SPB detail testing

tomele
Administrator

SPB detail testing

Post by tomele »

Hi fellow traders.

Those of you who are FXTestify members might know that I am running a very interesting long-time test of SPB with not-so-bad results: 27,000 pips in 13 weeks.
1.jpg
2.jpg
This test has a secret I want to explain to you: When I started, there was a flaw in the SPB code that prevented it from closing trades on Friday. But I had set up my test to not use any closure than that on Friday. So all trades stayed open for several weeks and I just watched the profits pile up. It made over 20,000 pips in the first five weeks. I took the money off the table and started the same game again. It made over 10,000 pips in the next 5 weeks. I am in the third cycle now.

SPB starts these cycles very slowly and then gets faster and faster as the open trade count increases. I want to find out the right point to close the cycles and start a new one. I propose another small coordinated group test within the whole FXTestify testing project. Attached is a special version of SPB-1o that offers only one input with predefined basket target pip values. Every other closing logic is disabled. The lot size is fixed at 0.01 and all other inputs are set to default.

Those of you interested, please continue here: https://etherpad.wikimedia.org/p/FXT-SPB-1. Patience will be key.

I really appreciate every support for this little project. Later we could set up similar groups to test basket trailing stops, combinations of both and so on. We could test singular aspects and then more and more combine them.

For any questions, feel free to contact me.

UPDATE

FXT-SPB-1 is updated. 750 as target is added. Besides the display options there is now also the rollover option for those with 6-candle brokers. The day-specific settings are all disabled, they are not important for what we want to achieve. Those with slow VPSs dont need to update now, but should on the weekend.

There is a second version attached (FXT-SPB-2). Steve provided us a version of SPB (1p) that has a "basket pips trailing stop" logic. My version offers only two trading related inputs with predefined trailing gap and start factor values. Every other closing logic is disabled. The factor input work this way: If you set the gap to 100 and the factor to 1, trailing will start immediately at 100 pips profit. If you set the factor to 4, trailing will start at 400 pips profit.

The rest of FXT-SPB-2 is identical to FXT-SPB-1.

Thanks to all.
Thomas

:rocket:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Happy pippin, Thomas :-BD

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble.
It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
(Mark Twain)

Keep the coder going: Donate
kwchau
Trader

SPB detail testing

Post by kwchau »

Hi Thomas, thank you for your effort. Have set up a test for 100 and the pad is updated.

Cheers,
kwchau
Zennor
Trader

SPB detail testing

Post by Zennor »

Tomele on the Etherpad is the figure after 10,000 supposed to be 50,000?

By the way great idea, I've grabbed myself a handful of the 1000 pip trades.. Should be some interesting results.
Last edited by Zennor on Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
taipan
Trader

SPB detail testing

Post by taipan »

Hi Thomas, thanks for the effort. I have setup on GP of 5000 pips. One question, do we need to put the EA "Trade2MySQLConnector" into experts folder for the data to be uploaded?

taipan
Zennor
Trader

SPB detail testing

Post by Zennor »

taipan » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:13 pm wrote:Hi Thomas, thanks for the effort. I have setup on GP of 5000 pips. One question, do we need to put the EA "Trade2MySQLConnector" into experts folder for the data to be uploaded?

taipan
Taipan not sure but Tomele will confirm but I think that line on the Etherpad should have read 50,000 and not 5,000 :hi:
tomele
Administrator

SPB detail testing

Post by tomele »

@taipan
I have moved your entry to the 5000 line. And yes, you must have the connector EA in the experts folder and the libmysql.dll in the libraries folder. All details are explained here: https://fxtestify.com/testers

Thanks for joining.

Cheers
Thomas

(Mark Twain)

jswarb001
Trader

SPB detail testing

Post by jswarb001 »

Hi Tomele I will chip in and set this up tonight. Any particular pip level you would like me to set it at?
Bismark
Trader

SPB detail testing

Post by Bismark »

All setup to roll. Using 250 as per my current parallel SPB anyway.

One question, when there is an updated SPB version, will you sync and provide the updated mq4, or you will lock in to v1o ?

*trailing basket test would be an interesting addition to this test though but let that go through its stability cycle first
tomele
Administrator

SPB detail testing

Post by tomele »

@jswarb001
No special preferences on my side.

@Bismark
As long as no dramatic flaws will be found in the code, FXT-SPB-1 will not be changed.

@all
The slots have filled quickly, thank you all. You are fantastic. As we still seem to have more resources, I am thinking of one or two similar mono-dimensional tests. Stay tuned and keep some powder dry.

Cheers
Thomas

:rocket:

(Mark Twain)

tomele
Administrator

SPB detail testing

Post by tomele »

Hi @all.

Important

I just realized that the connector EA 3.0 has a problem with experts that have only one input. No harm will be done, the connector simply exits without doing anything. Slap, slap, slap for not testing it before. New connector version 3.1 is downloadable from the website, through the connector update function, or here: http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... 05#p160081

All testers, please update and reload the connector EA.

Cheers
Thomas

(Mark Twain)

Return to “Coordinated EA Testing Forum”