The 100,000 pips SPB Challenge

tomele
Administrator

Post by tomele »

Hi @all.

Some of you will have followed a special Slopey Peaky Bob test I had set up mid March 2018. It made 92,000 pips until the end of 2018. That are whopping 450 pips per trading day. Here is the actual state:
XAUUSDDaily.png
The equity is going sideways at the moment, but it is step for step closing open trades and increasing the balance. It could be waiting for the next run up phase.

I was criticized for using an outdated SPB (1L) version, but I am not the guy to change horses in the middle of the race when I am in front of the rest. This test was on most days the best SPB test you could find on FXTestify. That is the reason I didn't touch it.

Now I want you to prove that it really has legs and my results weren't a one day's fly. I created a special FXT-SPB-3 version (based on SPB 1L) having my test settings as defaults. All settings that would ruin the idea by introducing trade exits are disabled. Of course you could re-enable them in the source code, but be warned. The results will show up in the database as FXT-SPB3 and I don't want them to be mixed up with strategies that exit trades before an opposite signal appears. All inputs offered can be modified to your hearts content, though.

Basically, we are employing a "No Exits" strategy. No Friday exits, no stops, no targets, no baskets. This monster stacks trades in one direction to catch large directional moves. It only reacts to opposite signals. This means it closes all trades and enters trades in the new direction as soon as both signals (Peaky and SuperSlope) agree. Don't confuse that with the inputs in the SuperSlope section. They control what happens when only SuperSlope turns around.

Don't worry if you don't see any trades although all signals agree. SPB-3 doesn't send market trades, but a grid of pendings. It can take a while for the first trade to get triggered after the signals give a "go".

Be prepared to have an average of 100-150 open trades with up to 20 open trades on single pairs. This is the trick this pony plays. Your account must have enough wiggle room for it. So keep your lot sizes small. 0.01 lots allowed me to double a 10.000 AUD demo account in 9 months with a lot of room.

Now here is the deal: Whoever will reach a profit of 100,000 pips (documented on FXTestify) using FXT-SPB-3 without modifying the code, will be entitled to a very special once-in-a-lifetime trophy. Not speaking about the eternal glory of being in the exclusive circle of the best EA tamers.

We will coordinate our efforts here: https://etherpad.wikimedia.org/p/FXT-SPB-3.

Let me know what you think ... and have fun.

UPDATE 19-01-23

The inputs CloseMarketTradesOnOppositeColour and DeletePendingTradesOnOppositeColour have been renamed to CloseMarketTradesOnOppositeSignal and DeletePendingTradesOnOppositeSignal due to an incompatibility with FXTestify. If you had changed the values of these inputs, you must apply your changes again.

Cheers
Thomas

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Happy pippin, Thomas :-BD

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble.
It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
(Mark Twain)

Keep the coder going: Donate
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

Looks like a great game Thomas. I will set up over the weekend.

:xm: :rocket:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
MurphyMan
Trader

Post by MurphyMan »

SteveHopwood » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:22 pm wrote:Looks like a great game Thomas. I will set up over the weekend.

Likewise.

I am excited to give this a go. I have been basket trading SPB and it has worked well for me. However, the drawdown can sometimes be four, five, or more times what the TP would be before it finally turns around in the right direction. It has always worked out - but so far. :?

I'll set this one up on my home machine until I see it's working right for a week or so, then I'll probably move it to my VPS and then connect with FXTestify.

Thanks.

Sam
theforexedge
Trader

Post by theforexedge »

SteveHopwood » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:22 pm wrote:Looks like a great game Thomas. I will set up over the weekend.

i'm good to set this up on a Global Prime Empty4 account on my VPS :good:

Jason
thomasmore
Trader

Post by thomasmore »

Hi Tomas,
All set up and running on Eaymon's VPS, with the DB-connector.
Put it on a 500 € demo account (GlobalPrime, of course!) to see what happens to a small account.
Just after rollover a good number of pending orders were placed.
Let's go, and a big thank you to all the contributors of this great project.
Best regards,
thomasmore
tomele
Administrator

Post by tomele »

thomasmore » 09 Jan 2019, 23:31 wrote:Hi Tomas,
All set up and running on Eaymon's VPS, with the DB-connector.
Put it on a 500 € demo account (GlobalPrime, of course!) to see what happens to a small account.
Just after rollover a good number of pending orders were placed.
Let's go, and a big thank you to all the contributors of this great project.
Best regards,
thomasmore
Great you join us. I wish you a big portion of luck to not blow it.

Cheers
Thomas

(Mark Twain)

rapple
Trader

Post by rapple »

Dear Thomas

I too have setup FXT-SPB-3 on both a GP and ICMarkets Empty4 demo with a healthy $10000 balance

I also have TDesk running to monitor trades

I did note however that both Empty4 terminals are limited to 40 pendings.

This means that only the top eight valid pairs are filled (see TDesk)

Is this correct or should all Pairs be filled? Not sure if its a Broker limit or Lot limit

Thanks as always Richard
Edit. All pairs are starting to fill now after market opened. Sorry
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tomele
Administrator

Post by tomele »

FXT-SPB-3 is not compatible to TDesk at all.

Cheers
Thomas

(Mark Twain)

rapple
Trader

Post by rapple »

tomele » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:07 am wrote:FXT-SPB-3 is not compatible to TDesk at all.

Cheers
Thomas
Just using TDesk to monitor trades. It seems to be working well showing all Pending trades
tomele
Administrator

Post by tomele »

As long as you don't expect any signals to be shown, yes

(Mark Twain)

Return to “Coordinated EA Testing Forum”