 and 22144 I have missed to manually close a basket of about 11% gain around October 2020 :arrrg: After that the accounts went into drawdown of 30% to 40% rapidly. :uff:
To get out at least a little of the DD, I have closed a few of the biggest losers which moved very far from the market.
The untouched Demo for 15830 (which is on FxTestify) is in DD of 32% currently.
This again schows this EA can have huge DD and need balls of steel (or even osmium).
I would be happy to read how it goes for others running WSPB.

Cheers!
Must-reads for FOREX NOOBS as me:
Help for Newbies.
Information For Beginners
trader689
Trader

Weekly Slopey Peaky Bob

Post by trader689 »

mine has a bit of drawdown but overall is going very well

trader
biobier
Trader

Weekly Slopey Peaky Bob

Post by biobier »

Updated version including the UseAtrForBasketTP as Steve posted a DIY enhancment at Slopey Peaky Bob
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Must-reads for FOREX NOOBS as me:
Help for Newbies.
Information For Beginners

Return to “Super Slope EA's”