TDesk Setups Exchange

TDesk Setups Exchange

Postby r1ch4rd » Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:53 pm

Hi Folks

This is what I have been testing over the past couple of weeks, giving promising results.
Again it uses the cross of the 1SMA over the 34LWMA.
My aim, as always, is to get better entries, more pips per entry and lower draw down, I think we are getting there.

Steve is working on additions to Desky at the moment that will take basket TP at different values according to the daily range value of the pairs, and also place all the SL’s together. He's a busy chap so I'll work with what I've got for the time being.

Here is an example of it in action.
M5
UC.png

H1
UC H1.png

Here we use the H1 TF. All though we trade the M5 1SMA cross of the 400LWMA (which is equivalent to the H1 34LWMA minus 8, to make it a round number).
SS again (D1,W1,MN1), and also HGI (H4,D1,W1)
Immediate market trade on 100% agreement of the signals, and a grid of 2 Limit orders which are ½ D1 ATR apart.
There is also a SL at 150% of D1 ATR value (These need moving together manually with a script to the market order SL).
Individual pair basket TP is 60pips.

You will need HGI, Buffers & Signal Drones in your folder and relevant files too.

TDesk H1 34LWMA cross.tpl

Desky H1 34 LWMA.tpl

Default.tpl

Indicators.zip

Script.zip

Feed back, as always, is appreciated.
Take care & stay safe.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
r1ch4rd

TDesk Setups Exchange

Postby trader689 » Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:45 pm

that looks great r1ch4rd, many thanks for the share, will set this up for testing

trader
trader689

TDesk Setups Exchange

Postby 9fxnan » Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:03 am

jptwardy » Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:16 am wrote:I had the same problem - you need to edit out the "m#" prefix/suffix etc in both templates, tdesk and desky, and add you exclude symbol. Use notepad to search through the templates for m#. Thanks to everyone for working this out.

I have the same problem. Can you explaine a little more , please. I can't fine "m#".

thank you .
9fxnan

TDesk Setups Exchange

Postby c1borg » Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:13 am

r1ch4rd » Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:53 pm wrote:Hi Folks

This is what I have been testing over the past couple of weeks, giving promising results.
Again it uses the cross of the 1SMA over the 34LWMA.
My aim, as always, is to get better entries, more pips per entry and lower draw down, I think we are getting there.

Steve is working on additions to Desky at the moment that will take basket TP at different values according to the daily range value of the pairs, and also place all the SL’s together. He's a busy chap so I'll work with what I've got for the time being.

Here is an example of it in action.
M5

H1

Here we use the H1 TF. All though we trade the M5 1SMA cross of the 400LWMA (which is equivalent to the H1 34LWMA minus 8, to make it a round number).
SS again (D1,W1,MN1), and also HGI (H4,D1,W1)
Immediate market trade on 100% agreement of the signals, and a grid of 2 Limit orders which are ½ D1 ATR apart.
There is also a SL at 150% of D1 ATR value (These need moving together manually with a script to the market order SL).
Individual pair basket TP is 60pips.

You will need HGI, Buffers & Signal Drones in your folder and relevant files too.

Feed back, as always, is appreciated.
Take care & stay safe.

Looks like some great work here :good:
c1borg

TDesk Setups Exchange

Postby PaulWS » Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:01 am

Please can you explain in more detail what I am supposed to do with the script....and when I should execute it? I have it in the correct folder. Many thanks.
PaulWS

TDesk Setups Exchange

Postby r1ch4rd » Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:56 pm

Hi Folks,

First I would like to thank Steve, C1borg and Trader689 for the encouragement, it feels great to be finally giving positive input to this fabulous forum. :hi:

To answer the script question. When Desky gets the go ahead from TDesk and places a trade, it sends an immediate market order as well as pending orders. These all have stop losses added to them because we have told Desky to do so. However, these stops are all at different prices. The way I have been handling them is by left clicking the "A_modify_stops_DragDrop" (which needs to be in your Scrips folder) scrip and draging it onto the level of the first market trade Stop loss. This will move all of the stop losses to the same value. Simple.

m#, as I've said earlier, is for a XM micro account :arrrg: (My micro account now stands at 105% gain since the beginning of February using the sets I posted). If you have GP (Which you really should have) you don't need it.
r1ch4rd

TDesk Setups Exchange

Postby PaulWS » Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:03 pm

Script worked nicely on NJ. Thanks. :good:
PaulWS

TDesk Setups Exchange

Postby jptwardy » Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:52 pm

Hi r1ch4rd,

m#, as I've said earlier, is for a XM micro account My micro account now stands at 105% gain since the beginning of February using the sets I posted. If you have GP [Which you really should have)[/i] you don't need it.
GP isn't available to us in the US.
What leverage are you trading with? Thanks, John
jptwardy

TDesk Setups Exchange

Postby Sojourner » Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:48 pm

r1ch4rd » Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:56 am wrote:Hi Folks,

First I would like to thank Steve, C1borg and Trader689 for the encouragement, it feels great to be finally giving positive input to this fabulous forum. :hi:

To answer the script question. When Desky gets the go ahead from TDesk and places a trade, it sends an immediate market order as well as pending orders. These all have stop losses added to them because we have told Desky to do so. However, these stops are all at different prices. The way I have been handling them is by left clicking the "A_modify_stops_DragDrop" (which needs to be in your Scrips folder) scrip and draging it onto the level of the first market trade Stop loss. This will move all of the stop losses to the same value. Simple.

m#, as I've said earlier, is for a XM micro account :arrrg: (My micro account now stands at 105% gain since the beginning of February using the sets I posted). If you have GP (Which you really should have) you don't need it.

Thanks, R1ch4rd!
That modify script is the beez-nees! It' too early to tell but I think it was the missing link as to why our trading results were a bit different.
Is this feature being worked into this EA I hear you talk about being constructed by the Hopwood wizards?
Anyway I've got it all set up and will test the dickens out of it.
Thanks for you dedication and hard work. This is awesome!
Soj
Sojourner

TDesk Setups Exchange

Postby SteveHopwood » Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:11 pm

r1ch4rd » Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:56 pm wrote:To answer the script question. When Desky gets the go ahead from TDesk and places a trade, it sends an immediate market order as well as pending orders. These all have stop losses added to them because we have told Desky to do so. However, these stops are all at different prices. The way I have been handling them is by left clicking the "A_modify_stops_DragDrop" (which needs to be in your Scrips folder) scrip and dragging it onto the level of the first market trade Stop loss. This will move all of the stop losses to the same value. Simple.

This is the sort of thingy that Richard and I will be adding to Desky in the coming weeks. At the mo, I am coding Sharky, which is Desky with the additional features that Richard needs. I see a more general use for these features and so Sharky could well morph into Desky in the future. We shall see.

:xm: :rocket:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Global Prime is the official SHF broker. Click here to sign up for a live account with Global Prime and join the several thousand SHF members who wisely choose GP as their broker of choice.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Tommaso (milanese) for all the incredible work he does here.
SteveHopwood

Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

PreviousNext

Return to TDesk: A Thomas Special. The greatest trading tool ever.