SPB detail testing

Zennor
Trader

SPB detail testing

Post by Zennor »

SteveHopwood » Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:35 pm wrote:
Zennor » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:24 pm wrote:For some reason on Eaymons VPS I have lost all 6 of my demo account connections.

I tried demo.globalprime.com.au:443 as Trader689 suggested but alas no joy, I can see a UK Vantage demo account and can connect with a new login to those but not the old demo account. Live account is fine.

I fear that this means I may have lost my SPB test data and all other testing accounts which are quite old as I am also testing XY42 with some good results. Has anybody else experienced this?
Still OK here.

Post about this in Eaymon's thread, pm him here and email him via his site. He might not be reading this thread and needs to sort this out. He will want to.

Cheers
Thanks Steve,

Somebody must have known something because about 2 minutes ago all Demo accounts connected without any intervention from me, very strange but happy to have all accounts working as there is a lot of back testing data on those account. :!!:
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

SPB detail testing

Post by SteveHopwood »

Zennor » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:40 pm wrote:
Thanks Steve,

Somebody must have known something because about 2 minutes ago all Demo accounts connected without any intervention from me, very strange but happy to have all accounts working as there is a lot of back testing data on those account. :!!:
Brilliant.

The upside of Eaymon's vps is we can run ridiculous numbers of platforms - especially if like me, you pay for the top facility. Plus, it really is cheaper than anything else I have seen.

The downside is that I get the distinct impression that he is, "Learning on the job" with all the disadvantages that come with the approach.

The downside is becoming less and less obtrusive. Eaymon was never one to ignore a problem whilst he was awake. He appears to be building a team and so there is usually someone available to help with problems.

So, brilliant to see that yours was rectified even before you contacted him. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

:clap: :rocket:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
billv
Trader

SPB detail testing

Post by billv »

Zennor » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:24 am wrote:For some reason on Eaymons VPS I have lost all 6 of my demo account connections
Perhaps it was due to account hyperactivity.
It happened to me before.
It will happen again if the EA versions you are running are opening and closing or modifying positions very often.
Zennor
Trader

SPB detail testing

Post by Zennor »

billv » Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:17 am wrote:
Zennor » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:24 am wrote:For some reason on Eaymons VPS I have lost all 6 of my demo account connections
Perhaps it was due to account hyperactivity.
It happened to me before.
It will happen again if the EA versions you are running are opening and closing or modifying positions very often.
BillV,

Thanks, I am aware of such instances but in this case that was not the problem. All 6 accounts had no connection and given the trading nature of the EA's it was not going to be that problem. Plus if that was the case I would have had to contact Global Prime and ask them to reset all accounts and take the telling off for placing so many trades. The other reason I knew this was not the case was because I could see no ping information in the Login/Rescan servers box bottom right of Empty4 for the Demo servers. If I had been locked out by Global prime I would still be able to see the servers but not be able to login.

All accounts as I mentioned just came on without any intervention from me so it is far more likely that the problem was on the VPS as nobody else was experiencing the same problem and I wholly agree with Steves previous comments about the VPS from Eaymon.

He never shys away from a problem and the problems albeit minor ones are getting less and less as Eaymon gets to grips with his business.
tgm0
Trader

SPB detail testing

Post by tgm0 »

Hello Zennor.

I haven't confirmed this with GP, but your issue may have been related with GP triggering a global Empty4 update. Server downtime may have been due to this upgrade being deployed.
I know of the upgrade because I was running a VPS with an older version of Windows Server; it was running fine since last Friday, but then the update kicked in and the new Terminal.exe does not work with the old OS and also GP servers were now rejecting my connection for using an older version of Terminal.exe
Zennor » Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:37 am wrote:Plus if that was the case I would have had to contact Global Prime and ask them to reset all accounts...
Also commenting on the above.
Hyperactive accounts now get erased on the spot and GP will not be able to recover them anymore, so you will loose all of your data, no second chance. Guess how I know about it? :arrrg:
richard96816

SPB detail testing

Post by richard96816 »

Any good VPS provider will do backups. But one backup is often not enough.

If you care about your data and accounts it helps to create your own secondary (or more) backups and keep them current.

Empty4 email, etc., can be kept current just by opening an account from another machine -- preferably with AutoTrading disabled and close all the charts. Especially important for live accounts. That also provides you with quick access for emergencies.

Copying the whole Empty4 terminal directory gets you almost everything you'll ever need. Disk space is cheap.

I don't especially like VPS unless the vendor promises automatic fail-over, even then ...

Good luck!

Return to “Coordinated EA Testing Forum”