The 100,000 pips SPB Challenge

danjuma
Trader

Post by danjuma »

Hello tomele, currently demo trading FXT-SPB-3 as it is (nothing changed/modified in the settings). Could you please clarify how profitable trades are realised? The reason I am asking this question is because several times the floating PnL rises up to nearly £200 but the balance stays the same (£10000) since I started trialling FXT-SPB-3 a few days ago

Example of what I mean is in the screen shot below I just took. The floating PnL is £167.76, the equity is £10167.76, the balance is still at £10000. Does the floating PnL have to reach a certain amount before it is realized? Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gertje
Trader

Post by Gertje »

danjuma » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:05 am wrote:Hello tomele, currently demo trading FXT-SPB-3 as it is (nothing changed/modified in the settings). Could you please clarify how profitable trades are realised? The reason I am asking this question is because several times the floating PnL rises up to nearly £200 but the balance stays the same (£10000) since I started trialling FXT-SPB-3 a few days ago

Example of what I mean is in the screen shot below I just took. The floating PnL is £167.76, the equity is £10167.76, the balance is still at £10000. Does the floating PnL have to reach a certain amount before the it is realized? Thanks
Any pair will close after an opposite signal has been send.
If a pair has 'buy' trades open, a new 'sell' signal will close all buys, and new sell pendings will be send.
And so on and so on.
danjuma
Trader

Post by danjuma »

Gertje » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:07 am wrote:
danjuma » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:05 am wrote:Hello tomele, currently demo trading FXT-SPB-3 as it is (nothing changed/modified in the settings). Could you please clarify how profitable trades are realised? The reason I am asking this question is because several times the floating PnL rises up to nearly £200 but the balance stays the same (£10000) since I started trialling FXT-SPB-3 a few days ago

Example of what I mean is in the screen shot below I just took. The floating PnL is £167.76, the equity is £10167.76, the balance is still at £10000. Does the floating PnL have to reach a certain amount before the it is realized? Thanks
Any pair will close after an opposite signal has been send.
If a pair has 'buy' trades open, a new 'sell' signal will close all buys, and new sell pendings will be send.
And so on and so on.
Okay, so it's not basket trading. Just confused why no profit is being realised. The floating PnL goes way up, and then down again, and balance is just static. Looking at the account history, no pair has actually been closed so far, so guess no opposite signal so far. Thanks
Last edited by danjuma on Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

danjuma » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:26 am wrote:
Okay, so it's not basket trading. Just confused why no profit is being realised. The floating PnL goes way up, and then down again, and balance is just static.
Read post 1 and stop annoying people.

:xm: :rocket:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
Gertje
Trader

Post by Gertje »

I can only start to imagine what amount of patience Tomele must have had trading this.
Sitting on ones hand doesn't describe it very well in my opinion.
This is amazing, not to say mind wrecking.
:smile:
Wavegarrick
Trader

Post by Wavegarrick »

Hi Gertje,
I can only start to imagine what amount of patience Tomele must have had trading this.
Sitting on ones hand doesn't describe it very well in my opinion.
Crumbs, even got some gardening done today :smile: . My overall basket trades at over 3000 pips trading positive swap pairs only. Touch wood :good: :yahoo:

Cheers
Leon
tomele
Administrator

Post by tomele »

One of my demos just touched the 11,000 pips mark after 7 days. That is a bit spooky.
XAUUSDM30.png
Cheers
Thomas
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Happy pippin, Thomas :-BD

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble.
It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
(Mark Twain)

Keep the coder going: Donate
alex_forex
Trader

Post by alex_forex »

GBP helps a little :smile:
Nice :hi:
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

alex_forex » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:02 pm wrote:GBP helps a little :smile:
This neatly encapsulates why I mostly ignore the news these days in regard to trading.

UK politics are a basket case.

Our "leaders" are certifiable nutters.

Yet the pound is strengthening.

I just look at CSS and Peaky these days. They tell me more in 10 seconds than the pundits could do in a lifetime.

:xm: :rocket:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
alex_forex
Trader

Post by alex_forex »

So true :lol:
Good night guys :hi:

Return to “Coordinated EA Testing Forum”