TDesk Discussion

wojtek_amm
Trader

TDesk Discussion

Post by wojtek_amm »

tomele » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:44 pm wrote:
wojtek_amm » 25 Jun 2019, 14:24 wrote:Hi Thomas,

Shouldn't be a problem, although I don't understand the purpose. Please elaborate.

Cheers
Thomas
Hi Thomas,

To answer your question I have to write more. In my first post in this thread on March 23, I wrote:

For me, Tdesk has only one imperfection. No possibility to load a dedicated indicator that would generate a position closing signal.

This system fault is not corrected to this day.

Exit support for the SuperSignal has many problems.

There should be an additional variable ExitSignal, where you will be able to define Drones responsible only for closing the position. List of drones defined in "Special Signals"

Introduction of this function and addition of several lines of code by Stveve to support it will not in any way compromise existing users' strategies and configurations. If the user does not define a dedicated Drone for Exit, nothing will change in the previous action of TDesk + Partner EA.

For me, opening a new position and closing it are two completely different configurations.

So it should be organized in my opinion: Such a theoretical example (this is just an example and will not work on the real market)

I use M1, M5, M15, H1 Fisher Idicator to open the position (SoloSignal +100)

I want to close the position on the selected level - for simplification !!! theoretically 50% Fibo yesterday D1 (only the example will not work on the market). But it can be any other selected level like S / R, daily or weekly average range, Pivots and many similar.

Then I defines a dedicated drone, which after reaching the level for the profitable transaction will give ExitSignal = True. Adds Dron to the list in Special and the case is completed.

How is it now?

In my real system I use just closing on levels.

I have to work hard to achieve what I have described above to bypass the limitations of the system. I can not use Oposite Signals.

So I have a drone all the time emits NONE signal but when it reaches the expected level, it emits FLAT signal.

I need to add this drone to VetoOnDisagreeSignals and in addition to ForceExitOnDisagreeSignals and more !! in addition to 2x ExludeFrom ......!

It works, but! not always, because we do not know if at the time of the automatic opening of a new item the price was lower or higher than the example Fibo. When the price goes back, I can take SL. So I need to have another drone, which will check before opening the position where the price is and this is not the end of logical difficulties. It's getting too complicated.

In fact, to overcome the problems described above, I have defined for myself the need to close the levels directly in the EA Partner.

I wrote about adding NONE to Uniwersal Drones when I read that you are preparing the Universal Line Drone. I could describe a few more situations when the NONE function in UDB or UDS Drone comes in handy.

I know that every system has limitations and can not take into account all the wishes and ideas of users. It seems to me that what I described significantly improved the ease of configuring any strategy.

I have to write it - the whole is a brilliant tool for building, testing and even using in the real market to automatically make transactions. Besides what I described above, I am not able to think of anything more that could be added to TDesk.

Regards,
Wojtek
tomele
Administrator

TDesk Discussion

Post by tomele »

Hi Wojtek.
wojtek_amm wrote:To answer your question I have to write more. In my first post in this thread on March 23, I wrote:

For me, Tdesk has only one imperfection. No possibility to load a dedicated indicator that would generate a position closing signal.

This system fault is not corrected to this day.

Exit support for the SuperSignal has many problems.

There should be an additional variable ExitSignal, where you will be able to define Drones responsible only for closing the position. List of drones defined in "Special Signals"
You very well already have this possibility, although for the sake of flexibility, it is not as easy as just adding the signal to one list. You have to add it to several lists.
wojtek_amm wrote:Introduction of this function and addition of several lines of code by Stveve to support it will not in any way compromise existing users' strategies and configurations. If the user does not define a dedicated Drone for Exit, nothing will change in the previous action of TDesk + Partner EA.
Steve has added that code quite some time ago. If Desky receives an EXIT signal from TDesk, it closes all positions. What else should it do?
wojtek_amm wrote:I have to work hard to achieve what I have described above to bypass the limitations of the system. I can not use Oposite Signals.

So I have a drone all the time emits NONE signal but when it reaches the expected level, it emits FLAT signal.

I need to add this drone to VetoOnDisagreeSignals and in addition to ForceExitOnDisagreeSignals and more !! in addition to 2x ExludeFrom ......!

It works, but! not always, because we do not know if at the time of the automatic opening of a new item the price was lower or higher than the example Fibo. When the price goes back, I can take SL. So I need to have another drone, which will check before opening the position where the price is and this is not the end of logical difficulties. It's getting too complicated.

In fact, to overcome the problems described above, I have defined for myself the need to close the levels directly in the EA Partner.

I wrote about adding NONE to Uniwersal Drones when I read that you are preparing the Universal Line Drone. I could describe a few more situations when the NONE function in UDB or UDS Drone comes in handy.
I don't consider copy/pasting a signal to 4 lists "hard work". However, I could add an input that automatically adds all EXIT signals to the VETO and EXCLUDE lists to make it super-comfortable. But this is not my highest priority.

By the way, there is a "NullifyDirectionalSignals" list. If you enter a signal on this list, LONG and SHORT are converted to NONE and only FLAT is passed through. This way you can make every signal a true Risk On, Risk Off signal and exit all positions when it is FLAT. Admittedly, you have to copy/paste it to 5 lists: NullifyDirectionalSignals, ExcludeFromSoloSignals, ExcludeFromMultiSignals, VetoOnDisagreeSignals and ForceExitOnDisagreeSignals.

An Universal Lines Drone will act very similar to what you described. As soon as price approaches or crosses a line by a certain distance, it will either send a FLAT or directional signal, otherwise NONE. Now if you have been busy writing your own line drones, why don't you publish them? We all will learn from the code.

Cheers
Thomas
Happy pippin, Thomas :-BD

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble.
It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
(Mark Twain)

Keep the coder going: Donate
wojtek_amm
Trader

TDesk Discussion

Post by wojtek_amm »

Hi,

Thomas, do not worry about me and my problems. Maybe my written English is not the best and you have not quite understood where the problem lies.

It's too hot for a beer today. I heard that after just 3 beers it is easier to talk and write in a foreign language. The fact that it's easier to communicate is true because I checked it myself. I do not have much opportunity to write in English. These texts here are probably the most what I wrote in my life and for this I support the google translator.

I have basic MQL programming skills and have already solved thanks to your brilliant idea with Drones and GlobalV ... all my problems 1.5 weeks ago.

I would like to write only one new post if you let. I will describe one more in my opinion the problem in TDesk logic, which hinders the implementation of any strategy.

I will also shortly describe my system, which, despite its apparent complexity and many rules, is as simple as the entire Forex market. It is as simple as a stick from a brush and very similar in logic to your way of thinking.

I will not publish it, however, because it can not be forced into the current standard TDesk / Partner configuration - I am writing only the idea and some examples.

I think that someone from the forum may find this useful for what I write, maybe I will somehow contribute to the development of a brilliant tool that is TDesk and PartnerEA from Steve.

So decide? Should I write or go sunbathing?

Wojtek
tomele
Administrator

TDesk Discussion

Post by tomele »

Go on ...

(Mark Twain)

wojtek_amm
Trader

TDesk Discussion

Post by wojtek_amm »

Hi Thomas,

The day before yesterday, of course, I went for a beer and sunbathe. In addition, I had to think what I want to write, because sometimes I excite myself too much. Sometimes I write too much. :yahoo:

In the TDesk case, I think all the time that TDesk has only one major disadvantage. No independent ExitSignal support. This causes a cascade of problems.

I'm frustrated that Thomas does not understand that.

When Thomas asked me why Uniwersal Drone should be able to generate NONE, the correct answer is:

Because it is possible. The ingenuity and needs of users are infinite. The system is to be universal, so we do not limit its future applications.

Another example problem that causes the current SuperSignal organization is VETO.

I have to add VETO to close the position, which at the same time overwrites the time in SuperSignal.

Yesterday, on the original unmodified system, I watched VETO block the re-entry of the position. SOLO and MULTI wanted the system to repeat the transaction but block VETO.

It was not real VETO!

It's VETO artificially and forced, !!! only so that the system can close the previous position.

This problem may also occur at the first transaction after TDesk starts, because at the very beginning Veto will block SuperSignal and open a new position.

Fortunately, thanks to the partial openness of the system, anyone who knows the basics of MQL can overcome these problems in different ways.

For closing, Exit can be directly added to the EA Partner or to create a dedicated EXIT Dron and use its work by GlobalVariables or modify TDeskSignal.mqh. It all depends on the ingenuity of Trader, who will adapt the system to his strategy.

Opening positions can also be easily improved to bypass the limitations of SupeSignal and VETO.

But what do people who do not know MQL have to do - this question bothers me and lies at the base of my posts.

I'm sorry Thomas, I do not know how to describe it differently.

It also seems to me that with the use of "Close all charts", all GlobalVriables should be automatically deleted / reset for Time and Status for Super, Solo, Multi, Veto.

If someone tests different configurations of Drones and does not pay attention to this problem ............

I promised to describe a system based on the levels I am working on.

All my work with Tdesk is a transfer of the existing strategy which I use from 2013 based on levels to Tdesk and its automation to work on smaller TF - M1 / ​​5.

However, describing the whole strategy is a task beyond my strength. Captain Jack did a great job and effort here on the forum. This should be read by all users of this forum in its entirety.

Explanation of how the market really works You have to start with the complete basics, that is, there are two types of levels. (there are really 3 types of levels)

The main levels generated by the Matrix in which we live and the levels generated by Traders and systems designed by people.

The trend is only a way from level to level. And vice versa - if a trend is created due to economic conditions or any events, it only moves between levels.

Next you have to !!! correct !!! draw !!! both types of levels on one graph to see that nothing happens by chance.

If anyone would like to follow this path, then I suggest you start with the attached PDF. http://bonniehill.net/pages.aux/murrey/ ... tation.pdf

A big thank you to Steve, Thomas and the entire forum team. :clap:

Best Regrds
Wojtek
tomele
Administrator

TDesk Discussion

Post by tomele »

Wojtek. I am seriously annoyed now.

You complain that I don't understand you. Well, I have tried to explain the concept of TDesk to you many times now. You complain that I don't understand what you want. I very well understand what you want, but it just makes no sense to me.

You simply can have only one condition at a time:
LONG, SHORT, FLAT or EXIT.

What you are postulating would result in more than one condition existing in parallel. Brilliant people have discussed EXIT signals at TDesk Whispers forth and back. An EXIT can not be taken while an ENTRY is valid. Otherwise the signals would flip-flop. Thus the EXIT must have the option to overrun (VETO) the ENTRY condition. And, and, and ... many thoughts went into it.

There is a logical problem in your argumentation you don't seem to grasp. I am not going to discuss that any further. TDesk makes complete sense to me and most other people. If it doesn't for you, create your own or go play somewhere else. Or try to understand the concept and use it as it is.

I don't say your input would not be valuable. You pointed me to a problem with the persisting signals after an EXIT. Thanks for that. It will be solved in TDesk 6.8.

This might be a good point to finish.

Thomas

(Mark Twain)

WorldsEnd
Trader

TDesk Discussion

Post by WorldsEnd »

Hi Thomas,
I do have a small feature request for the next TDesk version which hopefully attracts your interest. I am experimenting with the push alert function of TDesk at the moment. To sum it up right at the beginning - it is working like a charm. Nevertheless there‘s one feature which could improve the alert function a bit.
Would it be possible (and make sense in your opinion) to code a time constraint into TDesk‘s alert function? Something like: „only send super signal alert when super signal is valid for x minutes“? This would help to reduce the amount of alerts sent to one’s smartphone. Today I had like a couple hundred alerts because super signals were switching back and forth.

BR
tomele
Administrator

TDesk Discussion

Post by tomele »

Good idea I will consider.

Cheers

(Mark Twain)

WorldsEnd
Trader

TDesk Discussion

Post by WorldsEnd »

Hey guys,
I am back with a question concerning TDesk (and Desky). As you can see on the following picture I am trading Baluda's Super Slope in conjunction with Peaky. If both agree I open a trade.
TDesk.jpg
I like to define the following exit condition for Desky to close the appropriate trade:

Close trade when opposite Peaky appears (change from FLAT to OPPOSITE)

I assume I could create such a condition with the following operator in TDesk:
Expert.jpg
Thing is, I read Thomas explanations here but I still have no idea which statement I need to enter behind 'ForceExitOnOppositeSignals' to get the exit condition for Desky to close the position.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tomele
Administrator

TDesk Discussion

Post by tomele »

WorldsEnd wrote:I still have no idea which statement I need to enter behind 'ForceExitOnOppositeSignals' to get the exit condition for Desky to close the position.
Just enter the signal (PK-1/H1) there. And to be sure, enter the same in VetoOnOppositeSignals.

Cheers

(Mark Twain)

Return to “TDesk: A Thomas Special. The greatest trading tool ever.”