Weekly Slopey Peaky Bob

eRIKb81
Trader

Weekly Slopey Peaky Bob

Post by eRIKb81 »

I've created another version of WSPB, based on the code from SPB version 2q. The first version (WSPB3) can be found here and was based on SPB3 code version 1l.

I basically moved the logic from Weekly Peaky Bob in place of the ltf (low time frame). It filters the trade direction based on last weeks Close.
The medium timeframe code still is there, it's just commented out. It could be used as an extra filter for entries with 5 or 15 minutes SS.

I changed a lot of the settings, because i want the trailing basket behaviour from SPB2, but without the fixed lot size. SPB2 is a beast with low drawdown and very steady gains. WSPB3 is very agressive, so i thought 'what will happen if i combine them? WSPB3 with trailing basket stops?' I've seen it make huge profits, only to give half or more back, i hope this filters it a bit more.

The default settings are 0.01 per 3000 dollars, an ATR-based grid, trailing stops based on percentage, trading the H4 slope with 1H peaky. It trades almost all hours, i let the trailing stop do all the closing, no Zeljko or biased filtering, that can only limit profits. I trust the basket.

I will start running a local test now and put it on a VPS if no weird things happen.

Feel free to experiment and comment, but be aware that this is an untested EA, it's very likely I made an error or two.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ehrenmat
Trader

Weekly Slopey Peaky Bob

Post by Ehrenmat »

Hey Erik,

thank you for your efforts in modifiying FXT-SPB-3. Unfortunately, these modifications will inevitably lead to a confusion on which version to use, over time.
Therefore, I have simply "mutilated" one of your WSPB versions now being a TDesk sending zombie by default. We could code an indie for the candle comparison, too, but for now, this is the most time saving way for everybody. With this WSPB-TD EA, we all can use WSPB with TDesk and its Trading Partner. Desky has all the trade management modules needed for pretty much any trading style ever invented and/or needed. So from now on, we all can combine your mod with any other given TD signal and implement it in our most individual trading setup.

Please note: Since this is an EA, it needs to have Live Trading allowed in your general empty4 settings. Otherwise it won't refresh the TDesk signals.

Cheers,

Mat

:hi:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Ehrenmat on Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Remember: A few hours of trial and error can save you minutes of looking at the README
eRIKb81
Trader

Weekly Slopey Peaky Bob

Post by eRIKb81 »

I understand the possible confusion, but this is the same logic, only in an updated shell, with more options and some bugs removed with the updates to SPB itself. And not many bugs added by me, i hope. TDesk functionality is one of those options.

You made a mistake with your patch to the original WSPB3 code, by the way, line 2209:

Code: Select all

{
               WeeklyStatus[PairIndex] = red;
               signalWW = LONG;
               }
LONG should be changed into SHORT.
Ehrenmat
Trader

Weekly Slopey Peaky Bob

Post by Ehrenmat »

eRIKb81 » Today, 00:34 wrote:I understand the possible confusion, but this is the same logic, only in an updated shell, with more options and some bugs removed with the updates to SPB itself. And not many bugs added by me, i hope. TDesk functionality is one of those options.

You made a mistake with your patch to the original WSPB3 code, by the way, line 2209:

{
               WeeklyStatus[PairIndex] = red;
               signalWW = LONG;
               }
LONG should be changed into SHORT.

Thanks for the heads up. :good: Typical copy-paste error :arrrg:

I have corrected that mistake and updated the post.

Cheers,

Mat

:hi:
Remember: A few hours of trial and error can save you minutes of looking at the README
barry
Trader

Weekly Slopey Peaky Bob

Post by barry »

Hi eRIK,
Thanks for the new version, I had been thinking that WSPB needed its own thread, and now you've done it.
I couldn't compile v2q, with 24 errors - lots of undeclared identifiers and undefined functions to do with TDesk, and I'm trying to run it on a platform that previously ran WSPB3 without a problem.
I don't think 2q uses TDesk, am I right?
Thanks for any assistance,
Barry
Wavegarrick
Trader

Weekly Slopey Peaky Bob

Post by Wavegarrick »

Hi Barry,

There is a possibility that you don't have the updated TDeskSignals.mqh file which must go into your include folder. You can upload it here http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... qh#p163522.

Hope it helps.
Cheers
Leon
biobier
Trader

Weekly Slopey Peaky Bob

Post by biobier »

Hi,

after updating "Slopey Peaky Bob.mqh"
line 3293 need to be adjusted from:

if (scaleOutStopLoss(OrderTicket()) )
To:

if (scaleOutStopLoss(OrderTicket(),MagicNumber) )
Must-reads for FOREX NOOBS as me:
Help for Newbies.
Information For Beginners
eRIKb81
Trader

Weekly Slopey Peaky Bob

Post by eRIKb81 »

I received a few questions on this EA but I will not maintain it. You can indeed simulate it with Desky or get very similar results by using the latest SPB from Steve and a candlestick trailing stop on the weekly timeframe. Or maybe one of those on the daily timeframe, 5 candles back. It does everything it needs to, only the logic for opening a trade is different, but that should not matter much in the long run.
nwesterhuijs

Weekly Slopey Peaky Bob

Post by nwesterhuijs »

For those interested in running this EA, even though its performance and settings could be mimicked by TDESK, please find attached a version that no longer requires an include file that no longer available on this forum.

The main reason for posting is, is that I am rather impressed with how it handled the Covid-19 March 2020 period compared to the SPB3 demo I had running. Its style of trading suits me better than SPB, and although everybody needs to confirm for themselves whether or not this WSPB aligns with their trading style, it's handling of the recent volatility impressed me sufficiently to share it here for those who want to give it a go and play around with it.
hheld

Weekly Slopey Peaky Bob

Post by hheld »

What do you mean with include file is not availaible?

BR

Return to “Super Slope EA's”