TDesk Discussion

tomele
Administrator

TDesk Discussion

Post by tomele »

Hi.

Theoretically this should work:

1. Use the Universal Signals Drone to detect the big arrows only and set the max age to 1 bar.
2. In Desky, allow multiple market trades and don't close them on a FLAT signal.

Cheers
Thomas
Happy pippin, Thomas :-BD

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble.
It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
(Mark Twain)

Keep the coder going: Donate
michymx

TDesk Discussion

Post by michymx »

tomele » Sat May 18, 2019 3:54 pm wrote:Hi.

Theoretically this should work:

1. Use the Universal Signals Drone to detect the big arrows only and set the max age to 1 bar.
2. In Desky, allow multiple market trades and don't close them on a FLAT signal.

Cheers
Thomas
Thank you so much for the quick answer Thomas! I've set up the USD, let see when market opens if I did it correctly

/EDIT It’s working as you told. Many thanks again! /EDIT
Last edited by michymx on Thu May 23, 2019 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wojtek_amm
Trader

TDesk Discussion

Post by wojtek_amm »

Hi Thomas,

After your explanation about how the ForceExit ... function works in Tdesk, I have carried out thorough tests.

Unfortunately, it is impossible to set a sensible (correct) policy with the output using dedicated exit indicators from the position, because this function is not self-contained.

I think it is worth considering introducing to the next version Tdesk of the TRUE ForceExit option ... using dedicated indicators whose logic will not be combined with other Tdesk functions.

After using the real ForceExit ....., re-entering the position should occur only after the new SuperSignal appears.

Best Regards
Wojtek
tomele
Administrator

TDesk Discussion

Post by tomele »

Hi Wojtek.

I am not sure if I can follow you.

There are two inputs "ExcludeFromSoloSignals" and "ExcludeFromMultiSignals". You must add your dedicated ForceExit... indicators there, if you don't want them to be used in the signal calculation.

Your second point (not entering again after the EXIT condition has vanished) is more a problem of the incoming signals you generate for TDesk. Let's take the two averages as example. For your demand, the incoming signal may be directional for one bar only after they have crossed and not always long or short. This might be an additional option for the Universal Buffers Drone.

We could also probably add an input "Trade each direction only once" to the system. But as this is trade mangement, it belongs more to Desky than to TDesk.

Cheers
Thomas

(Mark Twain)

cybersmart
Trader

TDesk Discussion

Post by cybersmart »

Hi,

Is there any possibility to add a Basket SL for individual pairs to the TDesk Partner?
Like the IndividualBasketTargetCash but as an SL?

You probably want to know why. I am following the "Pivot Trading" link at FF combined with HGI.
I use the "Pivot_Voty TD" to let me know where the pairs are in regards to the Pivots
https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=588764

It would then be perfect to use Tdesk Partner to manage my baskets and have a "soft" SL of a given $ value, ie a budget for each pair.

PS! If there is a MM EA with this function, pls advise. I have searched but cant find one,

Thanks
Cybersmart
wojtek_amm
Trader

TDesk Discussion

Post by wojtek_amm »

tomele » Wed May 22, 2019 11:48 am wrote:Hi Wojtek.

I am not sure if I can follow you.

Cheers
Thomas
Hi Thomas,

Thank you very much for your patience and forbearance. On Tuesday I bought 0.5 liters of vodka, instead of coffee, and after emptying 3/4 everything started ok.

! I certainly have to change coffee.

Everything works like you described and working correctly.

I do not know why I had such difficulty setting everything up. Maybe the problem was a large number of my indicators and settings.

I found a problem with limiting the number of characters to 50, but after shortening the descriptions is OK.

Thank you again for your help.

Cheers
Wojtek
wojtek_amm
Trader

TDesk Discussion

Post by wojtek_amm »

Hi Thomas,

If I have a pre-news lock enabled, for example 60 minutes, TDesk will not close the open position at this time. I checked this for the ForceExitOnOpositeSignal function.

In my opinion, blocking before and after NEWS should only block the opening of new positions. Blocking the service of open items seems to me to be wrong.

Best Regards
Wojtek
tomele
Administrator

TDesk Discussion

Post by tomele »

Hi Wojtek.

Good thinking. At the moment, all signals get completely frozen during news (and spread) blockage. If I understand you right, you are talking about an option to only block the generation of new directional signals. I will give that some more thoughts.

Cheers
Thomas

(Mark Twain)

wojtek_amm
Trader

TDesk Discussion

Post by wojtek_amm »

tomele » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:46 am wrote:Hi Wojtek.

Good thinking. At the moment, all signals get completely frozen during news (and spread) blockage. If I understand you right, you are talking about an option to only block the generation of new directional signals. I will give that some more thoughts.

Cheers
Thomas
Hi,

For me, total blocking with extended spread is good.

Before and after NEWS, only opening new signals should be blocked.

The EA must be able to close the position if the closing conditions are met.

Cheers
Wojtek
pMashMash

TDesk Discussion

Post by pMashMash »

Hi folks,

As many of you know, volatility is the friend of forex traders. Without volatility there is almost no opportunity and consequently no money to earn.

Most of crims are educating traders telling them to trade the most liquid pairs because this is “where the battle is”. Of course, as this is a pure criminal talk, it is partially disconnected from the reality.

Trading liquidity is not synonym of trading the most profitable pips. Criminals are just looking for their customers to offset the company risk for themselves! If you buy 1 lot of EURUSD and your neighbor sell 1 lot of EURUSD, life is good for the broker. Risk is almost auto mitigated since there is no main imbalance in the asset, most of their transactions are almost equally split. Perfect scenario for the broker, they can instead use their money to take trades against customers and make even more money thanks to this market-making trick.

Where it starts to be interesting is when the currency pair is less in demand. If you buy GBPSEK for example, your broker must immediately take the opposite trade to cover the business. They are not keen doing such thing because they must mandatorily allocate their capital in a passive way to protect their business rather than actively trade against their customers (you!).

So what’s the conclusion to that? The more liquid the pair is, the smaller the spread is. Inversely, if the pair is far less in demand, the spread is usually much larger. It makes logical sense: offer and demand rule everywhere.

You are now set with the base principles of the idea I would like to share with the forum.

TDesk is a mind-blowing tool. Tomele built a masterpiece. It’s just WOAH, breath-taking. To my eyes, it’s even better than Space X but I am not sure to be 100% objective here :)

I see one thing that can possibly be added to TDesk to give us even more opportunities to trade profitably:
- Add another spread threshold category in TDesk to trade exotic but very volatile currency pairs while remaining protected against crims.

Let’s have a deeper look to what I mean.

-Current Spread Column-
AbnormalSpreadThreshold: [pip value]
PossibleStopHuntThreshold: [pip value]
SpreadsBlockSignals: [true/false]

Here, we do want to be protected against abnormal spreads for very liquid currency pairs but we also want to add a second threshold for currency pairs with much higher spreads:
- Current threshold will keep protecting us against abnormal spreads for liquid pairs (the “traditional” pairs)
- The newly added threshold will give more spread room to the currency pairs that are not falling within the very liquidly traded category (the “exotic” pairs).

I suggest the following:

-Updated Spread Column-
AbnormalSpreadThreshold: [pip value]
PossibleStopHuntThreshold: [pip value]
HigherSpreadCurrencies: [comma separated list of currency pairs with higher spread]
HigherSpreadThreshold: [pip value]
HigherSpreadStopHuntThreshold: [pip value]
SpreadsBlockSignals: [true/false]

TDesk will automatically assign the AbnormalSpreadThreshold to currency pairs that are not listed under HigherSpreadCurrencies. HigherSpreadCurrencies will automatically be assigned the HigherSpreadThreshold and HigherSpreadStopHuntThreshold values.

I look forward to reading your feedbacks. Please feel free to ask if anything is not clear or let me know if I missed something.

Cheers,
Paul Canette

Return to “TDesk: A Thomas Special. The greatest trading tool ever.”