SPB detail testing

barry
Trader

SPB detail testing

Post by barry »

Thanks everyone for this discussion on leverage, I just want to make a few observations, which I think are correct:
1 thomas' ac 1733 had a max open drawdown of 2300, trading .01 lots, so .01 per 3000 would have survived, but with a huge drawdown,
2 it matters what your ac currency is, so .01 lots per say 4000 is a lot less risky if your ac is denominated in a more valuable currency such as usd, eur or gbp, and a lot more risky if your ac is in aud or nzd. I think 1733 is denominated in aud.
3 tgm0's ac's used this .01/$x feature, which means that lotsize increased as equity increased, and that has an effect on the slope of equity growth - if the ac stays alive, equity growth should follow a parabolic path upwards, which is great, but adds a bit of complexity to analysing which feature is responsible for increased slope in the equity curve.
Zennor
Trader

SPB detail testing

Post by Zennor »

Shut down all my Empty4 accounts so that I could reboot my VPS and clean out the memory.

Upon starting the 6 Empty4 platforms 2 had totally lost all login details and all templates. Unfortunately one of the two was my test platform. Despite a few hours trying to get it back up because I thought that I had recorded the login details but had not I am unable to continue with this test which is a real bummer because it had been doing so well. :twisted:
tomele
Administrator

SPB detail testing

Post by tomele »

Zennor » 18 Mar 2019, 01:13 wrote:Shut down all my Empty4 accounts so that I could reboot my VPS and clean out the memory.

Upon starting the 6 Empty4 platforms 2 had totally lost all login details and all templates. Unfortunately one of the two was my test platform. Despite a few hours trying to get it back up because I thought that I had recorded the login details but had not I am unable to continue with this test which is a real bummer because it had been doing so well. :twisted:
Your credentials should be recorded in the email basket of Empty4.
Happy pippin, Thomas :-BD

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble.
It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
(Mark Twain)

Keep the coder going: Donate
Zennor
Trader

SPB detail testing

Post by Zennor »

tomele » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:21 am wrote:
Zennor » 18 Mar 2019, 01:13 wrote:Shut down all my Empty4 accounts so that I could reboot my VPS and clean out the memory.

Your credentials should be recorded in the email basket of Empty4.
Tomele everything was deleted all mails everything, that was the first place that I looked.
Zennor
Trader

SPB detail testing

Post by Zennor »

Zennor » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:13 am wrote:Shut down all my Empty4 accounts so that I could reboot my VPS and clean out the memory.

Woof Woof, found a sheet with a load of Empty4 account numbers and passwords. One just happened to be one deleted. All up and running again. Happy Days. :yahoo:
trader689
Trader

SPB detail testing

Post by trader689 »

good to know zennor, i absolutely hate it when Empty4 does that upon a restart of the terminal - although it's a lot better in that regard than it used to be. As just standard nowadays i always note all acct numbers/ passwords in a single document and add to it when i start a fresh demo. Good tip i learned recently from the stellar Global Prime support after a faulty ram chip caused multiple sudden restarts of my pc - (on Global Prime which most of my demos use) - if you get a 'no connection' error then use this in the 'server' field when you login (the third field after 'login' and 'password' ) - demo.globalprime.com.au:443

This sorts any 'no connection' errors every time.

trader
Zennor » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:45 am wrote:
Zennor » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:13 am wrote:Shut down all my Empty4 accounts so that I could reboot my VPS and clean out the memory.

Woof Woof, found a sheet with a load of Empty4 account numbers and passwords. One just happened to be one deleted. All up and running again. Happy Days. :yahoo:
tgm0
Trader

SPB detail testing

Post by tgm0 »

A month ago or so I shared some feedback on 3 “extreme” SPB demos of mine.
The initial purpose of this tests was to see how long it took to blow up the accounts.
Well, 1 account finally blow up, a second one is almost there, but the first one it's still kicking.
It was 1 year ago yesterday that I opened DT-N02 and I’m still speechless on how flawlessly it keeps on racking pips.
Last 30 days were amazing; DT-N02 killed it and went from an already outstanding 1000% gain to almost 2000%.
Starting balance March 19th 2018 1000.00EUR, March 20th 2019 20000.00EUR+ Equity. Max DD still stuck at 33%.
DT-N02_Update1.PNG
DT-N02_Report.PNG
:!!: :!!: :!!:
N01 (ForexKiwi 1500) finally blew up on March 7th and N02 (ForexKiwi 800) is going to follow soon.
N01_Update1.PNG
N02_Update1.PNG
Today on N01 I disabled ForexKiwi and I'll let it run a few more months just to see how it goes.

Compared to my initial post, N02 is still stuck at +224.3%, but DD grew up to 65%. Almost all open positions are at a loss; Peaky H4 shows long or short since last summer while the pairs either moved sideways or in the opposite direction.
More importantly, margin sits constantly below 800% hence preventing new positions from being opened; this doesn’t help with basket closures and leaves behind a too many losers...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
trader689
Trader

SPB detail testing

Post by trader689 »

amazing stuff tmg0 :good:

:clap: :party:
Zennor
Trader

SPB detail testing

Post by Zennor »

For some reason on Eaymons VPS I have lost all 6 of my demo account connections.

I tried demo.globalprime.com.au:443 as Trader689 suggested but alas no joy, I can see a UK Vantage demo account and can connect with a new login to those but not the old demo account. Live account is fine.

I fear that this means I may have lost my SPB test data and all other testing accounts which are quite old as I am also testing XY42 with some good results. Has anybody else experienced this?
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

SPB detail testing

Post by SteveHopwood »

Zennor » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:24 pm wrote:For some reason on Eaymons VPS I have lost all 6 of my demo account connections.

I tried demo.globalprime.com.au:443 as Trader689 suggested but alas no joy, I can see a UK Vantage demo account and can connect with a new login to those but not the old demo account. Live account is fine.

I fear that this means I may have lost my SPB test data and all other testing accounts which are quite old as I am also testing XY42 with some good results. Has anybody else experienced this?
Still OK here.

Post about this in Eaymon's thread, pm him here and email him via his site. He might not be reading this thread and needs to sort this out. He will want to.

Cheers
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.

Return to “Coordinated EA Testing Forum”